PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Alaska! YaHOO....

Imalismom
09-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Don't know when - but I get to book when the gold level books, so I'll know soon.....

anyone else going to Alaska?

badkitty
09-12-2009, 01:31 AM
How exciting! It is absolutely beautiful there. Have fun!

Tink1
09-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I have been to Alaska twice so far and LOVED it. Have not decided if I will do that again on DCL or not.

I have not yet done Mexican Riviera so I may decide on that one for a change.

Nanc

Simba's Mom
09-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Don't know when - but I get to book when the gold level books, so I'll know soon.....

anyone else going to Alaska?

I'm so envious! DH won't go on a cruise, says he gets terribly seasick, and I'm not into paying the prices to go solo. I'd LOVE to go on an Alaskan cruise. To add to my desire to go, DS is currently a musician on Princess on their, you guessed it, Alaskan cruises. He keeps calling me telling me how beautiful the scenery is from the ship. I can't believe he's not doing any shore excursions, even though he could do them for free. Maybe someday.....

Imalismom
09-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm so envious! DH won't go on a cruise, says he gets terribly seasick, and I'm not into paying the prices to go solo. I'd LOVE to go on an Alaskan cruise. To add to my desire to go, DS is currently a musician on Princess on their, you guessed it, Alaskan cruises. He keeps calling me telling me how beautiful the scenery is from the ship. I can't believe he's not doing any shore excursions, even though he could do them for free. Maybe someday.....

My DH will not cruise either so we make it mother/daughter trips and he gets to pretend like he is a {somewhat} bachelor for the days we are cruising LOL!

ElenitaB
09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm planning on it as well (as we've only cruised with DCL twice, we don't get to take advantage of the earlier booking). I've always wanted to visit Alaska and who better to do it with than DCL. We're hoping to cruise early August 2011!
:sail:

hoop de do
09-13-2009, 09:30 AM
We are going to plan on an early August 2011 Alaskan cruise also. Can't wait for the details. Maybe we can plan a meet on the ship - WOW.
Talk to ya' later. :cloud9::boat:

TammiMcMan
09-13-2009, 10:41 AM
This sounds amazing. My oldest daughter is getting marred in July 2011, so I can only hope that this is something they bring back in 2012.

Imalismom
09-13-2009, 04:36 PM
This sounds amazing. My oldest daughter is getting marred in July 2011, so I can only hope that this is something they bring back in 2012.

Rumor I am hearing is that 2012 will probably be Hawaii...

Patricia
09-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Ok alismom.. if you can stuff me in your suitcase, I'll try cruising. :)

DVC2004
09-13-2009, 05:10 PM
I was so excited to see this- we haven't been to Alaska but have been discussing an Alaskan cruise so this is perfect timing! I'll be booking on September 28th!

Imalismom
09-13-2009, 09:39 PM
We are going to plan on an early August 2011 Alaskan cruise also. Can't wait for the details. Maybe we can plan a meet on the ship - WOW.
Talk to ya' later. :cloud9::boat:

My first choice is the first week of August - I'd like a Cat 2 (we have two families cruising together, so we are hoping a cat 2 for the both families together- will be cheaper then 2 cat 6's), or with the new staterrom categories, what was a cat 2, but depending on the pricing, we may end up in a different category....

but hopefully we will be on the first cruise in August....

Imalismom
09-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Ok alismom.. if you can stuff me in your suitcase, I'll try cruising. :)

Please know that if I could, I so would......

Imalismom
09-15-2009, 07:11 PM
A tidbit of information I found out today...

The deposits for Alaska and 10 day and longer are $600 per person (non-suites) and $800 per person for suites. 6, 7 and 8 nights is $250 per person for non-suites and $500 for suites. Under 6 nights is $200 per person for non-suites and $400 per person for suites.

Okay, so now I know how Disney is going to make their first payment on the new ship LOL!

ElenitaB
09-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Yikes! You have me hyperventilating with that tidbit. Gotta love tying up $$ that you won't be "using" for another year and a half.

BTW, we'll be trying for the first week of August as well (it's my birthday).

Have you heard any rumors re: estimated costs for the Alaska cruises?

Tink1
09-16-2009, 12:12 AM
The non-refundable depost for suites will be $800 per person!

Lead in prices that I have heard for a cat 11 are $1000 per person (first and second)

Nanc

Imalismom
09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
I called Disney the other night - I was on hold for 25 minutes, and when I talked to the guy who answered, I told him I knew that the price of the Alaska Disney Cruise would be dependent on the position of the Sun at the time, what color the clouds were at the moment of the phone call, and how much air I had consumed in the last five minutes (at that point I had the dear cast member in stitches), but that I was trying to figurge out about how much a Cat 2 would be for 5 people.

Drat, right now I'm not even sure how I can get a cat 2, since usually you send Inventory Control a postcard request, and I can't do that in this short of a time limit.

But... back to my laughing cast member, I think he took pity on me and he looked up the cost of a cat 2 for 5 in Dec of 2010 for a seven day cruise.

Two different weeks, one week (for 5 people) was a tad bit over 13K, and the other week he checked was a tad bit over 20K.

So, I'm hoping (1) I can get a Cat 2,and I'm hoping that (2) the cost is more towards the 13K as I cannot swing the higher end of the spectrum. If not, I'm going to(3) book 2 cat 6's.

That was all I could find out. I was hoping he was trying to tell me in a covert way that the cost was going to be more like a Dec cost.

I have also heard that tier 1 pricing may or may not stay for 9/28. Depending on how many rooms were booked during the week of 9/21. Also, a gold (+) person can book up to 3 rooms.

I also know that when the EB and WB repositing cruise went on sale, it was mayhem! TA's and non TA's alike where on hold forever (sometimes more than 2 hours). That DCL's system kept crashing, and the price went up almost hour by hour for the first day.

I also know that I cannot do the calling, as I am teaching school at that time, so I'm dependent on another person to call for me. I HATE being dependent on another person. But.. what can a person do?

As I find out more, I'll continue to post here....

ElenitaB
09-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I also know that when the EB and WB repositing cruise went on sale, it was mayhem! TA's and non TA's alike where on hold forever (sometimes more than 2 hours). That DCL's system kept crashing, and the price went up almost hour by hour for the first day.
Make that 4 or 5 hours. It was MADNESS! And the sad thing was that I was able to get online to book a reservation for the EB and didn't take it because a TA (not with Magical Journeys... silly me;' learned my lesson that time) was supposed to be handling it for me. By the time this TA finally got through to make my reservation, it was close to 2:00 and the price had gone up a few thousand dollars.

This time around I'm going with Melissa from MJ. MJ has never done me wrong! :thumbsup:

Imalismom
09-16-2009, 08:42 PM
This time around I'm going with Melissa from MJ. MJ has never done me wrong! :thumbsup:

MJ is wonderful.... I would recommend them to anyone that needs a TA.... My TA from MJ has retired, but when she worked for MJ, I had the best service! I know MJ only hires the very best!! This would be the best time to give them a try.

TheTexasKid
10-08-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm going to try to book a cruise to Alaska, but it'll have to wait until the end of the month, after I have paid off last month's credit card bill.

I want to go for a couple of reasons. Always looking for some place new to go on Disney Cruise Lines, and of the 50 states, Alaska is the only one I haven't visited.

Also looking to do one of the L.A to B.C. or B.C. to L.A. repo cruises, so I can do a back-to-back cruise.

If not the repo cruise, then looking to do the tour of Alaska offered by Adventures by Disney, if it is still offered in 2011.