PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining

Olivamom2
09-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I am hoping to get some advice and info.

My boys are 2 and 1. This will be our first trip. We are going for 5 days. I am wondering what 2 parks you would recommend. Also I want to do a character breakfast now can i reserve it ahead of time??? If yes where do i do that...Thank you in advance for your help..

ibrowse17
09-12-2009, 09:22 PM
First off...

:welcome: to Intercot!!

As far as parks, I would look at the MK for sure, and then maybe the AK. There a lot of things for younger folks to see and be interested in at all parks, but those would be my picks. For breakfast, I would go with Chef Mickey's. I am sure will get more good suggestions here. Have a great time:thumbsup:

green ranger
09-12-2009, 09:34 PM
If you are going to pick Animal Kingdom as one of your parks, then I highly recommend Tusker House in AK as a character breakfast. It has your main characters. My kids were 4 and 3 when we did it and absolutely loved it. Aside from going to every table, the characters also do a dance around the restaurant every so often. You definitely need an advanced reservation. You can call Disney dining or go onto the Disney website. When are you going? They accept reservations 180 days before your visit.
With your children the ages they are, I think I recommend MK and AK as your two parks too.
Have fun!

CanadianWDWFan
09-12-2009, 10:14 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!

For a character meal, I would recommend Crystal Palace (CP) at the Magic Kingdom (MK)for a nice quiet meal. Chef Mickey's while a great experience can get a bit loud. At CP you will find Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore.

For parks, MK is an obvious choice but we have always found that the Disney Hollywood Studios (DHS) is a good choice as well. Here you can get to see the Muppets, Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playset. We all have our favourites but our boys have always enjoyed their time at the Studios.

kemps@wdw
09-12-2009, 10:21 PM
1st off...Contrats :congrats: on choosing a WDW vaca! You most certainly will NOT be disappointed! As far as character dining goes, we really liked the Chef Mickeys breakfast buffet. LOADS of great food. And lots of interaction w/Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale. Disney Dining can usually help you with your ressies. We always go early (7-7:30 am), and then head on over to MK for our AM "hop".
Although, you can walk to MK quicker from the Contemporary, since it's your 1st trip, a ride on the monorail to the MK would be fun for the kids. Especially, if you can get the CM to let you all ride up front w/the operator. Just ask @ the loading area. And have a WONDERFUL time. I know it won't be your last!:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
09-12-2009, 10:39 PM
I second the suggestions for Tusker House for a character breakfast. (Chef Mickey is just a bit too frantic for me.) And CanadianWDWFan is right: DHS is a great park to visit with little ones.

Although, you can walk to MK quicker from the Contemporary, since it's your 1st trip, a ride on the monorail to the MK would be fun for the kids. Especially, if you can get the CM to let you all ride up front w/the operator.
A monorail trip is always fun but guests are no longer able to ride upfront with the pilot following the accident earlier this year. :(

Tigerinvestigator
09-13-2009, 12:02 AM
I would recommend MK and Epcot. I agree the Crystal Palace has great food (buffet selection) and Pooh and friends make for a great character meal. In Epcot, you will find what I consider to be the best character dining at WDW. The Garden Grill located in the Land Pavilion has great food served family style. The floor slowly revolves during your meal giving you a view of the Living With the Land boat ride beneath you. It has the best one on one character interaction at WDW with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale! You won't be disappointed.:thumbsup:

DisneyWFan
09-13-2009, 04:33 AM
1st things 1st :welcome:

As far as the parks are concerned Magic Kingdom is a definite park to do. As far as the other park it would depend on your kids. If they are in love with animals then I would choose Animal Kingdom if they are more into Disney shows then Hollywood Studios would be my pick

Now as far as character dining is concerned Crystal Palace breakfast is a must do for my family other than that you could do Chef Mickey's (breakfast or dinner)or the Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine (breakfast and lunch)

Where your boys are so young you may want to also look at adding the Park Hopper feature onto your tickets that way you could go to one park in the Am then go back to your room to let them nap in the afternoon and the hit another park in the Pm (this works best if you are staying on property)

kathiep
09-13-2009, 09:16 AM
We always have breakfast at the Crystal Palace. The food is terrific, the character interaction a lot of fun and it's simply a beautiful place. We also always make our reservation prior to park opening. The experience of walking down a nearly empty Main Street is truly magical.

We've also done breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We don't do this everytrip but definately enjoyed breakfast there.