PDA

View Full Version : Any Restaurant Recommendations in Outer Banks?

mjaclyn
09-12-2009, 10:51 AM
We're staying in Duck, NC and would like some recommendations for dinner on our last night. We'd like to go somewhere with yummy seafood that's fresh. I've seen signs all over for Dick's Crab Shack - is that good? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

NJGIRL
09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
I have never been to the Outer Banks so I can't help you out with that but I did go on Frommers and the only restaurant they have a recommendation on in Duck is called "The Lifesaving Station". Hope this helps alittle.

kathiep
09-14-2009, 03:05 PM
My parents live in Southern Shores so I can provide a few for you. Some are well know, some simply local favorites. Depends on what you are looking for. We've always found Dirty Dicks to be more of a chain type restaurant. We don't really think it's excellent local seafood and it's not a relaxing, really nice type of meal.

The Black Pelican is fantastic. This is the closest of my selections to Duck.

The Lone Cedar also has terrific seafood and has great water views. But this is at the other end of the bypass. Probably take you about 30-45 minutes to get here.

Owens & Penguin Isle hav really good local seafood but again, they are at the end of the bypass so it is a bit of a drive.

We've always had excellent meals at Kelly's.

I would also recommend Hurricane Mo's. This is closer to Duck and frequented by locals.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip. Let me know if you want any more info.