PDA

View Full Version : Roo Girl's First DVC Member Cruise pre-trip report

Roo Girl
09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi all! Time goes by...so slowly...(quoting Madonna here). I can't wait- we leave for WDW on a 7am flight out of Newark on Saturday, Sept 12 and the time cannot go fast enough. Our plan is to chill and maybe visit some thrill rides at (I won't even mention the name here) before checking into SSR for Saturday night.

We'll continue our tradition since our honeymoon at Poly in May 2007 with breakfast at Kona Cafe on 9/13 morning- DH and I split the Tonga Toast and the steak & eggs...we figure since we're only eating HALF the Tonga Toast it can't be that unhealthy. We plan to mosey around MK for a bit after that to aid in the digestion before we get in the rental car and head to Port Canaveral to get our (drum roll please) FIRST DVC MEMBER CRUISE!!!! I've cruised before on Carnival but this is DH's first cruise EVER. Should be interesting to say the least!!! I've only heard fab things about the DVC Member cruise so I KNOW it will be a memorable time. We planned a few excursions for the 2 days at Castaway Cay: bicycle rental, parasailing, Jet ski tour thingie and the glass bottom boat voyage. I am planning on eating a lot but I really hope we don't overdo it- there is nothing like being very warm on vacation in the heat and stuffed to the gills from eating WAY too much.

We return to port on Thursday morning and back go the iPhones! (Sidebar: because of the crazy int'l roaming charges we are shutting our beloved iPhones DOWN from the second we wave goodbye to our friends at Port Canaveral until we return to FL and I'm sure we are in the US of A.) Thursday is great because we're staying at AKV for the first time- Kidani!! I'm very excited to see the new resort, the new offerings, the new animals, everything. Boma is one of our favorites- do I dare say we might have a new favorite breakfast spot? 9/17 evening is reserved for Epcot and Illuminations for the first time in a long time.

Friday 9/18- breakfast at Boma (DH's favorite) and then it's a toss up: DHS or Epcot? The evening is reserved for MNSSHP (of course!) and we even splurged for the dessert party at 8:30pm with the special viewing section for Hallowishes. This is by FAR my favorite of the fireworks displays WDW puts on. It's unreal how they set the Halloween mood w/ their fireworks show. I'm very excited. Dessert + Fireworks = The best EVER!

Saturday, 9/19 up EARLY for DHS and a FP to TSM. That's the main objective of the day. 'Nuff said.

Ok, not 'nuff said. I didn't mention the food! For all you WDW Foodies, this day is the best food day ever. The ADRs just came together magically. Breakfast at Cape May Cafe (I think I love everything associated with BCV). Lunch at 50s Primetime and then dinner at the Brown Derby. So if I didn't eat a lot on the cruise, I certainly will on 9/19.

Sunday, 9/20 is the wrap up day to our wonderful trip, I just know its going to be wonderful. Breakfast at Crystal Palace (DH request) and lunch at Yak & Yeti (another tradition because we always leave AK to last and hit that at the end of the trip.)

I'm very excited and I might start counting the hours....I don't want it to go by TOO fast because then it's over...you know what I mean?

Mickeydream
09-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a great trip....enjoy both the cruise and the your stay in WDW. :mickey:

faline
09-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Cruising, good food, and fun times! Sounds like a perfect trip!

ElenitaB
09-10-2009, 08:09 PM
This sounds like it's going to be an AWESOME trip (and I'm more than a wee bit jealous). Can't wait to read your trip reports!

Roo Girl
09-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks everyone!! Counting down!!! I wish Interccot had an iPhone app- one that would enable us to log trip reports LIVE. Hmm maybe I should invent one? AS IF I would even know where to start...

DizNee143
09-11-2009, 11:52 AM
sounds like its going to be a wonderful trip!! hope you guys have a great time! :mickey:

wildernesslady
09-11-2009, 02:13 PM
You will love Disney Cruise Line. It is the best. Have a great time.

Disneymom4ever
09-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Wow, now there's a great trip! Both cruise, and Disney World! I can't wait to hear all about it. Have a great time! :mickey: