DH,DW, DD 12, DD 9, DS 5
Or family of 6
DH, DW, DD 15, DS 12, DS 9, DD 7

starting to plan. :clappy::clappy:
thanks,
BB

Sneaky Pete
09-12-2009, 01:22 AM
recommend that unless you get a great PIN deal like we did or $$ is not an issue.

I've found that the FW Cabins are the best option for us. Plenty of room and you can cook meals as well plus good location.

Some of the moderates have suites as well as ASMO i believe.

The Villas are another option but also pricey.

Tigerinvestigator
09-12-2009, 04:03 AM
I believe the FW cabins are about the only option for family of 6 other than getting into the suites, 2 bedroom villas, grand villas etc.

As for family of 5, which I have, our best option by far is the Dolphin. We are paying $129/night in December for our family of 5 and getting one night free on starwood points. If you have someone in your family who is a nurse, gov't employee, teacher, or military you can get great rates at the Dolphin!:thumbsup:

sisterslovindisney
09-12-2009, 07:50 AM
You could look at getting two rooms at Pop. That way you would have 4 double beds and two bathrooms. I had that option priced out for 5 people and it was only a few dollars difference than staying 5 at POR. For six you would just add on one more park ticket.
By the way, Kathy at Magical Journeys was great in spending time with me considering all of our options!

TammiMcMan
09-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Family of 5 options:

BC (2 queen beds + daybed)
BWI (2 queen beds + daybed)
CR (2 queen beds + daybed)
Dolphin (2 queen beds + rollaway)
GF (2 queen beds + daybed)
Poly (2 queen beds + daybed)
YC (2 queen beds + daybed)
FW Cabins (full bed, bunk beds, full murphy bed)
POR with a trundle bed (2 full beds + trundle)
All Star Family suite (king bed, sleep sofa, sleep chair & sleep ottoman)
2 rooms at any value or moderate (cannot guarantee connecting rooms)
some 1 bedroom villas at AKV
2 bedroom villa

Family of 6 options:
FW Cabin (see above)
WL Junior suite (2 queen beds + queen sleep sofa)
All Star Family suite (see above)
2 rooms at any value, moderate or deluxe (cannot guarantee connecting rooms)
2 bedroom villa

dmallan
09-12-2009, 11:52 AM
We have a family of 5 - DH, myself and three adult children. We booked 2 connecting rooms at the All Star Music and it worked perfectly for us. We had the 4 double beds, and two bathrooms which was a BIG plus! We split it up so that our girls were in one room and DH and I shared the other with our DS. The two separate rooms made it nice for the girls since they like their privacy.
We could have gotten one of the family suites, but we got a 20% discount through AAA that was not available on the suites.