PDA

View Full Version : What is your ONCE IN A LIFETIME memory from inside one of the parks?

disneydoug
09-13-2009, 04:34 AM
What happened that was so cool and it won't likely happen again?

My daughter was at the height of her her N'SYNC craze several years ago. We arrived and found out that they were taping a Christmas Special in EPCOT during our trip.
It was very special for her at the time.

Madame Leona
09-13-2009, 07:49 AM
My husband proposed to me in the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Ian
09-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Ummm yeah ... that would be when we slept in the Castle! :D

StitchFan#1
09-13-2009, 10:16 AM
In 2006 were were there for christmas and we got a magic moment of watching the fireworks ontop of Astro orbiter! It was simply amazing the veiw was spectacular!

Disney4us2
09-13-2009, 10:22 AM
That would have to be on our first trip to WDW. DD and I did all character ts dining (ddp). At the time she was into Cinderella, she was 5 at the time. By the end of our stay she was asking why Cinderella's face was changing all the time:princess:

That first trip was really a once in a lifetime memory.:pixie:

Kenny1113
09-13-2009, 01:03 PM
a couple of years ago, we had purchased swords for the boys. DS8 ( I think he was about 5 or 6 at the time) was at wdw with is little friend and one of the CM at pinnochios haus began sword fighting with them. The place was empty and they were running around all over the ace having a great time!

Giggy
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM
On our 3 previous visits we have always had a character breakfast at Donald's Restrauntasaurus on one of our days at Animal Kingdom. On our first visit (1998, I was 8 years old) there was an incident to do with 'Mickey Mouse Pancakes', 3 pancakes joined to make a Mickey head shape. For as long as I remember when it comes cakes and similar foods I'd rather pull pieces off with my hands to eat than take bites out of it.

All Mickey saw however was me pulling the ears off a Mickey Mouse pancake. At first he ran around with his hands over his ears but when i did it again he tried pushing me out of the fire exit. At this point Donald came running over, I jumped to the side and Donald pushed Mickey out of the door!

Everyone, including Mickey and Donald, had a good laugh about this and we still joke at home about how Donald saved me! :donald:

Laughin' place
09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Riding home from a great day at MK in the front of a monorail, one of my sons (Im guessing he was 4 or 5) pointed to clouds crossing a full moon and said "look, Dad, there's peter pan's pirate ship". still chokes me up...

joonyer
09-14-2009, 03:25 PM
The first time we took our boys to WDW (they were 6 & 9 at the time, & my DW had never been either), we arrived at our resort (All-Star Sports) about 8pm, and found out that the MK was open that night 'til midnight. The boys were so excited, we didn't even wait to unpack and caught the bus to MK, even though we had not planned to hit any parks until the next morning. We had not even looked at a times guide and knew nothing about the fireworks or parade schedules, we were just hitting attractions at random and enjoying the awe in our boys faces and their comments.

We found ourselves riding Splash Mountain about the the same time that Wishes started. To top it off, there was a beautiful full moon that night rising over the castle, and when we rode around the outside portions of the mountain, with the fireworks going off and the full moon overhead, and the music from the ride and Wishes, well the is no other way to describe it other than to say it was just 100% PURE DISNEY MAGIC.
The boys were amazed and even DW and I were carried away by it all.
It brought tears of joy to our eyes. WOW! :fworks: :waycool:

That completely unplanned "accidental" discovery of just how magical a place that MK can be has become the essence of Disney Magic for us and our favorite Disney memory; kind of like your first love, if you know what I mean.

On every trip since we have intentionally ridden Splash Mtn. during Wishes just to recreate and relive the memory of that first truly magical experience. We may not always get a full moon, but reliving the memory of that first Disney park magic is priceless, and worth the price of admission all by itself. We have many great family memories from other vacations, adventures and camping trips, but that Splash Mountain experience is at the top of my list of favorite family memories.

I believe this kind of family experience is what Walt was after when he first dreamed of and created DisneyLand.

tink'72
09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
A few years ago we took my Dad (62) for his first visit to the world and when he stepped on Main St. in MK for the very first time was a moment I will never forget. His eyes filled up the moment he saw the castle. He said for years he had always seen pictures of the castle but to see it in real life was a moment for him and I that we will NEVER forget. :cloud9:

Lisaj13
09-14-2009, 03:34 PM
In 2005 my Dad (then 81) said he was going to send myself, my sister and my 2 DDs (then 8 and 12) to Disneyland. I managed to talk him into coming too.

It was my kids first trip and it looks like it was my Dad's last trip, as his health isn't as good as it was.

One of my favourite pictures is from that trip. My girls and my Dad standing by the sword in the stone, with big smiles.

My Dad may not have had lots of trips with his only grand-daughters, but at least we've got that one.

Wonderful memories!

lindique
09-14-2009, 06:16 PM
When I got to take the passholder's tour of the Castle Suite last December (of course, that was not as good as staying there!)

Frog
09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
We have three girls and drove from Texas to WDW. Along the way the girls passed time making the string freindship bracelets (I guess that is a girl thing?? :) ) just about the whole way. Middle girl really wanted to meet Minnie, so we rode the train to toontown for the opening one morning. When we got to the meet and greet for Minnie in toon town, our middle girl (7 at the time) gave her bracelet to Minnie and said "Here Minnie, I made this for you"... We didn't see it coming, so we barely made it out with out needing tissues! Wife and I still get choked up about that one...

blondeinbrandon
09-15-2009, 01:05 PM
For me it wasn’t in the parks but at the Grand Floridian.
After being married at the pavilion my brand new husband and I were brought to the GF for the reception and as the CM held the door for me and little girl asked her Mom “Is she a Princess?” Priceless for a bride to hear on her wedding day! Thank you Disney!
:mickey:

AdventurerKim
09-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Riding on the ferry back to the TTC and watching the fireworks while my grandfather was holding on our first trip to WDW is my favorite, once-in-a-lifetime memory. My second once-in-a-lifetime memory is being on Main Street with my family New Year's Eve at might night in 1999/2000. My last memory is last year when, on a whim, we went to WDW one weekend in September before PI closed so we could go to the Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse one last time. :cloud9:

Pirate Granny
09-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Although I've been many times, my most memorable trip is the last one with my Dad who was 87 and we stayed at the YC and went to the MNSSHP and my adult nephew pushing my dad in his wheelchair and them both singing Yo-Ho; Yo-Ho on the top of their lungs, coming away from the POC at midnight and the park was empty as it had started to rain about 30 minutes before. I've taken my grandchildren and children; but that memory will always be special in my heart. I'm so glad that we were able to give my Dad that much happiness and carefree time.
:pirate:

coneygoil
09-17-2009, 08:35 AM
I have so many memories that may never happen again!

My most favorite is that I saw David Ogden Stiers (from M*A*S*H, BatB, Lilo&Stitch) reading for the Candlelight Precession! He is one of my favorite actors. I was crying as his awesome voice read the Christmas story.

Several years ago, me and my folks were greeting Chip and Dale. Dale suddenly tickle attacked my dad, tickling him to the floor and kept going! My dad was red in the face and crying from laughing so much.

One my last trip, me and my aunt got ride ToT twice in a row, thanks to a CM (that's a whole other story). As we waited to go up in the VIP elevator, a guy CM belthop started a staring contest with me. We kept making funny faces at each other but neither of us broke! Then he grabbed my Puss in Boots plush and took a silly pic with it :D

MistressGracey
09-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Wow...I have one for each of my family members.

My youngest DS was in the Pop Arcade playing some game when all of a sudden, the game lit up and stated spewing out tickets like crazy. He had won the "jackpot" and he was so proud!

My oldest DS was getting autographs from the stunt drivers at LMA at DHS when they broke up laughing at his T-shirt, which made a statement about monkeys and poo. They gave him "5" and he was so happy.

The first time I went to MK with my DH...I was scared he wouldn't like it. I'll never forget how stunned he looked walking down Main Street. After riding all the Fantasyland rides, he said, "This isn't at all like I thought it would be!" Now we are both lifelong Disneyphiles.:thumbsup:

And me. This will sound corny as all-get-out, but after scrimping and saving for so long, our first Disney trip as a family (I had been as a little girl, which fired the obsession) I actually cried in Philharmagic, LOL. I couldn't help it. I couldn't believe we were there! My DH was still in college, and we went down on $800 and a prayer. I'll never forget how fortunate I felt to be sitting there.:)

Running_Bell
09-17-2009, 09:33 AM
In 1997 when my son was 5... he was picked by a CM to be in the parade at MK. He danced with Goofy and then walked with the parade for a little while holding Goofy's hand. A CM then walked me to the location where I could pick him up! It was the best.....

julyjewel
09-17-2009, 09:48 AM
I have quite a few...But there are 2 situationsthey happened to each what of kids each time we went...My son always seems to get the first kiss from Snow White when her Lipstick is really red.... My daughter, got to have Snow White to herself for about 20 min in the MK before her meet & greet started and this same thing happened to her in Epcot.

My one experience would the look on our faces seeing the castle for the first time!

Ms. Mode
09-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Our first family trip to WDW in Aug 2004, it was so HOT and after a full day of walking MK we happened into Liberty Square and got a table with NO problem and there was our very first character dinner...it was a blast!

Our last two trips if I hadn't called for ADRs well in advance we would have been eating CS the full trip:)

DisneyNut4Life
09-17-2009, 10:21 AM
We took my niece who was just 3 months old at the time to Disney World for her first trip. :mickey:
We ate at Chef Mickeys, and Minnie came over and "Asked" if she could hold the baby who could do nothing but stare at her!! We have priceless pictures of Minnie holding her and Mickey came over and held the bottle to feed her. How many kids have pictures with Minnie holding them and Micky holding the bottle! PRICELESS!! :cloud9:

Ian
09-17-2009, 11:36 AM
My most favorite is that I saw David Ogden Stiers (from M*A*S*H, BatB, Lilo&Stitch) reading for the Candlelight Precession! He is one of my favorite actors. I was crying as his awesome voice read the Christmas story.Oh man, I am soooooo jealous! That woudl have been awesome. I love David Ogden Stiers.

Marilyn Michetti
09-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Mine was Dec. 14, 2004. I was selected to be Veteran of the Day, and retire the flag in MK.:flag:

MadisonvilleMouse239
09-17-2009, 12:12 PM
We took our DS (then 3) to WDW for the first time. We were in Animal Kingdom on our first day and we were at Festival of the Lion King. Our DS was picked to be a part of the show.
I was in tears when I saw him walking around the stage and interacting with the CM. I still get choked up when I think about it.:mickey:

riklik1968
09-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Our experience was from 1994 when WCW was filming at MGM studios and The Hulk Hoagan show Thunder in Paradise was filming there also. We happened to be walking through near the enterance to the Great movie ride and Hulk Hogan, Brutus the Barber Beefcake and Mean gene Okerland were setting up for an interview. They could not have been nicer to my family. We were all pretty big fans back then and it really touched me how they were so nice to take time with us.

ILoveMickey'77
09-17-2009, 01:48 PM
We went to Disney on our first anniversary and woke up early one morning so we decided to head to HS for our first ever rope drop. As we were waiting in line a CM asked DH and I to participate in the rope drop. We were the starring couple that morning. Following the opening we got to ride on Rockin' Rollercoaster, just the two of us. It was pretty awesome, but our favorite part was finding out that the car used in the rope drop ceremony and that took us to Rockin' Roller Coaster was one of Walt Disney's personal cars.

Robert's Dad
09-17-2009, 02:40 PM
I have two but they are about the same trip and the same place. My DW & DS(1 ½ at the time) had 2 character breakfast booked at the Crystal Palace, because DS only knew Pooh & the gang. The first one was with all three of us, and Tigger was at the table next to us and it was time for Tigger’s shift change. Tigger walks a way and the next thing we know our son is gone, we look and he is running after Tigger, yelling “Tigger, Tigger” :tigger: so we catch up to my son and tell him to come back to the table that Tigger we come see him, I don’t think that he believed us, but Tigger did come back to see him and he was very happy.

The second breakfast my DW was at meeting in downtown Orlando, so it was just me and Robert. He was standing on his chair looking around for more characters, when Pooh started to walk down our row of tables. My son grabbed me by the neck and yelled “Pooh, Daddy, Pooh!” :pooh: I still man cry :baby: about that moment.

KylesMom
09-17-2009, 02:43 PM
WOW - some of these have actually brought tears to my eyes. There are some really special moments in this post!

Although there are several truly unforgettable moments which have happened within Disney World to my family, my most favorite memory was during the Millennium celebration during the Tapestry of Dreams parade. DS was not quite 3 1/2, and while standing near Norway watching the parade, he was called "onstage" to dance with a puppet and their master. This was/is some of our favorite music in the whole world, and when I think about that moment, I remember the joy that was not only on his face, but on DH and I's face as well! This was the first of several times he was called on to "play" during a parade, but it's definitely the most memorable!

Oh, and the first time at 27 months when we rounded the corner and DS starts yelling & pointing, "ickey's house, it's ICKEY'S HOUSE! DS used to think Mickey lived in the castle, not Cinderella!

Sorry, more than one, couldn't help it. Now I'm going to put on the Disney Millennium CD . . . :mickey: