PDA

View Full Version : annual pass questions for your enjoyment.

alex61821
09-10-2009, 11:55 AM
so i am planning a trip in jan 11-22 2010 for making it through 20 years of wedded bliss :D then in dec of 2010 we are going back with the whole family for another 10 days or so. so i am thinking an annual pass for me and the wife unit would make more sense, but i do not know how that works with the dining plan and what not. last year we caught the free dining at xmas time and i like free :thumbsup:

if you have an annual pass what does that do to promotions? it seems like the offer something in jan most years.

is there a way to purchase the annual passes with the disney visa to get the 6 month no interest or is that only on packages?

help help me intercotty-one you are my only hope.

LoriSan
09-10-2009, 12:00 PM
if you are hoping for free dining, or a similar offer for your 2nd trip, these packages require purchase of a MYW package, which must include a park pass. However, you can get 1 day park passes, use your AP for the parks, and save the 1 day passes for use another time .

mreinventtt
09-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Hello.. I just actually got an annual pass. I upgraded at the park using my disney visa to upgrade. But since I didnt buy my annual passes with my original package, I couldnt get the 6 month financing. But if you buy the package and annual passes at the same time, then the financing will work for that. Anyway, you get alot of perks with the annual pass, I am so excited. And I also get discounts at the local disney store. I looked into it when I got home from vacation...It is WELL worth it!
Have a Magical day!
Missy :thumbsup:

KylesMom
09-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Happy Anniversary! :party:

is there a way to purchase the annual passes with the disney visa to get the 6 month no interest or is that only on packages?

But if you buy the package and annual passes at the same time, then the financing will work for that.

There is no way to purchase a "package" which includes an A/P for the 6-months free financing. You either have room with at least a one-day base ticket (MYW), or you purchase a room-only reservation and buy the A/Ps separately. Annual passes are never considered part of a package deal, and you can't use 0% financing on them - unfortunate, isn't it?!

We participated in the Buy 4, Get 3 Free promotion this past summer. While everyone in my family already had an annual pass, we each had to purchase a one-day base ticket for each 7-day package we purchased. Due to the room promotion they were offering, it was worth it. And the 1-day base tix will be used for future A/P purchases.

We've been A/P holders since 2002 and usually find it cheaper to get the room only with a AAA or A/P rate since we get two separate vacations out of one pass, kind of what you're looking to do. However, it drastically changes the 6-month financing option as well as the "free dining" option.

Good Luck in your decision!:mickey: