PDA

View Full Version : POTC - Old version

TheVBs
09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
DH and I were talking about the new additions to the POTC ride and that last scene with Capt. Jack. What was there before that scene? Neither of us can remember! :blush:

SBETigg
09-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Going from memory, there were two (or three?) pirates frolicking in treasure.

TheVBs
09-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Thank you! That's what DH thought, but he wasn't sure, and my memory of it is completely gone.

SBETigg
09-12-2009, 03:55 PM
If I recall correctly, it was kind of weird because one of the pirates was lying down in the treasure kicking his legs up and the other one was seated on him. I think the Jack Sparrow version is an improvement on that, perhaps. Maybe the old one is recorded somewhere on Youtube?

CAS
09-12-2009, 06:38 PM
It was several pirates lounging in the treasure shooting their pistols randomly.

cather74
09-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes it did have pirates shooting their guns in a room full of treasure. In the background, were 2 british army guys bound, gagged, and tied to a chair. I'd rather look at Johnny Depp any day.:cool:

rachel_future_candy_maker
09-12-2009, 08:07 PM
i thought it was a man tied up in a chair sitting on a big pile of gold, while other pirates plundered in the gold

:joy::sail:

SBETigg
09-12-2009, 08:44 PM
It is on youtube. I enjoyed watching it again, though filmed in black and white with low lighting. The end did have the tied-up man (or men) in chairs and three pirates in the treasure (one seated on top of two others lying down in it) and then two other pirates a little closer to the exit. :thumbsup: Fun! I wish we could have both versions, but the new one will do, with the amazing Jack Sparrow.

TheVBs
09-13-2009, 09:14 AM
I'll have to pop over to youtube and check it out. Maybe that will jog my terrible memory! Love the Capt. Jack additions though. Wouldn't trade those for anything!