PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo for kids?

hope23
09-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Do kids enjoy dinner at Teppan Edo? We have DS 4 and 5 who are somewhat picky eaters... they like chicken in general...

doombuggygal
09-12-2009, 09:58 AM
I have a DD9 who remains a very picky eater and Teppan Edo is one of her favorites. She does not eat the veggies but does like the chicken and Udon noodles from the grill. Also we have never ordered one but have seen kids meals that come from the kitchen. I think they may have been chicken tenders or shrimp tempura with rice and a fruit cup I think.

Disney4us2
09-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Did you look at their menu? They have a lot to choose from.

My DD (then 7...now 9) loved Teppan Edo. She is not a picky eater and had the teriyaki chicken. She loved watching the show that the chef does, especially making a Mickey volcano out of an onion (she did not eat the onion, that is one think she doesn't like):)

This is a must do on our next visit:mickey:

deedeebee
09-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Two of my three kids love it, I have one VERY picky eater, even the smell of some things makes her:sick: DS14 has been eating there for years, he was somewhat picky, not now. My youngest DD, now 11, eats anything and tries everything:thumbsup: We split up for this dinner, I take picky DD, 12, and we find some "regular" food. My other kids have not had a problem eating there and DH HAS to go each time!

buzznwoodysmom
09-12-2009, 12:35 PM
The one time we ate here we had a big party, 9 I think, and everyone loved it. We had 4 kids altogether, ages 6, 5, 4, and 3 and they all loved it, even the picky eaters. My kids had never eaten at any hibatchi type place before so they loved watching the chef cook right in front of them. Since then we've eaten at several places like it at home and it always reminds us of Disney. We've even made it a tradition for our family that anytime we go see a new Disney movie we go eat out at a hibatchi place after. My kids always tell the chef that they ate at a place like it in WDW and we've struck up great conversations with "table mates" who also visit WDW. I think your kids are going to love it.

dream_disney
09-12-2009, 02:50 PM
I think that Teppan Edo is a great choice for kids. The staff is very friendly and the kids always enjoy watching their food be cooked right under their eyes. The chefs will also preform tricks while cooking your food! On the actual food side, it's great too! I am a very picky eater and I can always find something to eat here! It's an awesome choice.... I hope you can get ADR's!:mickey: