PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club- Cape May Breakfast

julyjewel
09-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I am looking for another meal and came across The Beach Club at Cape May for breakfast. I guess it is a character breakfast, it made mention of Goofy.

If you have eaten here, please share your experience. We are staying at POR and I'll also have to figure out how to get over there. We are going to do this on our resort hopping day to see the Christmas decorations. Any info would be appreciated.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-11-2009, 08:43 AM
We look to be in the same boat! We are doing Cape May for breakfast and will be staying at POR. Our ADR is for 7:30AM, and it looks like we will need to take a taxi at that time of day. Otherwise, you need to take a bus to one of the parks, then take a bus over to the Beach Club. Since the busses don't run early enough for us to do that, taxi it is. If your breafast is after 8:00 or so, you should be able to use the bus system. Since it's not too far from POR, I am hoping the taxi is $15 or less.

like2workout
09-11-2009, 09:13 AM
i've eaten breakfast there and i'm sure you'll love it! and yes, it is a character breakfast. my memory must be fading as it's only been 2 years, but i can't remember exactly which characters. i know goofy is there, and i'm pretty sure chip and dale, and then maybe minnie? i think that's right. they are in their beach outfits. it's a nice buffet. have fun!

Hayden's Dad
09-11-2009, 10:16 AM
We ate there earlier this year. It was a great buffett. The characters are Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto all in their beach attire. We had a great time and are planning on going back. Have Fun!! :mickey:

dreamscometrue
09-11-2009, 10:49 AM
This is our favorite breakfast buffet! Food is great quality for a buffet and the character interaction was awesome (we were there very early though, I think like 7:15). I remember Goofy visiting our table MANY times and his interaction with us was hysterical each time. Very nice atmosphere, too.

Mickey'sGirl
09-11-2009, 10:53 AM
We really enjoy the Cape May breakfast. It is lower key than the other more "frantic" locations (like Chef Mickey's). The food is fresh and plentiful for sure! :thumbsup:

Another nice option (since you said you are resort touring that day) is 1900 Park Fare. One of our favourite dining memories is when we had the last breakfast sitting there (about 11 am) , and the wonderful interactions our kids had with the characters. Then you could check out the Christmas decorations at the Grand Floridian when you are done! :thumbsup:

EmmMOM2
09-11-2009, 01:03 PM
We stayed at POFQ about 2 weeks ago and had breakfast at Cape May. Our ressie was for 7:50am and we had to take a cab to get there as we asked the bus drivers and they told us that was pretty much our only option that early.
I think it cost us about $15 for the cab.

The meal was great, nice and quiet and low key. Food was good and the kids loved the characters. It was nice to be able to walk to boardwalk afterwards as we've never stayed on it before. Then enter Epcot from the backway when it opened too.

It's Minnie, Goofy and Donald in their beach gear.