PDA

View Full Version : 5 Dining reviews!

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Just got back from a trip with me, my sister and my sister inlaw. Normally me and my sister are more adventurous but my sister inlaw is a picky eater so we tried some new places.

1 Ohana's - ALWAYS a must do for every trip. Our server Tony was awesome! Always bringing drinks and food and was sooo entertaining and funny! Food as always was YUMMY! The bread pudding was the best ever!

2. Prime Time Cafe Lunch - I love this place. Lunch seems to be the time to go. Our server was great and really in character. I had the Fried Chicken which was heavenly! Instead of a desert I got a chocolate malt as my drink which was soooo good! My sister got the Pot Pie which was good and my sister in law got the Fish sandwich. It was yummy as well!!

3. 1900 park fare dinner - 1st time for this and last. Food was just ok. I could of eaten about the same thing at Golden Coral. (except for the mashed potatoes they were AWESOME) Service was good. Characters were Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, her step mother and step sisters. We were there over and hour but never got to meet cinderella. (Not that is was that big a deal but being there that long we would of at least liked a pic with her) Thank god we were on the dining plan because for 3 of us it was $103 Sooo not worth it.

4. Crystal Palace Breakfast- Always Yummy. Typical breakfast foods. Good service. Again we were there over and hour and only got pics with Piglet and Eyour. (Not to big a deal like a said but we are big kids and like our pics with the characters)

5. Garden Grill Dinner- 1st time for this and a yummy surprise!! When I initially looked at the menu I was not sure if it was going to be good but it was!!! Rolls and flavored butter were good. Salad was yummy and the main dish was fantastic!! Crusted Mahi Mahi, Turkey over stuffing and Flank Steak with roasted potatoes!! I could not believe how good it was! Blueberry Crumble cobbler for dessert!! Mmm mmm! It was my birthday and I got a card and a cupcake with a candle and singing!!! Character interaction here was GREAT!!! Tons of pics the came around twice even!! Chip and Dale were halarious!! We will for sure do this one again!!

Well thats it!! I'll be back in December with more reviews from some other places!! Hope everyone else has had good experiences!!

tinksmom02
09-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the great reviews! We'll be at Ohana and CP NEXT WEEK!!! :cloud9:

I agree with you about 1900, we weren't really that impressed with the food at dinner. (Breakfast is another story, though, you should
try that sometime!) What did impress me about the dinner buffet was the small portions that were put out, so that you were pretty much guaranteed to get fresh, piping hot food.

Tigerinvestigator
09-10-2009, 10:58 PM
I am in total agreement with your reviews!!:thumbsup: If I were to review the same places, I would write the same reviews. I have said for years that Garden Grill has great food, great atmosphere, great service, and the best one on one character interaction at WDW! The new blueberry dessert also helps.

Ohana and Crystal Palace are always great as well and we usually eat at one of the two on every trip!

Thanks for the reviews, couldn't agree with you more.:number1:

stitchaholic
09-11-2009, 06:36 AM
thanks for the reviews! i also love GG,the food always seems so fresh,knowing that it is grown under where you are eating

gerald72
09-11-2009, 08:01 AM
We were at both Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare a month ago. We were there probably 45 minutes and all the characters came around to the table.
Funny, one of the character meals where we didn't get to meet all the characters was Garden Grill. Dale and Pluto never did come around. Although the server got their autograph for us. Still, no pic with them.
Also, at Ohana, we left before Mickey came around.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the reviews:)

JennyXoXo
09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Just got back from a trip with me, my sister and my sister inlaw. Normally me and my sister are more adventurous but my sister inlaw is a picky eater so we tried some new places.

1 Ohana's - ALWAYS a must do for every trip. Our server Tony was awesome! Always bringing drinks and food and was sooo entertaining and funny! Food as always was YUMMY! The bread pudding was the best ever!

2. Prime Time Cafe Lunch - I love this place. Lunch seems to be the time to go. Our server was great and really in character. I had the Fried Chicken which was heavenly! Instead of a desert I got a chocolate malt as my drink which was soooo good! My sister got the Pot Pie which was good and my sister in law got the Fish sandwich. It was yummy as well!!

3. 1900 park fare dinner - 1st time for this and last. Food was just ok. I could of eaten about the same thing at Golden Coral. (except for the mashed potatoes they were AWESOME) Service was good. Characters were Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, her step mother and step sisters. We were there over and hour but never got to meet cinderella. (Not that is was that big a deal but being there that long we would of at least liked a pic with her) Thank god we were on the dining plan because for 3 of us it was $103 Sooo not worth it.

4. Crystal Palace Breakfast- Always Yummy. Typical breakfast foods. Good service. Again we were there over and hour and only got pics with Piglet and Eyour. (Not to big a deal like a said but we are big kids and like our pics with the characters)

5. Garden Grill Dinner- 1st time for this and a yummy surprise!! When I initially looked at the menu I was not sure if it was going to be good but it was!!! Rolls and flavored butter were good. Salad was yummy and the main dish was fantastic!! Crusted Mahi Mahi, Turkey over stuffing and Flank Steak with roasted potatoes!! I could not believe how good it was! Blueberry Crumble cobbler for dessert!! Mmm mmm! It was my birthday and I got a card and a cupcake with a candle and singing!!! Character interaction here was GREAT!!! Tons of pics the came around twice even!! Chip and Dale were halarious!! We will for sure do this one again!!

Well thats it!! I'll be back in December with more reviews from some other places!! Hope everyone else has had good experiences!!

Great reviews!

Garden Grill was my favorite, the week that I went. I feel their menu is the best. They had caviar as a special the night we ate there. I had never eaten it before so I thought, why not? It was no doubt the best meal I had the entire week I was down there :) The next time I visit, I'm definitely going to have to try the others that you reviewed!

LiloLovesTheKing26
09-12-2009, 08:04 PM
caviar!! I am jealous! I forgot about some of the food actuaully being grown from The Land!! I wonder if thats why the salad was sooo fresh and yummy! Also the fish was divine too!!

wdw_bound
09-12-2009, 08:38 PM
We tried Garden Grill last trip and loved it!

Like you, I made the same Golden Corral remark about 1900 PF. We've been twice now and won't be going back.

Good to know about Ohana - it had always been a must do for us but we skipped it on the last trip based on the menu changes. We'll have to see about giving it another try.

Glad you had a great trip!

SBETigg
09-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Golden Corral, ouch! That's a scary comparison. We don't have any around here, but I've seen commercials and it does not look good. I'm generally not a fan of buffets, but I had higher hopes for 1900 Park Fare. I have heard good things about the character interaction and the breakfasts, so maybe there's hope. I haven't tried it. Thanks for the reviews!

SingingLights
09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Our worst and only bad experience was at the Garden Grill. We have been to other restaurants at WDW where the food was just OK but the our overall experience at the Garden Grill was HORRIBLE!

We chose to eat later in the evening than we normally do, so we might do some things at EPCOT we missed during the dinner hour. We were seated quickly and then we waited, and waited, and waited some more for our waitress to come to our table. It is very obvisous that we were keeping her there and she wan't happy about it. Food was slow to come out, drinks were empty most of the time and could not find our waitress and we never received our dessert that evening.

Our DD daughter was seven that year, one of the main reasons we selected this dining experience was because of the characters. We only got to see Mickey, Minnie and either Chip or Dale. None of them spent very much time at our table and either Chip or Dale spent about 10 or 15 seconds and hurried to a table of college age people seated about 2 tables down where he spent 15 or 20 minutes performing lude acts and other stupid tricks. Our daughter kept turning around and asked twice why he spending so much time there and so little time with us. You know it is bad if a seven year old noticed it.

I was so mad that night I simply wanted to leave. A couple of days later we were back in the park and I went to public relations and talk to one of the CM about our experience. She was polite, told us how sorry she was for our experience, and told us she would pass our name and telephone number on to the manager of the restaurant. We NEVER received a call from anyone.:( We have chosen to never return the Garden Grill and now we just tell our story to warn people.

The experience has not tarnished our love for or excitement about WDW but it was the low point of our trip that year.

OogieBoogieMan
09-12-2009, 11:55 PM
I have to add my two cents about Garden Grill after seeing the previous post. We had a similar experience with a dinner reservation, just a total disaster from the time we checked in until we ultimately left without eating. After waiting for 40 minutes to be seated, despite checking our status numerous times, I was told we were already seated (how that happens when you are speaking to the person seating people is beyond me, why even say such a thing when I am standing in front of you?). So they now go looking for a table for 5 and decide a table for four will do, which was totally unacceptable. We left and I doubt we will ever go back.