PDA

View Full Version : Friends, food, footwear & fun Day 5 Aug 26

offwego
09-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Cast..my family during the day
Mickey'sGirl and family for dinner
ElenitaB and family for dinner as well.
Cantgetenuf and Family for after dinner.

Plan waterpark day Typhoon Lagoon and dinner at Ohana followed by MK

We headed out to the waterpark for the 10am open (by the way if you have an AP you get a 3 dollar discount but only at the gate tickets) so we did go there to get our tickets.

We had towels from our house (as rentals at 1 dollar each seemed odd to us and that way we had larger ones), rented a locker for our extra stuff, changed and found a spot to rest our stuff with no problems.
We started with a couple of tours of crush and Gusher which was great as always (we did see some line cutting here and it was far more common at the waterpark then anywhere else).

We followed that with a lazy river tour (even met up with some folks from Ontario) and had a great time with that, DS left for a wave pool after we did one raft ride, DH and I hit a body slide as well and then grabbed a ice cream followed by some relax time for me while he joined DS in the wave pool.

We had lunch (by the way again no ice cream options at the majority of the spots, if you wanted ice cream you had to have a hot dog or nuggets for lunch) so we opted for cheesecakes to go with our fish and chips, bbq pork sandwiches.

More wave pool time for the guys and relax time for me (my tolerance for that is way too low compared to them) and then we had to leave.
Our dinner was at 5pm and with such a big group we knew we wanted to be on time. Plus ElenitaB had created amazing shirts for the guys and wonderful totes for the ladies and Mickey'sGirl had scored Lei's for us all. (which we kept being asked about..one family kept insisting we couldn't have brought them from home which was funny).

Whilst waiting for our extended family to join us we ordered some drinks for all of them (poor server must have thought we were nuts) but they arrived and so did the drinks including some LapuLapu's for the two bravest amongst us.

Seated at a large rectangle table at the edge of the seating area walkway we were a large table indeed!!

It was fun to see all the different activity but that spot did make it hard to converse.

Food was good if scattered (bussing of the used dishes took forever) and ample indeed! Quality seemed quite good to us, and for one member who wanted rice and then ice cream alone the quantity was huge!! (in a good way)

All in all a great meal, the servers coped with our scattered seating and billing quite nicely and it was great.

We headed out to MK after, and met up with Cantgetenuf and her family which was great.

We did Buzz, the Laugh Floor (and had a that guy moment for one of our party) and also hit up Pirates and I think Haunted Mansion prior to watching our Wishes in front of the castle.

One of the great bits was having Mickey'sGirl's DS2 up on my DH's shoulder for the fireworks. Our DS is far to big to do that with anymore so that was fun, and my DH loved it. (I didn't even have to voluntold him, but did have to pass him water)

After that we all braved our way's and means out for a well earned rest. (with a swim:thumbsup:)

faline
09-10-2009, 02:20 PM
What a great day! It's always fun to meet up with other Intercotees!

Mickey'sGirl
09-10-2009, 02:20 PM
You made me teary!

That really was a "scattered" meal at 'Ohana (and I really appreciated the Lapu Lapu waiting for me!).... that bread pudding sure is good though, isn't it?

I had never seen Wishes in front of the castle before, and I thank Cantgetenuff for that (beautiful). Drizzley rain and all, it was a fantastic evening for sure! We thank goodness that your DH volunTEERED to shoulder our little guy. He was just done for the night.

What shoes were you wearing?

offwego
09-10-2009, 02:29 PM
You made me teary!

That really was a "scattered" meal at 'Ohana (and I really appreciated the Lapu Lapu waiting for me!).... that bread pudding sure is good though, isn't it?

I had never seen Wishes in front of the castle before, and I thank Cantgetenuff for that (beautiful). Drizzley rain and all, it was a fantastic evening for sure! We thank goodness that your DH volunTEERED to shoulder our little guy. He was just done for the night.

What shoes were you wearing?
I was so distracted by the bread pudding thoughts that I forgot..flip flops (disney princess ones) for the waterpark.

Dinner was I believe brown and blue ones..ElenitaB had pics though.

And DH enjoyed that very much, highlight of his trip enjoyed.

KylesMom
09-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Great fun at the water park, followed by Ohana - doesn't get any better (except in Jen's case with the LapuLapu)! Sounds like you all had a really special day/evening together. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

ElenitaB
09-10-2009, 09:19 PM
We had a great CM that night at 'Ohana. Nice to get someone who is not only competent but pleasant.

Here are Nat's great shoes (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/640103054_KkHqs-L.jpg) from that night. And in case anyone is interested, here's the girls' tote bag (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/645632692_Prprz-L-1.jpg).

Dsnygirl
09-10-2009, 09:33 PM
And in case anyone is interested, here's the girls' tote bag (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/645632692_Prprz-L-1.jpg).

Ellen, you read my mind!! That tote is great -- nice job!! :thumbsup:

What a fun sounding day... I have to say, I'm surprised they didn't have more ice-cream spots at TL!! We'll have to score a seat near one in Oct., as I was thinking that'd be a staple food that day!!

Glad you had so much fun at 'Ohana... I'll miss the bread pudding this year, it's my FAVORITE!! But, no one but me wants to go, so I'll have to miss, or find it somewhere else. :( Good job on the lapu lapus... to have one waiting when you arrive?? Heaven!! :cloud9:

mouseketeer mom
09-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Any day that has Ohana's in it is a winner for sure!! Love the shoes and the tote!!

pdrlkr
09-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the Report! :tink:

Christine
09-15-2009, 02:30 PM
It really was a nice evening at MK!

I wish we could have joined yall for Ohana!

DizNee143
09-15-2009, 04:23 PM
another great day with family and friends!!! :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
09-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun, especially your meet!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Cool:)