PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race 15

Melanie
09-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Premieres Sunday, September 27. Cast bios are up on cbs.com. :yay:

Can't believe we've had 15 seasons of this already!

brownie
09-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Looking forward to it. I hope it's more engaging than the last race.

disneyluva
09-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the info - haven't seen the promo. That is my all time FAVE!!!!!

Mousefever
09-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Yay! I can't wait! I hope there's someone I'll feel like routing for!

Amy

ozmom
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Yea!! Happy happy, joy, joy. One of my favorites to watch. :party:

MNNHFLTX
09-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I am so glad that a new Race is starting soon (well, starting on TV, anyway since the race itself is already over, lol!) I took a look at the teams and they sure seem like an athletic bunch. I did think Mika and Canaan sounded like the hokiest of the bunch. And I wonder how the Lance will come across in the race--being from Mass. and describing himself as "confrontational" sounds like trouble (my husband, who grew up just outside of Boston agrees).

Can't wait!

BriarRose0708
09-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Yay, I am so excited for a new season of Amazing Race!

And I wonder how the Lance will come across in the race--being from Mass. and describing himself as "confrontational" sounds like trouble (my husband, who grew up just outside of Boston agrees).

I agree, Beth. My boyfriend grew up in Lynn, MA and every time there's a contestant from Boston on reality tv they are always seen as the jerk or troublemaker. He gets frustrated, but I just say I was lucky enough to catch the only nice guy in Massachusetts :cool:

MNNHFLTX
09-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I just say I was lucky enough to catch the only nice guy in Massachusetts :cool:Lol--me too!!

Mousefever
09-28-2009, 12:14 AM
I saw the season opener tonight! Everyone is still kind of a jumble, but there are a couple of teams that stand out. I like Meghan and Cheyne. They seem very positive and supportive of each other. I also like Zev and Justin. How often do you see someone literally giving another person the shirt off their back? (OK, jacket off their back.) I don't like the Poker Girls team. I don't mind teams who try to get ahead using their ingenuity, but I don't like outright liars. For example, I thought it was smart for the teams on the second bus in Vietnam to pay extra to get the driver to leave early. I just don't like liars.

Amy

Wannagoback
09-28-2009, 12:33 AM
I thought I read on here somewhere that the amazing race had a segment filmed at WDW. Is it this season that just started or did I miss it as it was last season or before?

Tinkerfreak
09-28-2009, 08:03 AM
I thought I read on here somewhere that the amazing race had a segment filmed at WDW. Is it this season that just started or did I miss it as it was last season or before?

I have also been wondering the same thing. I also remember reading something about it being filmed at Disney. I thought it was last season and when it wasn't I just figured I had been remembering wrong. Glad to know that I am not crazy! :blush:

Ian
09-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Good premiere last night. I like this crew so far. Mostly good teams, although that Lance cat is really irritating. Not a huge fan of the poker girls either.

Thus far my favorites are Flight Time and Big Easy. I'm a sucker for Globetrotters! :thumbsup:

c&d
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
I like the Globetrotters and I love that the poker girls were outed already. I also like the guys, let the 2 girls flirt with us, it doesn't matter to us.

It'sWDW4me
09-28-2009, 10:22 AM
I saw the season opener tonight! Everyone is still kind of a jumble, but there are a couple of teams that stand out. I like Meghan and Cheyne. They seem very positive and supportive of each other. I also like Zev and Justin. How often do you see someone literally giving another person the shirt off their back? (OK, jacket off their back.) I don't like the Poker Girls team. I don't mind teams who try to get ahead using their ingenuity, but I don't like outright liars. For example, I thought it was smart for the teams on the second bus in Vietnam to pay extra to get the driver to leave early. I just don't like liars.

Amy

Once the poker girls said that blatant lie, my son and I were both rooting for them to be the first (well, second since the elimination before the game really started - poor yoga teachers) team eliminated. I thought it was divine justice that they had to eat two wasabe bombs back to back. Liar, liar, mouth on fire! :mickey: I hate liars, too.

ozmom
09-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Another household not fans of the poker ladies. We thought the speed bump was too easy. And if you're going to lie about your profession, don't say you work for a non-profit agency helping kids. Karma will get them for this at some point. Also thought it was smart thinking on paying the bus driver to leave early. We have a few teams we are liking at this point. Globetrotters are too funny hope they stick around.:thumbsup:

Melanie
09-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Loved, loved, loved the premiere! I got very nostalgic and teary seeing the places we'd been in Tokyo. The sushi game show was soooo Japanese - awesome! :rotfl: I can't even begin to imagine eating that much wasabi. :ack:

One time, there was a team asking for directions to Shibuya crossing and they were standing in front of the coolest Disney store I've ever been to. They were literally right up around the corner from the crossing.

Definitely my favorite team is Flight Time and Big Easy. We met Flight last year when they came to Okinawa. How can you not love a Globetrotter? They can play ball and have to have a big, goofy, hilarious personality to match. I'm so excited for this team!

Not a fan of the poker girls, Lance or even dare I say Ericka Dunlap. Not sure what it is, but something about her rubbed me the wrong way.

So glad Phil and TAR are back! :clappy:

TheDuckRocks
09-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Oh boy, oh boy!!! Last night really showed why I love AR so much, that was a great start for the season.
So far I don't think it would be a loss to see the poker players, Lance & Keri, Brian & Ericka and Mika & Canaan make their departure............SOON.
And for a favorite I too like the Globetrotters. I'm just hoping Flight Time and Big Easy keep the happy, positive style up and not be beaten down by the game. They are so fun to watch.
BTW, what was it that the yoga instructor said about "freeing" the others at her elimination? It was a lalapalosser and I can't remember it for the life of me. (Ain't old age great?):D

Melanie
09-28-2009, 11:09 AM
BTW, what was it that the yoga instructor said about "freeing" the others at her elimination? It was a lalapalosser and I can't remember it for the life of me. (Ain't old age great?):D

You mean the first couple Kay? They were saying they spared everyone the humiliation of being the first eliminated. They took care of that.

MNNHFLTX
09-28-2009, 11:23 AM
For example, I thought it was smart for the teams on the second bus in Vietnam to pay extra to get the driver to leave early. See, I was skeptical about that and wondered if those teams would come up short on money during some other part of this leg because of it. Fortunately that didn't happen, but it was kind of a waste in the end because the teams all ended up grouped together again when that field wasn't open until morning.

I thought the first two legs of this race were really good, although eliminating one team right at the beginning seemed really unfair to me and kind of lame. I most enjoyed the part with the Japanese game show ("Eat the Wasabi!!") and the teams leading around their "groups" with the colored flags. There's no team that I truly dislike at the moment, although the poker players and the Miss America and husband team put me off a little with some of their comments. I do like the Harlem Globetrotter guys (so cute the way they walked hand-in-hand with some of the older ladies in their Japanese group), the father/son team, and Zev (the duck whisperer) and Justin.

All in all, a good start to the race!

thrillme
09-28-2009, 12:39 PM
The poker girls weren't eliminated :confused: it was a non elimination leg. I'm not real crazy about them but my son likes them...he's 13 and they are "girls" so I guess that explains 'nuff.

I like the Globetrotters. I'm not sure who else yet. The "couples" (with exception to the older dating couple) were uh...rather snitty to one another.

The father/son seems like they might be interesting although I'm not sure I can deal with a guy with Pink hair and green ear holes.

Melanie
09-28-2009, 01:03 PM
The poker girls weren't eliminated :confused: it was a non elimination leg.

I had to re-read that as well. I think she meant 'outed' as in their lie was found out.

Melanie
09-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I just read that Flight and Big Easy were good buddies with Chris Richardson (they were known as the 'Three Amigos'), a fellow Globetrotter who died in Sasebo, Japan just a few days before they came to Okinawa last December. I remember them doing a moment a silence and talking affectionately about him. :( They are wearing necklaces during the race in his honor.

DisneyPrincess21
09-28-2009, 11:47 PM
So far I like Flight and Big Easy, And the father/son team. I don't like the poker girls and the Miss America couple.

Ian
09-29-2009, 07:23 AM
I thought the first two legs of this race were really good, although eliminating one team right at the beginning seemed really unfair to me and kind of lame.Yeah, I forgot to comment on that ... I didn't like that either.

To come all that way, get yourself all excited to compete in a race around the world, and then get eliminated before you even get on your first plane? I definitely thought that was exceedingly lame.

TheDuckRocks
09-29-2009, 11:51 AM
You mean the first couple Kay? They were saying they spared everyone the humiliation of being the first eliminated. They took care of that.

Yeah, Mel that's the couple I meant. Her final words after talking about sparing everyone the humiliation was something like...."now they are free to race". At the time I rewound the recording and relistened to her words and they were quite funnily bazaar. Wish my memory was better..........Oh, wait a minute maybe it was my old non-hearing so hot ears. Could be. Good heavens it's tough being the oldest Intercotee.:old:

Buddy08
09-29-2009, 01:44 PM
I like Meghan and Cheyne. They seemed to be decent to each other so far. I also liked the duck whisperer and his partner along with the Harlem globetrotter guys. Not fond of poker gals or the Miss America and her husband or Lance. He blamed his wife for not seeing the clue for the symbol on the license plates. He seems obnoxious.He thinks he's :cool: My husband doesn't like the guy with the pink hair and big earring!!

Ian
10-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Good episode tonight, although I was kinda bummed to see Marcy and Ron eliminated. They squabbled a bit this leg, but overall I thought they seemed like good people.

I am, however, thrilled that Flight Time and Big Easy won this leg! They're far and away my favorite team, especially now that I know Big Easy is racing for his Dad. Having lost my own Father, I know how hard that is. I'd love to see him win this one in his Father's memory.

Lance has progressed from moderately annoying to really, really irritating. I love how he talked trash at the end when he had just barely missed being eliminated! I hope they go next ...

How about Maria barking at Tiffany to hurry up when Tiffany was doing all the work lugging that animal statue?? And then, to top it all off, when they get to the Roadblock Maria makes Tiffany do that, too!! I don't think they're long for this race ... Maria seems really, really lazy to me.

Melanie
10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
When Big Easy told that lady to 'work it', we about fell off our chairs laughing. LOVE them! And loved their Chris R shirts too. :thumbsup: Next week it looks like they were wearing their jerseys though. To me, that's a little strange. :shrug:

Not as good an episode as last week, but it's still TAR, so I love it. My hubby thinks next week looked like Thailand. I hope so!

DisneyPrincess21
10-04-2009, 10:05 PM
When Big Easy told that lady to 'work it', we about fell off our chairs laughing. LOVE them!

I loved that part too "Work it girl!" LOL!! :funny:

Mousefever
10-04-2009, 10:35 PM
If I never hear Keri's voice again, it will be too soon. (I haven't even finished watching!)

Amy

tinkwest
10-05-2009, 02:07 AM
I was not surprised to see Marcy & Ron go (although I thought they were going to get at least a bit further along), but would have much preferred to see Lance & Keri leave. What a couple! Annoying!! This is how they treat each other at the engaged stage of their relationship? If they go through with the marriage I can't imagine it will be anything but a rocky road.

MNNHFLTX
10-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm so annoyed! We got to watch the first 25 minutes of the race last night, then my DVR froze (we always start watching about 20 minutes into the show) and when we rebooted the system we lost the the second half of the race and only got to see the last few teams come in. :bang:

Lance certainly is living up to his hype of being "confrontational" and Keri isn't far behind. I guess they're the "love to hate" team for this race.

Still like Fly Time and Big Easy the best (at least as much as I saw). They really are fun to watch on the show!

Shugoondola
10-05-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm so annoyed! We got to watch the first 25 minutes of the race last night, then my DVR froze (we always start watching about 20 minutes into the show) and when we rebooted the system we lost the the second half of the race and only got to see the last few teams come in. :bang:

If you miss a show, you can watch full episodes at cbs.com. I missed the first half-hour of the first episode and got caught up there.

You have to watch the episode from the beginning so you can't go directly to the part you missed, though.

Just go to cbs.com
"Shows" on the left hand side
Click Amazing Race
The full episode list is in the middle part of the Amazing Race page on the left.

:mickey:

Melanie
10-05-2009, 09:46 AM
You have to watch the episode from the beginning so you can't go directly to the part you missed, though.

You can click forward through the episode, you'll just have to watch a few commercials. The commercial breaks are marked by the little hash marks.

Shugoondola
10-05-2009, 09:49 AM
You can click forward through the episode, you'll just have to watch a few commercials. The commercial breaks are marked by the little hash marks.

Thanks for the tip.

MNNHFLTX
10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I was planning on watching what I missed on the website. I would have rather seen on the big-screen TV though.

Jen0610
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Can I just say here how much I HATE the rolling back packs. UGGGHHHHHHH!!!

If I planned on doing this show and the parnter I wanted to do it with wanted to have one of these to use, as in drag it behind them, during a leg of the race, I would soo be finding another parnter.

The poker players are using them this year and the flight attendants used them last year. They seem more of a hinderance then a help. During the 1st week, the girls couldn't run to catch the tram, then the one had a heck of a time dragging it down the stairs. This week, Maria was dragging hers while she carried the balloons and left Tiffany to push/pull their statue around....unbelievable. I so would have smacked her upside her head with my packback and told her to drag both of them, if that is all the help you are going to be. :mad: :mad:

DH got the biggest kick outta of me calling the "bag drop", that I just knew was going to happen when Cheyne and Meghan and the 'Trotters got to the pit stop. Was so glad to see the 'Trotters win that leg. You just know that they wouldn't have lived the ribbing down had they let a girl beat them to the mat, after the one made the comment, that they could beat them in a foot race.

Right now, I really like the 'Trotters, Cheyne and Meghan, and the father/son team. I don't mind Justin/Zev or the "Zebra" team (as they called themselves). The rest of the teams, can go in just about any order, except for Lance and Keri - they needed to go before they even set foot on the first plane.

Ian
10-06-2009, 01:04 PM
This week, Maria was dragging hers while she carried the balloons and left Tiffany to push/pull their statue around....unbelievable. I so would have smacked her upside her head with my packback and told her to drag both of them, if that is all the help you are going to be. :mad: :mad:Yeah, that part had me really irritated. The worst was when Maria was yelling at Tiffany to hurry up! And then, when they got to the Roadblock, Maria made Tiffany disassemble the VCR, too!

If I was Tiffany, I would have socked her in the mouth and quit on the spot.

Melanie
10-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Bummer! That's a first. :unsure: Gotta keep up with those important documents though.

Mousefever
10-11-2009, 10:46 PM
During the show tonight I commented to my son about finding Keri's voice annoying. He asked me if I was being a little shallow. So I tried to watch tonight's episode with an open mind in regards to Lance and Keri. (I still find them annoying!)

I was sorry to see Justin and Zev go. They were very nice and ran a good race.

Amy

NotaGeek
10-12-2009, 01:40 AM
I am really enjoying the show this season ... and I only really dislike the lawyer and his wife! I was sad for the guys today, but it was a just reward for losing your travel docs ... :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
10-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Yea, that was something to see Zev and Justin go from first to last, all in the space of 15 minutes (of TV time, anyway). But the passports should have been kept in an interior pocket of their backpack that they only accessed it when they absolutely needed to.

I don't care for Lance and Keri, but to be honest I care for the poker players less (Maria, in particular), so wouldn't mind if they went next.

Ian
10-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I was pretty bummed to see Zev and Justin go out like that (especially when they crashed down from such a high), but hey ... you've got to keep track of your travel documents. That's all there is to it.

Glad to see Flight and Big Easy back near the top again. They're a team to watch ... very methodical, disciplined, physically gifted, and they play nice with each other. I wouldn't be shocked to see them win it.

It'sWDW4me
10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
It was funny to see Flight Time & Big Easy running through the Russian Marketplace with all the short people staring up at them. :eyes: And the lady wearing the scarf they needed to match up being scared out of her wits and just about running away! :rotfl: "She tried to run away. That was cold!" :funny: Too funny! They really are great guys.

tinkwest
10-12-2009, 12:00 PM
What a way to go! There are other couples I would much rather have seen leave (can you say Lance and Keri). Those Poker Girls had luck on their side again. That's their second time arriving last to the mat without being eliminated.

thrillme
10-12-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't know about some of these couples. I guess we've all argued a bit with our spouses...but I can't imagine getting as ugly as they get. Maybe it's just pressure and perhaps the "editing" that makes it look so bad.

I really love the Globtrotters but then I've always had a "soft spot" for the Globetrotters.

I didn't see the father son come in but obviously they did.

Too bad for the guys that lost their passport. I used it as a demonstration for my son if he should ever travel out of the country without me...that passport MUST be part of your body. You have to check for it regularly and make sure you have copies that you can give the embassy shoud it get stolen.

There wasn't any scene that showed the passport being dropped so I can only figure the camera guys didn't see it dropped either...even though they couldn't interfear...certianly they would have shown it falling. I think he left it at the airport.

Mousefever
10-12-2009, 07:35 PM
I can't confirm its veracity, but this answer was listed on Yahoo Answers to a question about the recovery of Zev's passport.

"Yes, they went to the U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh and Zev's passport was there. It had been found in a temple and turned in to the embassy. Justin realized it must've fallen out of his bag when he pulled out his headlamp in the dark temple, which they had gone into by mistake looking for the monkey challenge. Such a bummer."

Amy

Buddy08
10-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes, very disappointing about Zev and Justin. What an awful way to go and if they did lose the passport in the temple in the dark, they wouldn't have known that it dropped. I wondered if they ever retrieved it since wouldn't they need it to get back to the U.S.?

Melanie
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Yes, very disappointing about Zev and Justin. What an awful way to go and if they did lose the passport in the temple in the dark, they wouldn't have known that it dropped. I wondered if they ever retrieved it since wouldn't they need it to get back to the U.S.?

The post above yours explains what happened. I've seen it elsewhere as well.

BelleKP
10-14-2009, 10:34 AM
I haven't watched this show in a while (apparently, as how did it get to the 15th season already!!). But I'm really loving this 'cast'!! I was very sad for Zev and Justin this week. :( I know that it's a good 'lesson' to learn about keeping your travel docs safe . . . but I enjoyed watching them. I teach two students with Aspergers, and I see so much of them in Zev, so I was really rooting for him!
Like many others have said, Lance and his fiancee are my least favourite couple. I'm tired of seeing 'macho' men yelling at their girlfriends and vice versa. :mad:
I'm rooting for Meghan and Cheyne, I think they are very sweet to one another, and a good example for young folks watching the show. :thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
10-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Are they required to put their passports in the Amazing Race bag we see them carry? My passport lives in a money belt, where it doesn't just fall out, can't be left behind, etc. . . .

Mousefever
10-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Anti-climatic episode tonight. Everyone was actually pretty nice to each other! I won't miss Lance and Keri. Next week's preview looks a little crazy. Canaan looks like he's about to bodily force Mika down the water slide.

Amy

Melanie
10-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Canaan looks like he's about to bodily force Mika down the water slide.

The preview was disturbing. :unsure:

NotaGeek
10-19-2009, 02:30 AM
I think in that situation I would shove anyone down the slide -- $1,000,000.00 -- although I have no idea who would pick a partner for TAR that is afraid of heights, can't swim or wo'n't at least try to eat something disgusting...

Melanie
10-19-2009, 06:38 AM
I think in that situation I would shove anyone down the slide -- $1,000,000.00 -- although I have no idea who would pick a partner for TAR that is afraid of heights, can't swim or wo'n't at least try to eat something disgusting...

True.

brownie
10-19-2009, 06:44 AM
The preview was disturbing. :unsure:

Yeah, that's got to be an effective motivational method. :nono:

I was glad to see the lawyers go; now if the poker players can get eliminated we'll have a good race.

Shugoondola
10-19-2009, 07:13 AM

I've been thinking that myself.

MNNHFLTX
10-19-2009, 11:53 AM
I think in that situation I would shove anyone down the slide -- $1,000,000.00Well, maybe, but I would hope that I wouldn't have to until the end of the race. Who would want to finish a race with someone who now hates you? ;)

I thought for sure that when Lance and Keri reached the pit-stop it would be a non-elimination leg. It was a pleasant surprise that it wasn't! I do have to give them credit that they handled their inevitable loss with more humor and grace than I expected them to.

I am finding that I like Cheyne and Meghan more and more. I find myself cheering for them, the Globetrotter guys, and Gary and Matt the most. I like Sam and Dan, but now that they've formed an alliance with the Poker Player girls their shine has diminished a bit for me.

Melanie
10-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I am finding that I like Cheyne and Meghan more and more. I find myself cheering for them, the Globetrotter guys, and Gary and Matt the most. I like Sam and Dan, but now that they've formed an alliance with the Poker Player girls their shine has diminished a bit for me.

I'm with you Beth. And I also am liking Erika and Brian a little more as well. I actually appreciated her thoughts last night about expectations of Miss America's and her admission that sometimes her claws do come out.

The brothers I've never warmed to though. Not sure why, but I guess it is their association with the poker gals pretty much from the get-go.

Ian
10-23-2009, 05:32 AM
I think in that situation I would shove anyone down the slide -- $1,000,000.00 -- although I have no idea who would pick a partner for TAR that is afraid of heights, can't swim or wo'n't at least try to eat something disgusting...I said that exact same thing, Michael. If you're going to go on a show like Amazing Race or Survivor, you'd better do it knowing that you're going to have to potentially jump from high places, swim, and eat something disgusting.

If you aren't willing to do any of those three things, then don't go on the show. And most certainly don't pick a partner who won't do one of them!

I'd toss her down the slide, too. It's for a million dollars and it's a water slide!! It's not like it's something dangerous.

thrillme
10-23-2009, 10:08 AM

Not only would I toss her down the water slide (it's not like I'd be throwing her off a building - although if she pulled that attitude in a million dollar race I might consider it :thedolls:) I would probably break up with her at the first possible moment (sorry...but no rollercoasters/water slides...is a "deal breaker" when it comes to a long relationship unless there's is a true physcial reason).

Good grief...you don't have to have major swimming abilities at the end of a water slide.

I agree...she should have known that she was going to be doing some "safe" but thrilling stuff and most assuredly EATING some disgusting stuff later.

Alas...it might just be the way they filmed it to get us riled up.

MNNHFLTX
10-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Alas...it might just be the way they filmed it to get us riled up.Nope, it was pretty much the way the previews made it out to be. All I can say is that Mika had no business getting into this race with such crippling phobias. I didn't like that Canaan looked like he was going to push her down at one point (despite what I said before) but who can blame him for his frustration.

I don't begrudge Flight Time and Big Easy trying to encourage her not to go down the slide either (I know it's a competition), but I don't look at them in quite the same way now--no longer are they the sterling "good guys". But I guess they have to have that competitors' edge to have gotten where they are in sports up to now.

The poker players and the brothers surprised me with their teamwork tonight and gained a smidgeon more respect.

But Cheyenne and Meghan are still tops for me. Glad they came in first place again. :thumbsup:

Melanie
10-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Interesting episode tonight. At first I thought what Flight and Big Easy (particularly Big Easy) were doing at the end was kinda harsh, but the more I thought about it, I don't think she was going anywhere anyway. I found it kinda ironic that Canaan wanted to shove her down, but then would turn around and blame Big Easy for her not going down. It didn't matter anyway when the Globetrotters arrived, as they would have swooped down the slide right behind Mika and Canaan and beat them in a foot race anyway.

thrillme
10-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Sorry...I can't blame the Globetrotters for trying to get her moving. I would have to say that I would definately be telling her to "move it or lose it". She had PLENTY of time to get on with it LOOONNNGGG before they came up. I could have sworn I heard them encouraging her for a bit then they just got tired of it (I don't blame them). And come on...water wings for an "adult" on a water slide that was barely ankle deep at the end...really now.

