PDA

View Full Version : How early do you call MJ?

TheVBs
09-12-2009, 02:25 PM
We're tentatively planning a trip for Oct. 2010, and are considering using Magical Journeys after reading so many wonderful things about them. So how early do you contact them?

Scott C
09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
We're tentatively planning a trip for Oct. 2010, and are considering using Magical Journeys after reading so many wonderful things about them. So how early do you contact them?

Never too early -- but I don't know if there is much pricing info yet for that timeframe. I have contacted them 4- 5 mos out usually

Thanks
Scott C

TheVBs
09-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks Scott!

faline
09-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Generally, you can book a room only into the following year. I was away recently and don't know if they have announced 2010 pricing yet though typically it is available by this point in the year.

Go ahead and contact Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). They can guide you!

KronkHere
09-12-2009, 04:24 PM
I have used MJ twice. Karen is great. I usually wait until the rates for that year are out. We are going in 11/2010 and I will probably contact her initially in Feb/Mar.

:mickey:

gueli
09-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I would book once your plans are set. For me that meant after checking and booking airline prices.
The nice thing with MJ, if you get a pin code, or some discount becomes available MJ will take care of rebooking your plans with the lower cost/promotion.
Remember ADR's are going back to 180 days out...

So if I were planning an oct. trip, and I knew it now, I would wait until 7-8 months out ( feb/march) and I could book the airline stuff. by the way, I don't use southwest (which I understand has more flexable reschedules if you need to change your flight days/time), instead I book on Jetblue (which has seat assignments).

Hope this helps
:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-12-2009, 04:36 PM
I book with MJ as soon as prices are out for the next year (usually, right about now!) Once you've booked, you can make changes if needed (we added a night last year) and they will apply the codes if any discounts come out.

Enjoy planning your vacation :thumbsup:

mickeefan
09-12-2009, 04:43 PM
We usually contact Wendy as soon as we decide where we want to stay. For us that's usually 8 to 10 months out. She sets us up with whatever discounts may be available to us , and from there on she looks out for us letting us know what comes us and our options.
It's great that we do not have to constantly keep checking for any offers that are released.

stitchaholic
09-12-2009, 05:51 PM
we are planning for dec 2010,and i contacted MJ (debbie)this week.

TheVBs
09-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Thank you for all the helpful info! We don't have set dates yet, but I'm thinking somewhere within the first couple weeks of Oct., for our usual 9-10 night stay. We drive down, so I don't have to worry about checking airline rates, but I appreciate that info too. You never know! We know that we definitely want to do the Halloween party. We'll likely book our usual ASMu, but would be willing to upgrade to a moderate if there's a good special, hoping for (but not counting on) a pin and/or free dining. So I guess we'd better start seriously considering some dates. :mickey:

BMan62
09-13-2009, 11:42 AM
I believe the max for pre-booking room only - is 500 days. If you have all your dates set up and are within the 500 day period, give Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com) a call.

It never hurts to get in early! :thumbsup:

TheVBs
09-13-2009, 09:44 PM
So true! Thank you BMan. :mickey:

Disney fans..
09-14-2009, 08:50 PM
My family is going in late Nov. 2010 and we booked with MJ about two months ago.. :cloud9: needless to say, we were very ready!