PDA

View Full Version : On Line Check In & Room Request

Tippy
09-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I have seen a few posts in the past about online check in and not being able to place room request in for a building or room. We just did the online request yesterday. It was very simple & easy to use. It still does not let you request a room or building. What I did right afterwards was call the resort up directly and placed in our building request. They were very helpful and adjusted our reservation. We are celebrating both of our DD's b-days while we are there and after doing the online reservation only one child was listed for a birthday celebration. This was also adjust during my call to the resort. **8 more days***:party:

TammiMcMan
09-12-2009, 11:21 AM
From everything I've read, people are finding the online check-in a very good process. There has been no change in the room request policy. If you make your requests closer to that 3-4 days prior to your arrival, the chances increase that no one will see them. It's always best to have them noted when you make your reservation and then you can call closer to your arrival to verify the information is accurate.

It's kind of a numbers game calling the resorts directly. If you're even lucky enough to talk to someone "on site", they aren't going to have your reservation in their system until 3 to 4 days prior to your arrival. Chances are greater that you'll get through to the call answering service and they simply pull up your reservation and verify the information that's on it. From your end of the phone, you have no idea if you are talking to someone at the resort or someone in call answering that's located in Utah. It's pretty transparent, as they answer the call based on the number you dialed.

TheRustyScupper
09-12-2009, 02:59 PM
What I did right afterwards was call the resort up directly and placed in our building request.party:

1) I cannot doubt your statement.
2) But, it is unlikely you actually talked to the resort.
3) Even less likely you talked to a room assigner, as they can't be bothered.
4) When you dial the resort, you get the Call Center.
5) Even if you dial from inside the hotel.
6) It is best to make sure your request is on the ressie.
7) It has the best odds of getting your request.

Figaro0826
09-12-2009, 09:09 PM
I am only 6 days away from checking into the Wilderness Lodge.
Still havent been able to check in on-line.

Does that resort not offer it ?

Or is there a system error.

TammiMcMan
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Could be a system error. Did you book the trip yourself or did you go through a TA? If you went through a TA, there is another link that you have to use. They may have your phone number wrong in the system too, I've heard of that being an issue.

BMan62
09-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I am only 6 days away from checking into the Wilderness Lodge.
Still havent been able to check in on-line.

Does that resort not offer it ?

Or is there a system error.

Are you entering your reservation confirmation correctly? All CAPITAL letters, '0' (zero) or 'O' (oh)? Or as Tammi said, are you using the TA version of the service or the WDW Online version?

LudwigVonDrake
09-13-2009, 04:36 PM
My suggestion would be to make the request when you book :mickey: