PDA

View Full Version : Any Homeschoolers out there

BabyBun
09-10-2009, 09:41 AM
DH and I are seriously considering homeschooling DD who is 14 and a freshman in HS. She has asked us to look into it because she is not pleased with her new school. DD has always been a high honor roll student and is very mature. Any thoughts? Also, what homeschool materials do you use? DD would prefer books to an online course. Thanks.

Tygger7
09-10-2009, 10:21 AM
I homeschooled our DD(now almost 17) for 4 years, from 5-8th grade. I'd be happy to share my experiences and point you to several good reference sites for materials. It was a wonderful experience not only for our daughter, but for our family. We struggled with whether or not to send her back for high school, and just take it on a year-by-year basis now. Please feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to provide any info I can. :mickey:

tiaramom
09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I would greatly appreciate some help in home schooling information as well. I have been in a struggle for weeks now- trying to figure a plan out for my daughter. Please if any one home schools and has info please be so kind and send me PM. Lots of love and Light to you all.
Disney is next week!!!! cant wait!!!!

magicofdisney
09-10-2009, 10:59 AM
We just began our 7th year of homeschooling. I began with my oldest who just started 6th grade. My girls just begun 4th grade and my baby is doing Pre-K this year.

There are a plethora of curricula out there and it can be overwhelming in the beginning. All of ours have a Christian foundation so that's where I have my experience.

Obviously it's a personal decision but it works great for our family. We wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Strmchsr
09-10-2009, 12:22 PM
We chose to homeschool our DS initially because of his diabetes, but we love it now and he has been doing it pre-k through now starting 4th grade. Wouldn't change a thing. It used to mean that homeschooling meant isolation, but with all the co-op groups, sports opportunities, and learning opportunities in the community it's hardly that. We enjoy letting our kids learn the way they learn best.

Obviously Intercot TOS doesn't allow us to post outside links here, but you're more than welcome to pm me for lots of resources.

MickeyMousse
09-11-2009, 12:36 PM
We are starting our second year of homeschooling our oldest DS12 and absolutely love it. We are using Calvert again, this time we are not using the teaching advisory service because we didn't feel it was necessary to continue after our first set of tests. But I love their curriculum. If you want more info or anything lese, feel free to PM me.:thumbsup: