PDA

View Full Version : We shall never forget.....9/11/01

VWL Mom
09-11-2009, 07:44 AM
My heart and prayers are with those fellow intercotees that lost a loved one on that terrible day and to all our military families that strive to keep our country safe everyday.

T-Belle
09-11-2009, 08:17 AM
My heart and prayers are with those fellow intercotees that lost a loved one on that terrible day and to all our military families that strive to keep our country safe everyday.

Amen!:grouphug:

Bethis26fan
09-11-2009, 08:24 AM

I agree.

Thank you to our Military and their families

grumpyguy
09-11-2009, 08:35 AM
ditto...please never forget.i try not to let it bother me.i'll never forget how i felt that day.

Gooftroop5
09-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Prayers to the for the USA, the World & hope the hatred for others disappears.

No one shall ever forget this day & prayers to all that have felt a loss from today's tragic incident 8 years ago.

My dd remembers seeing the planes crash into the buildings on TV & she was 2 1/2 at the time.

cer
09-11-2009, 09:29 AM
I won't forget.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
I will never forget the empty feeling inside.

Tinksalot
09-11-2009, 09:34 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with the surviving family members. I will never forget that horrible day.

ibrowse17
09-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Agreed.
:mickey:

John
09-11-2009, 12:36 PM
THE PRESIDENT:

Good evening. Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in airplanes, or in their offices; secretaries, businessmen and women, military and federal workers; moms and dads, friends and neighbors. Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.

The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge structures collapsing, have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness, and a quiet, unyielding anger. These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed; our country is strong.

A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shattered steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.

America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining.

Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature. And we responded with the best of America -- with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could.

Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response plans. Our military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency teams are working in New York City and Washington, D.C. to help with local rescue efforts.

Our first priority is to get help to those who have been injured, and to take every precaution to protect our citizens at home and around the world from further attacks.

The functions of our government continue without interruption. Federal agencies in Washington which had to be evacuated today are reopening for essential personnel tonight, and will be open for business tomorrow. Our financial institutions remain strong, and the American economy will be open for business, as well.

The search is underway for those who are behind these evil acts. I've directed the full resources of our intelligence and law enforcement communities to find those responsible and to bring them to justice. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.

I appreciate so very much the members of Congress who have joined me in strongly condemning these attacks. And on behalf of the American people, I thank the many world leaders who have called to offer their condolences and assistance.

America and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace and security in the world, and we stand together to win the war against terrorism. Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me."

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day. Yet, we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

Thank you. Good night, and God bless America.

Remember how you felt when it happened, and how you felt on 9/12 - Proud to be an American and mornful of those we lost.

Never Forget...

minnie04
09-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I will never forget that day. I was at the All Star Sports Pool at the time the first plane hit. My cousin and I were laying out when her husband came to tell us a plane hit the tower. We didnt think anything of it at the time. Just that it was sad. Then he came back to say another one hit and that was when we got up to go see what happend. There was a couple there asking about the whole thing since they were from New York and had family members that worked in the towers. We went up stairs to see the TV and all could think about were the families and the poor people in the buildings. it was the sadest day at the happiest place in the world. We checked out that day and headed home to Miami, the whole way listening to the radio on what the heck had happend trying to explain it to the kids. you could feel it in the air every car that passed you just looked at each other and knew what thye were thinking as well.. My husband being a Firefighter started explaining what they would be doing, how the guys would have to take all those stairs to the high floors to help poeple get out saftely, what a day !! :(
I work with Firefighters and Police officers everyday and I cant imagine losing any of these men/women.. my prayers are with all the families today and everyday...needless to say my kids had a lot of questions on what daddy does at work and how safe was he going to be from then on.. again my prayer are with all those families ..God Bless !!

Melanie
09-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Remember how you felt when it happened, and how you felt on 9/12 - Proud to be an American and mornful of those we lost.

Yes, yes, yes!!! :flag:

Frog
09-11-2009, 03:09 PM
I have been teaching my hs kids all day about the events of this day eight years ago...
They were in third grade then, hard to believe it was already that long ago...
I don't want students to forget what happened either...
Our brave heritage as a nation really shows up well in that whole days events. We, as a country, shine in times of trial.

BMan62
09-11-2009, 03:21 PM
I was here at work and someone commented about the first plane. I went out on the Internet and found the story. Shortly after I found a live feed, the second plane hit. Everyone gathered around the computers that had the feed showing, and in shock and dismay, watched as the events unfolded.

We all thought that type of thing only happened elsewhere...

MNNHFLTX
09-11-2009, 03:34 PM
I will never, ever forget :flag:

tinksmom02
09-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Even though eight years have passed, the events of that day and the feelings evoked are still fresh, and I think will always be fresh, no matter how much time passes.

stitchaholic
09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Prayers to the for the USA, the World & hope the hatred for others disappears.

No one shall ever forget this day & prayers to all that have felt a loss from today's tragic incident 8 years ago.

amen

PirateLover
09-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I have been teaching my hs kids all day about the events of this day eight years ago...
They were in third grade then, hard to believe it was already that long ago...
I don't want students to forget what happened either...
Our brave heritage as a nation really shows up well in that whole days events. We, as a country, shine in times of trial.

Same... Only I teach kids who can remember hardly anything; they were only 4, 5, and 6 years old. It was this attack and my own experience as a junior in high school at the time that pushed me towards wanting to become a social studies teachers.I know it's a scary thing for kids to comprehend, but it's important to expose them to it. I teach in a religious school, so our class had a prayer service to remember all of the lives that were lost and the families that were affected. Some of them know very little-and many of them who do know, get most of their info from the "conspiracy theories" :( .

God Bless America. :flag: I miss the days of American Flags flying everywhere and the senators singing together instead of ripping each other apart on ideology. Sadly I think many people have forgotten... or at least numbed themselves to it. Me, I can't help but watch the History Channel each year and have a good cry.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-12-2009, 12:02 AM
I remember how eerie it was driving home from work that afternoon. Hardly anyone was on the roads. God Bless our Armed Forces and those that serve and protect us!

pianobabe
09-12-2009, 12:21 AM
I was looking at picture's on an email that were taken in New York and all I wanted to do was cry. I keep hearing the song Alan Jackson wrote called "Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning)". I think he hit the nail on the head when he wrote that song. Thank you to those who serve in our military forces. Those who risk their lives on a daily basis to help keep events like this from happening. My thoughts and prayers have been going out today to those who lost loved ones, friends in the tragic events of the day.

KylesMom
09-12-2009, 12:34 AM
DS woke up today (I took the day off to go to our town/county fair) and the first thing he said was, "Mom, it's 9-1-1 - we have to make sure we wear something to show how much we care". It was a special thing to participate in the 9-1-1 tribute today. God Bless all who were touched by this tragedy . . .

We go on . . .

brad192
09-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Kristy Jackson, an indy artist who REALLY deserves a shot at stardom, wrote a song - "Little Did She Kissd A Hero". She wrote it a couple of weeks after 9/11. She's got a website, and several links to 9/11 sites. Just Google Kristy Jackson.

Trust me, if you haven't heard this song, you'll need tissues - lots of them.

I pray each and evey year for all of the victims. 9/11 is a hard day for me.

gueli
09-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Having witnessed too much, having friends who responded (and now have health issues), having seen this enormous destruction- the thing I will never forget- the people all around who helped- how much humanity came out in NYC, That so many fellow new yorkers did everything they could to help- every ugly stereo type was blown apart by everyday new yorkers who gave a hand- fed the firefighters and police - people who gave their time to comfort those who lost soo much.
I can never forget the horrifying thunder of the buildings coming down. I will not forget the people who will not come home. Or the sound of all those chirping things that the firefighters wear. The great sadness. The cloud that covered so many of us. The smell of the fire. The tears that I cried.

To all the people who mourned with NY,To all the people who mourned with washington, and lets not forget all those who mourned with the people on flight 93 in PA. Thank you.
:cheers:
:thanks:

stitchaholic
09-14-2009, 12:44 PM
wanted to post an e-mail i received...

Read this excerpt from a Romanian Newspaper. The article was written by Mr. Cornel Nistorescu and published under the title 'C'ntarea Americii, meaning 'Ode To America ') in the Romanian newspaper Evenimentulzilei 'The Daily Event' or 'News of the Day'

Here is the translation............................

~An Ode to America ~

Why are Americans so united? They would not resemble one another even if you painted them all one color! They speak all the languages of the world and form an astonishing mixture of civilizations and religious beliefs.

On 9/ll, the American tragedy turned three hundred million people into a hand put on the heart. Nobody rushed to accuse the White House, the Army, or the Secret Service that they are only a bunch of losers. Nobody rushed to empty their bank accounts. Nobody rushed out onto the streets nearby to gape about.

Instead the Americans volunteered to donate blood and to give a helping hand.

After the first moments of panic , they raised their flag over the smoking ruins, putting on T-shirts, caps and ties in the colors of the national flag. They placed flags on buildings and cars as if in every place and on every car a government official or the president was passing. On every occasion, they started singing: 'God Bless America !'

I watched the live broadcast and rerun after rerun for hours listening to the story of the guy who went down one hundred floors with a woman in a wheelchair without knowing who she was, or of the Californian hockey player, who gave his life fighting with the terrorists and prevented the plane from hitting a target that could have killed other hundreds or thousands of people.

How on earth were they able to respond united as one human being? Imperceptibly, with every word and musical note, the memory of some turned into a modern myth of tragic heroes.. And with every phone call, millions and millions of dollars were put into collection aimed at rewarding not a man or a family, but a spirit, which no money can buy. What on earth can unites the Americans in such way? Their land? Their history? Their economic Power? Money? I tried for hours to find an answer, humming songs and murmuring phrases with the risk of sounding commonplace, I thought things over, I reached but only one conclusion... Only freedomcan work such miracles.

Cornel Nistorescu