PDA

View Full Version : Dining reservations on Sunday

ransam
09-12-2009, 04:17 AM
this sunday we are making our reservations..
a few questions.
what time is the earliest we can call?
what is the website where you can do the reservations on line? i can't find it?
we want to have a breakfast in Norway, is that as difficult as the Royal Castle breakfast?
we have one dinner and trying to decide between Mama Melrose or brown derby. what is your oppinion?

thank you all for your info...

wdwnutz
09-12-2009, 06:40 AM
I just finished our dining reservations online, got everything we wanted! I went on at about 5:55 am EST and had no problems. Here's the link, good luck!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/

redleg96
09-12-2009, 07:58 AM
You can call at 7am Eastern Time. Aukerhouse (sorry about the spelling) is not nearly as hard to get as CRT. I haven't been to either brown derby or mama melrose but I'm going to go out on a limb besed off of what I've read and suggest the brown derby. It is one of their signature and we've been to a few of the others and had great experiences. Of course it will be a little more expensive if paying out of pocket or set you back 2 TS credits if you're on the dining plan but hey, it's vacation. Plus you can always book a fantasmic dining package at the brown derby, I read someplace that those that purchase that package will get preferred seating starting within the next two weeks or so
Have fun and best of luck with your ADRs

faline
09-12-2009, 08:09 AM
We dined at Akershus a couple of weeks ago for breakfast. We didn't have any problems getting our reservation and were there during free dining.

Between Mama Melrose's and Brown Derby, I'd select Brown Derby. We had lunch at each on our last trip. Though both are good, Brown Derby, in my opinion, is the better of the two!

wdwnutz
09-12-2009, 09:47 AM
As I replied above I got everything I wanted online, but called at 7:01AM EST (waited about 6 minutes on hold) to reserve Mama Melrose with the reserved seats for Fantastmic for Sat 12/12 and was told there are no packages left in any restaurant that day! So I got 50's Cafe and we'll take are chances in finding seats at the show. If not we seen the show a bunch of times so I guess we'll head over to Toy Story Mania and try our chances there! Does any one know if they open up more of these packages or when they are gone, they are gone?

SBETigg
09-12-2009, 03:23 PM
A Does any one know if they open up more of these packages or when they are gone, they are gone?

They often do open up more of the dining packages, so it won't hurt to call back and try again every now and then.

I like Brown Derby, but of the Signature Dining experiences, it doesn't quite rate up with the best of them for me. If you're on the dining plan and being cautious with your credits, I would rather spend one credit on Mama Melrose than two on Brown Derby-- or do Brown Derby out of pocket and save those credits for a better Signature Dining experience, like Flying Fish, California Grill, Jiko, Narcoossee's... I do think Brown Derby is the better choice overall.

wdwnutz
09-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks! We are on the dining plan and are trying not to pay too much out of pocket, so I think I'll try calling back. We've been to 50's a few times and wanted to try something different so we decided on Mama Melrose for the dinner package. We've also tried Hollywood and Vine but that was "just ok".