View Full Version : One Day Birthday trip

starflyer59
09-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Cast
Me - Dad
Mom
Caleb 4 The Birthday Boy

Date: 09/09/09

Our son Caleb turned 4 this week and he wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom and meet Cindarella and Mickey Mouse.

We had two days left on our Salute to the Military cards and he got in free with the celebrate your birthday ticket. So the only money we had to spend was a lunch and parking.

We only live 2.5 hours away so we got up when the chickens were still asleep and hit the road arriving at Magic Kingdom around 8:35am. The parking lot was not very full so that was a good sign.

We stopped by will call and got Calebs ticket and his button.

A quick trip on the monarail put us right at the entrance to MK just as the train with Mickey and Minnie and the other characters were just pulling away from the station.

We have arrived back home! Main Street USA Disney's Magic Kingdom. We were here just a few weeks ago to celebrate our 21st wedding annaversary and really missed it. Everything is decorated for Fall and Halloween.

We usually head to the Jungle Cruise first but decided to mix things up and headed to tomorrow land.

The park was not crowded at all. We never waited more than 10 minutes for any ride and most rides were walk on all day. This is the way I like to do Disney.

Every where we went, cast members were wishing Caleb a happy birthday and several even stopped and sang happy birthday to him. They loaded him up with stickers and just made sure he had a awesome day.

Our first ride was Buzz Lightyear. It was a walk on and he loved this ride so much that we came back later and rode it again. I don't know what happened to my shooting skils because a few weeks ago I scored 228,000 but this time I could get no higher than 40,000.

TTA is still down and this is one of our favorite rides.

We then hit the speedway where he drove all by himself with dad working the gas of course.

We skipped COP because we had rode this a few weeks ago.

We headed over to fantasy land and rode the pooh ride and peter pan. This would be the only time all day that these two rides were walk on. Next was Small World and Snow White. He got off of Snow White and said "I don't think I liked that, the witch was not nice"

We walked right into Mickey's Philharmagic. We love this. Another of our favorites.

It was time for some lunch so we went and grabbed some burgers. I love the bacon double cheesburger minus the cheese.

Now it was time for the laugh floor. We almost made it on the screen. The guy in front of us got picked and you could see Caleb on the screen behind the guy.

We did stich and he did not like this one very much at all. He was brave and kind of had tears in his eyes when it was all over. As we were heading outside he said "Stich needs a timeout"

We headed over to Haunted Mansion and he liked this one. Next was Tom Sawyers Island. we have not done this in years and was a little dissapointed because half the island was closed off. Right where the hanging bridge is was all boarded up. He loved the tunnels, caves and the barrel bridge.

We skipped the country bear jamboree again.

We headed over to Jungle Cruise next and then Pirates. He loved the Pirates ride. He was singing along and was being really funny. Caleb said "He was brave and not scard at all" We got to meet Jack Sparrow this time with the pirate tutorial.

Time for dad to ride splash mountain so my wife and son head off to the Tiki Room and to get a dole whip.

Splash was a walk on and I beat them over to the dole whip before they got there.

We headed over to toon town to meet some of the characters. He wanted to see Cindarella really bad for some reason. Cindarella and Belle were awesome with him. They were so kind and loving and there was birthday wishes all around.

We then went to meet Mickey and Minnie. They were really great. Mickey even lead everyone in a Happy Birthday Song.

By this time we were wiped out and it was a couple of hours drive back home and work early the next morning so we just walked around, Caleb wanted to go inside the castle so we did that. We took some pictures in front of the castle with Walt and Mickey and did a little shopping.

We ended the day with a train ride around the park and took the boat back to the transportaion center.

Caleb did really good all day. No meltdowns. :mad: He only started to cry once after not getting to see Peter Pan and Wendy because they had to go on break.

It was a awesome one day trip and we had alot of fun. I love it when the parks are not crowded and you are able to just walk onto most rides.

faline
09-10-2009, 08:38 PM
What a wonderful birthday for Caleb!

I'm so jealous that you are able to get to Disney and back in one day - though clearly a very long day!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-10-2009, 09:49 PM
"Stich needs a timeout" - this is just too cute :stitch:

I'm glad you had a great trip, and like Faline, I'm jealous that you can visit Disney in a day.

vizsla
09-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Thanks for the report.

VWL Mom
09-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Sounds like a great day!

:birthday: Caleb.

T-Belle
09-11-2009, 08:25 AM
What a wonderful birthday! Thanks for sharing!

DizNee143
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
what a wonderful birthday day for your son..sounds like you all had a wonderful time!!:mickey:

ozmom
09-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Sounds like a great way to spend a birthday. Thanks for sharing.

I also like my cheeseburgers without cheese. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
What a lucky little boy:)

starflyer59
09-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks everyone.

We will be going back the first week of December for my daughters birthday.

It is really nice living so close.

KylesMom
09-11-2009, 11:14 PM
What a heartwarming day for your DS' 4th birthday - it's great that the weather cooperated and that crowds were low for you!

Looking forward to your DD's birthday report! :mickey:

Kathy Jetson
09-11-2009, 11:45 PM
What a great day I wish we lived close enough to get there in a few hours.

pdrlkr
09-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the Report! :tink:

disneykid@hrt
09-12-2009, 07:02 PM
We're thinking of flying down for a one day in the park "getaway" for my DD's Bday in January.

This proves it can be done. It will just leave me craving more.:thumbsup: