PDA

View Full Version : second guessing dinning.. any thoughts?

kwhitt3202
09-13-2009, 10:19 AM
we are going in November-December and have ADR's for
1900 Park Fare-dinner
Tusker House-breakfast
Tonys Town Square- dinner
Sci -Fi-lunch
Narcoossees-dinner
Crystal Palace-breakfast
Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic pkg
Kona-dinner
Chef Mickeys-breakfast
Ohannahs- dinner
Biergarten - lunch
Wispering Canyon- dinner
There is three of us myself(not verry picky, dairy allergys), DH(verry picky), DS 4( not verry picky). We are on the Deluxe DDP.
I am second guessing 1900 Park Fare with the recent reviews not to sure about it.
What are your thoughts and where would you eat?

jenperich
09-13-2009, 11:09 AM
1900 Park Fare-dinner
Tusker House-breakfast
Tonys Town Square- dinner
Sci -Fi-lunch
Narcoossees-dinner
Crystal Palace-breakfast
Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic pkg
Kona-dinner
Chef Mickeys-breakfast
Ohannahs- dinner
Biergarten - lunch
Wispering Canyon- dinner

I think your choices sound great. I've only been to a couple of these places. Tusker House is a great place for breakfast. We fell in LOVE with Narcoossee's on our last trip - one of the best restaurants in Disney. Sci-Fi is one of the my favorites - I love the theming. Your son will love it there. Crystal Palace was a GREAT character breakfast! Only have been to Kona and Whispering Canyon for breakfast - but they were both tasty with great service.

Getting back to 1900. A co-worker of mine just went there with her two boys - 9 & 11, and they LOVED it. They thought it was great food and they said the character interaction was the best they've seen.

Have a great time!!

SBETigg
09-13-2009, 11:28 AM
I recommend not setting much store in reviews. Sometimes, they're right. But many times, there's a good chance the experience or your tastes are totally different than the reviewer's and you end up pleasantly surprised. I think it's important to experience for yourself, otherwise you could be missing something that might end up being one of your favorites.

If your choices look good to you, stick to them. 1900 Park Fare gets great reviews from some people, not so from others. The character interaction might be worth it either way. I love Narcoossee's and 'Ohana dinner, so I hope you enjoy them, too!

MistressGracey
09-13-2009, 11:33 AM
We have 2 picky eaters in our group, and they had no trouble finding things they liked at Whispering Canyon, Ohana, Chef Mickey's, or Sci-Fi. These are the only ones on your list that we have visited, but we loved all of these places...

kwhitt3202
09-13-2009, 11:48 AM
my son has picked out sci-fi because thats "where we can eat in a car"and Hollywood and vine because "then we can see mickey on the rock(on wdw.com they show micky on a rock for the intro for Fantasmic which we watch several times a day)" gotta love 4yr old boy logic. lol
We love Narcoossee's there was no question about that one.

Tigerinvestigator
09-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Not bad, but I could not live without Garden Grill on that list. To be perfectly honest with you, if I had to remove one to add Garden Grill it would be 1900 PF. Just my humble opinion because you asked. If you make all of those ADRs you will have a great trip.:thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
09-14-2009, 06:25 AM
I recommend not setting much store in reviews. Sometimes, they're right. But many times, there's a good chance the experience or your tastes are totally different than the reviewer's and you end up pleasantly surprised. I think it's important to experience for yourself, otherwise you could be missing something that might end up being one of your favorites.

If your choices look good to you, stick to them. 1900 Park Fare gets great reviews from some people, not so from others. The character interaction might be worth it either way.

I agree with this. I haven't been to 1900 Park Fare recently but I have a large family with varied tastes and they have always enjoyed eating here. I have tried some places because of what people have said on the boards. Sometimes I have been pleasantly surprised but have not enjoyed others. We all have different palates. Check out 1900 Park Fare's menu on Intercot's info central. See what's on the menu and decide if they offer foods which will be agreeable to all 3 of you. :mickey:

stitchaholic
09-14-2009, 06:42 AM
your choices sound great, i cannot comment on PF as i have never been there,my kids are not into the princesses,but after reading a trip report yeaterday with PF included,I am curious to try it!

VWL Mom
09-14-2009, 07:34 AM

:exactly:

kwhitt3202
09-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys. We had tried to get ADR's for Garden Grill and it was booked. I think we will keep 1900 unles something opens that we might like better.

jillluvsdisney
09-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I agree about not putting too much stock in a few bad reviews. I have not had good experiences with either Crystal Palace or Chief Mickey's breakfast buffets. We did not have children with us. I see you have a small child so your experience may be much more positive. I felt we were ignored the characters. I don't think Sci Fi is worth the price but , again, your small child will probably think it's really cool. I have eaten at every place on your list except Narcoosie's. We enjoyed them all. Don't fret!!
Ton'y get slammed on here a lot. I've been there 3 times and always had a nice meal.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
09-14-2009, 02:34 PM
I have to agree to the people that said to not take to much stock in reviews.

I personally have only been to two of the places on your list and Biergarten is one of my favorite places to eat (but may be tougher on the picky eaters) and I did 1900 Park Fare Buffet Breakfast on my honeymoon as our last meal there and was very happy, I thought the themeing was fun and the food was GREAT. But honestly is there any BAD breakfast place there? I don't think so