PDA

View Full Version : Insights on Dec. 17-23?

Lightning McQueen
09-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Will be in WDW from Dec. 17-23. Split stay between Port Orleans Riverside and Polynesian. Can anyone please tell me what i can expect as far as weather, crowds, etc?

Thanks in advance!!!:mickey:

faline
09-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Weather at this time of year is quite variable. It may be very pleasant with days in the 70's and cooler evenings or it may be quite cold with daytime temperatures in the 50's or 60's and down into the 30's as night or anything in between. Most of the time, we've experienced very pleasant weather, have even been able to use the pools, and on one trip, wore shorts even late into the night. Our last December trip, however, was right in the midst of a cold front. When we went to Mickey's party, we wore winter coats and we were still cold (and keep in mind, we live in New England and are no strangers to cold winter weather!)

At the time you are going, you can expect moderate to heavy crowds when you arrive with crowds increasing throughout your trip. By time you leave, you will find it to be quite crowded as Christmastime is one of the busiest times at Disney World.

Tigerinvestigator
09-12-2009, 04:12 AM
We are going the same week you are but leaving on the 22nd. Two years ago it got really crowded on the 22nd and worse on the 23rd, but up until the 22nd it was very nice with short waits for everything. The weather was perfect, we wore shorts and t-shirts during the day and jeans and long sleeves at night.:thumbsup:

tink'72
09-12-2009, 08:55 AM
We are going 12/20 - 12/27 and I'm nervous about the crowds. It sounds like we should be okay for about 3 days! Which is better than I thought. I think towards the end of the week we'll go hotel hooping to view all the of decorations. :mickey: