PDA

View Full Version : Adding dining plan

mickeys_princess
09-11-2009, 02:23 PM
If you did not purchase the dining plan, can you add it when you check in?

Figment!
09-11-2009, 02:45 PM
From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)
Q: I already bought a Magic My Way package can I add the Disney Dining Plan?

A: Yes. Guests can add-on the Disney Dining Plan after the purchase of the Magic My Way package. Guests must add on the package no later than 10 days prior till their check-in to avoid complications.

Due to limited availability of the Plan, it is possible for the plan to be sold out during certain time periods so Guests are urged to add-on the plan as soon as possible.
(http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)

gerald72
09-11-2009, 11:46 PM
I was told you had to purchase it at least days before check in

lighteningqueen
09-12-2009, 10:36 AM
5 days before and paid in full that day.It is the latest you can add it. I did this year before last. Or if it is during free dining up until sept 26. They can add that on to your plan but you have to have a one day pass for the parks at the time.Then when you get there they adjust the price of your tickets, to reflect what they would be for whatever days you choose.

CleveRocks
09-12-2009, 09:21 PM
but you have to have a one day pass for the parks at the time.Then when you get there they adjust the price of your tickets, to reflect what they would be for whatever days you choose.Maybe it's just the way you worded it, but that's not exactly how it works. There are some very important details involved, details that might make a huge difference for someone else.

It's not that you have to have a one day pass for the parks. In order to book the Disney Dining Plan, you need to book a "package" with Disney. You can't just have tickets in your pocket and tell them you have 'em. And it's also no good if you have leftover non-expired tickets from a previous trip.

As part of the package, it's not that you need a "one day pass" ... you need a ticket for AT LEAST one day. There may be someone who wants to pay for it all at one time rather than pay for the bulk of the ticket needs on the day of check-in, so I wouldn't want people to think that they HAVE TO get specifically a 1-day pass with the package and then add/pay for extra days at a later time.

The other thing is that if you'd previously booked a room-only reservation, changing it to a package involves a few vital details. They can't simply convert a room-only to a package. You have to actually make a brand new package reservation and then cancel the room-only reservation. They can't apply the deposit from your room-only onto your package ... they have to refund your deposit (in a week or so, you'd receive a check or a credit to your credit card, depending how you originally paid). You'd have to make a new $200 deposit on the package reservation.

BUT, if you make this change within 45 days of your vacation, 100% of the cost of the package is due IMMEDIATELY. This is because when you make a package reservation, the balance is due at the 45 days mark. if you are inside the 45 day mark, then anyone making a new package reservation must pay in-full immediately or they won't get the reservation.

I know this may all sound like just so much nonsense, but trust me, if you are in any of the above situations you WILL encounter the details I described above, and I'd like to think this has helped prepare you, so you won't be shocked to find out, for example, that you'd have to pay 100% in full IMMEDIATELY, under the right/wrong circumstances.

mickeys_princess
09-13-2009, 11:48 AM
thanks!!