I thought Canaan was a saint...especially what he said at the end. It would have perhaps been one thing if she were rapelling off the side of a 20 story building...but a water slide. I just can't wrap logic around that. She really made me mad. :mad:

He probably should have blind folded her, guided her to the slide and let her go....I don't know...It was for a million dollars.

I know there's a real fear of heights out there and I understand...BUT...you don't have any business getting involved in something like Amazing Race, Survivor or any number of reality shows where you are most certianly going to be doing something "up there". If you're going to put yourself in a position as such... then you really need to take responsiblity for it and take "the leap of faith". It would be one thing too if she wasn't part of a "team" and she was only responsible for herself...but she was so absolutly SELFISH.

Sorry...she just totally irritated me.:mad:

brownie
10-26-2009, 07:10 AM
I can't fault the Globetrotters; she was holding things up. Either go or get out of the way. Mika did not help the situation any with how he handled it, and he is really the one who made it a bigger problem. He put himself first.

MNNHFLTX
10-26-2009, 08:31 AM
I found it kinda ironic that Canaan wanted to shove her down, but then would turn around and blame Big Easy for her not going down. It didn't matter anyway when the Globetrotters arrived, as they would have swooped down the slide right behind Mika and Canaan and beat them in a foot race anyway.Both good points, Mel.

TheDuckRocks
10-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Whatta wimp! I'm 66 years old, mobility challenged, have a terrible fear of heights (never gone on Tower of Terror and have been telling myself that I can handle the dragon slide at POFQ in Dec...........maybe) but after watching how you actually do a water slide on the show last night, I could do that. Watch out Dragon I'm comin' to slay you.

thrillme
10-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Whatta wimp! I'm 66 years old, mobility challenged, have a terrible fear of heights (never gone on Tower of Terror and have been telling myself that I can handle the dragon slide at POFQ in Dec...........maybe) but after watching how you actually do a water slide on the show last night, I could do that. Watch out Dragon I'm comin' to slay you.

Whoo hooo :number1: You go! I'll be your number one cheerleader...it'll be over in less than 60 seconds and you'll end up saying..."wha' that's it???"

Buddy08
10-26-2009, 01:40 PM
I understand Canaan's frustration though I think he overdid it a bit. If she has such a fear of heights and water she probably shouldn't have gone on The Amazing Race in the first place. She definitely overthought it. She seems a little self-centered with definitely being the one that single-handedly caused them to lose the race. I don't blame Big Easy or Flight Time for what they said. She wasn't going down the slide anyway. "It's a game, baby"

Ian
10-26-2009, 06:20 PM
All I have to say is PHEW! It was looking bad for Flight and Big Easy there for a bit.

The rest with Mika and Canaan ... I think everyone pretty much summed up how I feel about it.

PirateLover
10-26-2009, 08:29 PM
I am saving all the episodes to watch probably over Thanksgiving break.... I just don't have the time right now between playoff baseball and the rest of shows. However, I did see the clip of the water slide incident and HOLY COW! I'm sorry but I'll come out and say it- That girl is crazy. She needs major therapy. Anyone with paralyzing fears should NOT go on this show. I would be so mad at my loved one if they couldn't find the courage to go down a waterslide for A MILLION DOLLARS! I know what it's like to be afraid as I have a ridiculous, sometimes paralyzing fear of insects. But you know what--- they can bite, sting, etc. Bungee jumping, the cord could snap. Sky diving, the parachute may not open. But What the heck is going to happen on a water slide????

Melanie
10-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I can't believe she wouldn't go and how childish she was about it. I have a terrible, TERRIBLE fear of flying (so it's obvious I couldn't do this show :D ), but I still do it and I even PAY to do it. LOL!

I think they probably cast folks like this hoping for some drama, and she sure came through. Can't wait to read some exit interviews from them.

NJDad
10-27-2009, 06:12 AM
And who knows how long it would have taken her to have a scene at the bottom of the slide if she had actually done it. No way she would have done it then immediately start running towards the mat.

Ian
10-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I can't believe she wouldn't go and how childish she was about it.Yeah, I kept thinking the entire time, "Canaan ... dude ... run away NOW!"

That girl has some obvious maturity issues. Stomping her feet and screaming, "You can't make me! You can't make me!"???

That's something like an 11 year old would do!

TheDuckRocks
10-27-2009, 09:37 AM
No, my favorite was her screaming, "Help me! Help me!" to the attendent. Poor guy.

Melanie
10-27-2009, 12:06 PM
They are still together.

People.com

Mika and Canaan Survive Their Failed Leap

Nashville songwriter Canaan Smith, 26, and his aspiring country singer sweetheart Mika Combs, 22, had no problem taking a figurative leap of faith by joining The Amazing Race only a few months into their relationship. Yet it was the literal plunge at Dubai’s Atlantis Resort that ended their reality-show run—but not their romance. —Carrie Bell

Considering your combined lack of travel experience, Mika’s laundry list of fears and the fact that you’ve been a couple for less than a year, you guys lasted longer than anyone expected.

Canaan: Even though [Sunday] night made it look like it, we are not quitters. We’re both dreamers. We pursue everything that we dream and we believe in it before it happens. We were the underdogs but we never gave up. Everybody loves an underdog.

Was it naïve to think you could handle whatever producers cooked up despite the aforementioned obstacles?

Canaan: We really thought we could handle anything. We went on the show to have a great time together and learn more about each other and win a million dollars. We had an agreement to go for it all out and do whatever it takes. We knew Mika would be terrified in that type of scenario and I told her from the beginning that I would push her if I had to. And I definitely tried to push her, but she had a death grip. Unfortunately, fear is so irrational and paralyzing that it won in this instance.

From the couch, it didn’t look that scary, certainly easier than bungee jumping. Can you explain what was going on in your head for the 25 minutes who were on the platform before the Globetrotters arrived.

Mika: Before the Race, I tried to learn to swim. If it had been something like swim across a pool, I could have managed, especially with the floaties. But the Leap of Faith combined my two worst fears of heights and water. The slide was six stories high and they told me I would go about 45 miles an hour and end in water. I was a train wreck.

Big Easy didn’t make it any easier by taunting Mika. Do you still think he’s “a piece of <snip>” for doing it?

Canaan: I understand they’re basketball players who trash talk daily and that it’s a competition. But if it had been Big Easy’s little girl sitting on that slide in a fit of hysterics, he would not be cool with me capitalizing on her fears and taunting her. He has since apologized and made it right. They are cool guys, but it was the wrong approach and unnecessary. Even if she’d done it, there was no time to wait and we wouldn’t beat them in a foot race.

Canaan, you eventually went down.

Canaan: I knew it was over for us once the Globetrotters went down and I was mad so I needed to get away. The slide was a piece of cake, but as I was going down, it took my stomach and breath away and I thought, “Oh gosh, Mika would have hated this.”

Do you regret not facing your fears?

Mika: Definitely. Even watching [Sunday], I wished so bad that I was like the other people in the Race. Some of the others were scared but they still went down. I was paralyzed. I can’t take it back so I’m not going to let it haunt me. We’ve moved on.

Was this the most trying moment of your relationship to date?

Canaan: In the moment, it was nearly impossible for me to handle. I was completely <snip>. She was completely terrified. I thought if I could stay beside her and talk I might be able to coax her through it.

Mika: Knowing that if I didn’t go down the slide we would lose was probably the hardest moment in my whole life. I let my teammate, who I care about deeply, and myself down. I cost us a million dollars because I could not go down that stupid slide.

Did the relationship survive the test?

Canaan: We’re still together. We’re better for it. Forgiveness is supreme. It feels a lot better than resentment.

Mika: He was mad in the moment but he forgave me quickly and understood.

Did the experience make you want to take it to the next level? Perhaps get engaged like fellow Racers Garrett and Jess?

Canaan: Oh heavens to Betsy. We love each other and we’re happy with that for now.

Mika: And we’re best friends. We’re taking it day by day hanging out and having a good time.

Canaan: It has been really fun meeting fans of the show. We’re signing autographs left and right. It is a taste of what we believe is to come as far as our careers taking off. As a songwriter, being a guy who tears open a clue that leads you to an unknown destination every morning and being thrown into these bizarre situations provided tons of inspiration.

Mika: And it made us want to travel more. We want to go back and take time to experience those places. I was just stunned by all the lights and the tall buildings in Dubai. You just can’t believe your eyes that something like the Burj Dubai is real. We’d definitely go back when it was cooler.

Buddy08
10-27-2009, 01:30 PM
"Canaan: Even though [Sunday] night made it look like it, we are not quitters."
Seems like they are quitters in my book, or at least Mika is. I'm glad he feels he can forgive her.

Ian
10-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Canaan: Oh heavens to Betsy. We love each other and we’re happy with that for now.Wow ... did he really say, "Heavens to Betsy??"

Oh my .... :secret:

offwego
10-27-2009, 03:38 PM
And maybe I'm a little weird but if you hate water that much and are so afraid of it why would you have that fantastic a bathing suit? I mean that's not a practical I bought this cause I learnt to swim in a pool with floaties suit.If I can do the summit plummet (and I'm not a fan of heights myself) then she could have done this if she really wanted too

Ian
10-27-2009, 04:14 PM
And maybe I'm a little weird but if you hate water that much and are so afraid of it why would you have that fantastic a bathing suit? I mean that's not a practical I bought this cause I learnt to swim in a pool with floaties suit.Ha ha ha ha!! You know you can't be that weird, because I thought the exact same thing.

My very first thought was, "Oh my ... how ridiculous does she look in that swimsuit model bathing suit and SWIMMIES??!!??"

NotaGeek
10-27-2009, 04:21 PM
You don't have to swim to go to a pool party. :thumbsup:

Melanie
10-27-2009, 05:13 PM

Excellent point Michael. :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
10-28-2009, 11:26 AM
For all of her dumb behavior, I do have to say she looked wonderful.

thrillme
10-28-2009, 01:46 PM

Why would you go to a pool party and not swim?

I hope that girl gets therapy. Her parents ought to be slapped for letting her go that long without helping her.

I really don't blame the Globetrotters for "trash talking". I think it was really big of them to apologize for it. But "Heavens to Betsy"...If someone was up there for 25 minutes being a big baby about going down a slide and she stood between me and a million...I probably wouldn't be as nice as they were.

Yeah they probably could have taken the Globtrotters in a "foot race" but she'd probably have sit down and recover.

I really think her best therapy would be to go down them 5 times and she won't be scared anymore.

Melanie
10-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Yeah they probably could have taken the Globtrotters in a "foot race" but she'd probably have sit down and recover.

You really think they could have taken Flight and Big Easy in a foot race? :confused: Not in a million years!

offwego
10-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Ha ha ha ha!! You know you can't be that weird, because I thought the exact same thing.

My very first thought was, "Oh my ... how ridiculous does she look in that swimsuit model bathing suit and SWIMMIES??!!??"

Well good to know I'm not alone (and I still say it's weird, I know that while I like to spend $$ on clothes and oh say a gazillion shoes I'm not going to blow the budget on swim suits if I don't wear them much).

My 14 year old thought the floaties were beyond foolish looking for a slide.

Granny Jill A
10-28-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Amazing Race, and I was just wondering what other fans thought about Mika's hysterics at the water slide. I can certainly sympathize with a fear of heights and water (I have both), but that wouldn't stop me from taking the plunge in order to stay in the Race.

I got the feeling that Mika was hoping someone would "rescue" her from her predicament.

Thoughts?

Ed
10-28-2009, 04:54 PM
I saw that episode; she acted like a 6 year old! She deserved to be eliminated.

Moving this to the TV forum... hang on!

EeyoresBestFriend
10-28-2009, 05:33 PM
I couldn't figure that out myself.

I sympathize with her fear, but has she never watched the Race before?? They ALWAYS have several height related challenges ~ many far worse than a waterslide drop. She needed to just do it before she had a chance to think about it ~ the longer she stood there, I knew she was doomed. I also thought that Canaan was TERRIBLE with the way he treated her! My hubby is my support and I trust him but he would have encouraged me in a loving way not threatening and belittling.

I think it opened up a new level of their relationship to both of them.

Who are you routing for ?

PirateLover
10-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I also thought that Canaan was TERRIBLE with the way he treated her! My hubby is my support and I trust him but he would have encouraged me in a loving way not threatening and belittling.

I think he started out trying to be encouraging, but the more childish she got, the more frustrated he got, especially when she was screaming out for help as if he were abusing her! I think very few significant others would be able to keep their cool if their loved one is standing in the way of 1 million buckaroos in water wings, throwing a temper tantrum about going down a slide. I know my fiancee is very supportive but he would've told me I was crazy and pushed me down the slide!

c&d
10-29-2009, 09:33 AM
The only thing I can think of is she hoped that if there was a water "event" only one person would have to do it. You have to know you're either going to get wet, bungee jump, hang from the side of building or eat some disgusting food thing at some point during the race.

I'm terrified of having to bungee jump but I keep telling DH for a million bucks I'd do it.

Ian
10-29-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm terrified of having to bungee jump but I keep telling DH for a million bucks I'd do it.I think that's the key for me.

You've got to be mentally tough to overcome these kinds of things and have a chance to win. Everyone who's ever gone on one of these shows has had to do something they didn't want to do, whether it was bungee jump or eat snail guts or get covered in dung beetles ... whatever.

But when you sign up, you have to know that you're going to have to be mentally tough and just gut it out over your fears.

Granny Jill A
10-30-2009, 03:04 PM
I think that's the key for me.

You've got to be mentally tough to overcome these kinds of things and have a chance to win. Everyone who's ever gone on one of these shows has had to do something they didn't want to do, whether it was bungee jump or eat snail guts or get covered in dung beetles ... whatever.

But when you sign up, you have to know that you're going to have to be mentally tough and just gut it out over your fears.

Precisely! I'm sure they warn contestants about what they might encounter - icky bugs - heat - cold - etc.
I'm wondering if Mika was trying to "cute" her way out of doing something. Oh well... they are gone from the race. I'm rooting for the Father and Son team. Love the pink hair!

Melanie
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
What an ending! I was happy with whichever one went home, so I was very entertained watching it all play out. The girls were just out of luck! Seems like Tiffany almost rang the bell a couple of times, but it was just too much. Maria was no help.

Can I just say I was mightily annoyed Sam just right out gave the bell number to Tiffany. Huh? I don't think I've ever seen one team just come right out and give such a blatant gift to another like that. :down:

The return of the haybales! I remember that one being so tough, and it looks like it proves frustrating for everyone. Should be fun! :D

Mousefever
11-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Maria was absolutely useless in that Detour. She barely swung the mallet to ring the bell! They have been skating on thin ice pretty much since the beginning. They so deserve to be gone.

Brian and Erica couldn't do anything right on this leg. I don't know what's so hard about putting a car in gear and counting bells. I remain unimpressed by this team. I think the remaining teams all deserve to be there and it should be a good race from here on out.

Amy

NotaGeek
11-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Maria was absolutely useless in that Detour. She barely swung the mallet to ring the bell! They have been skating on thin ice pretty much since the beginning. They so deserve to be gone.

Brian and Erica couldn't do anything right on this leg. I don't know what's so hard about putting a car in gear and counting bells. I remain unimpressed by this team. I think the remaining teams all deserve to be there and it should be a good race from here on out.

Amy
The Poker Players weren't a strong team ... but they were smart.

Brian and Erica just had that "melt down" leg that everyone always has ... they will make it. The car gear shift thing is something that always happens ... Mercedes has and electronic gear shift, its not a normal automatic shifter ... if you haven't used one then it can be totally confusing.

brownie
11-02-2009, 06:54 AM
I was glad to see the Poker Players get eliminated. I've been waiting for them to go.

This has been a good race so far; I've been enjoying it.

thrillme
11-02-2009, 09:13 AM
My son kinda liked the poker players...I didn't mind them too much but they just could not preform last week. I really can't believe the bell was THAT hard to ring. Maria??? did not seem to be holding the mallet right at all...she was holding it way to close to the head. I wish the other girl would have "corrected" her. But no matter...it had to be somebody...and they did perform the most poorly.

I was really worried about "Pinky and the Dad". I like these guys. They seem to have a GREAT father son relationship and I love seeing that. BUT...when they "changed gears" because the son didn't want to "eat the fish"...ACK...Fortunately for them it worked out OK anyway.

TheDuckRocks
11-02-2009, 09:51 AM
That was a very fun show last night and thank goodness the poker players are gone. If they get rid of Brian and Erica next week I'll be very happy with any of the other teams winning.

bucky at disney
11-02-2009, 09:53 AM
That was a very fun show last night and thank goodness the poker players are gone. If they get rid of Brian and Erica next week I'll be very happy with any of the other teams winning.

:ditto:

Granny Jill A
11-02-2009, 11:16 AM
My son kinda liked the poker players...I didn't mind them too much but they just could not preform last week. I really can't believe the bell was THAT hard to ring. Maria??? did not seem to be holding the mallet right at all...she was holding it way to close to the head. I wish the other girl would have "corrected" her. But no matter...it had to be somebody...and they did perform the most poorly.

I was really worried about "Pinky and the Dad". I like these guys. They seem to have a GREAT father son relationship and I love seeing that. BUT...when they "changed gears" because the son didn't want to "eat the fish"...ACK...Fortunately for them it worked out OK anyway.

Loved last night's show, but felt bad for the Poker Girls. I understand that folks don't like the fact that the lied about who they were, but they did play a good game. I thought Brian and Erica were going to explode :mad: with the bell-counting task.

The Globetrotters are my favorite team after the awesome display of dancing skills. I'm also fond of Pinky and the Dad :D. They rock!

Buddy08
11-03-2009, 01:58 PM
You're right. Tiffany was close to ringing that bell several times where Maria didn't come even close. I think some tasks are just too hard for two women to accomplish. Imagine how tired your arms would be after swinging the bell mallet twice and trying to swing those golf clubs twice. It was their time to go, though. They almost got eliminated twice before so karma just caught up with them. I still like Megan and Cheyne but also like the globetrotters and "Pinky" and his dad. They seem to have a good relationship.

NotaGeek
11-04-2009, 12:18 AM
You're right. Tiffany was close to ringing that bell several times where Maria didn't come even close. I think some tasks are just too hard for two women to accomplish. Imagine how tired your arms would be after swinging the bell mallet twice and trying to swing those golf clubs twice. It was their time to go, though. They almost got eliminated twice before so karma just caught up with them. I still like Megan and Cheyne but also like the globetrotters and "Pinky" and his dad. They seem to have a good relationship.
Karma implies they did something wrong ... I think they ran a really strong race, its just that point where anyone can lose if there's 1 thing they do wrong ... it does seem that the teams with 2 women always have some task that is strength oriented ... one of those things you would need to consider when applying for the race -- your partner choice TOTALLY matters.

JanetMegan
11-04-2009, 11:23 AM
I think the karma comment was directed towards the fact that they lied to the other teams about who they were in the beginning...

I felt pretty bad for the poker girls, they sort of grew on me and did seem at a total disadvantage when it came to both of those tasks this week-somehow it just didn't seem quite fair...but it is a game...

Ian
11-04-2009, 04:22 PM
It wasn't the poker girls that had the issue ... it was Maria. She was complete dead weight. Tiffany was busting her rear end to try and ring that bell and Maria wasn't even making an effort. It was like that the entire race ... look back in this thread to see how many times people mentioned Maria being lazy and making Tiffany do all the work.

I felt bad for Tiffany, because I think with another partner she could have gone far. But with Maria acting as an anchor around her neck, she had no shot.

I know it was just a bad day for Erica, but I like her a lot less after I saw the way she treated Brian. I hope they're next to go just because of her, although I do like Brian.

Still putting all my support behind Flight and Big E ... this week's episode only reinforced the fact that they're my favorite racers of all time!

Melanie
11-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Still putting all my support behind Flight and Big E ... this week's episode only reinforced the fact that they're my favorite racers of all time!

"Get that camera out of my face! But did you see my dance?" :funny:

I became a fan of their Facebook page when TAR started, and just the other day I got a friend request from Flight. I guess he's friending everyone who became fans. :shrug: Anyway, he's very funny (as expected) and Maria, Tiffany, Megan,etc. are his friends as well and are piping in on his stuff. They all seem to be really close and like picking on each other.

MNNHFLTX
11-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm chiming in late here.

I was happy to see the Poker Players go--how could they not complete either of those tasks? (I guess that's easy for me to say, huh?)

I still like Flight Time and Big Easy, but they turned me off a bit by making fun of Mika with the other teams at the airport. That seemed kind of cruel and unnecessary. I do have to say that Flight Time's imitation of Erica ("Brian!") was spot on though. :shrug:

brownie
11-09-2009, 06:35 AM
I was glad to see last night was a non-elimination round. I really didn't want to see Gary & Matt eliminated. I thought it might be a non-elimination round since Phil didn't come tell them they were eliminated. They didn't give up, which up was good to see.

thrillme
11-09-2009, 08:39 AM
WHEW...I'm so glad Pinky and the Dad didn't get booted off. I was so hoping the "brothers" or "boyfriends" whatever they are would be the team that was out there for 10 hours and never finding it. They were so "annoying"

It's going to be tough to come back after a roadblock but...I've seen plenty of teams come through.

I still can't fault the Globetrotters for making fun of the girl. She should have been on Amazing Race to begin with if she couldn't handle a water slide. They did apologize to her later...But I think I would have said something similar in the heat of the situation. I can't guarantee my "sweetness" when I'm thinking about how a million dollars will pay for my son's college, my house and help take care of my parents and in-laws...and she was literally standing in the way.

DisneyPrincess21
11-09-2009, 10:49 AM
WHEW...I'm so glad Pinky and the Dad didn't get booted off. I was so hoping the "brothers" or "boyfriends" whatever they are would be the team that was out there for 10 hours and never finding it. They were so "annoying"

They are brothers. :D

Mousefever
11-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Yes. Annoying brothers. Or maybe it's just the one brother.

I was so frustrated by the fact that Megan did the roadblock instead of Cheyne. Couldn't they tell that it was going to be extremely physical??? I don't know what they were not thinking!

Amy

Ian
11-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Just finished watching Sundays episode and I'm very happy with the result.

I was glad to see it was non-elim. I really like Pinky and the Dad, so I was happy they didn't get the boot. I'm also glad that Flight and Big E. finished first!! :thumbsup:

brownie
11-10-2009, 12:07 PM

Yes, they did not really rise to the occasion with the needle in the haystack challenge. I was hoping they'd be eliminated. They have fallen out of favor with me, so I hope they're eliminated in the next leg.

Ian
11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Yes, they did not really rise to the occasion with the needle in the haystack challenge. I was hoping they'd be eliminated. They have fallen out of favor with me, so I hope they're eliminated in the next leg.I know and I thought Pinky's Dad really rose to the occasion. I was just so happy it was a non-elim leg, because he worked so hard and just kept at it.

It would have been really easy to give up when you were so obviously last, but they kept pushing on. I really respected them for that.

NotaGeek
11-10-2009, 01:51 PM
So why exactly are people down on the brothers now? They acted exactly like brothers -- I loved how when the Sam found the flag and came off the field Dan tried to get emotional and apologize and Sam just nudged him and said "I'll race you to the finish" and off they ran ... that's what brothers do. Oh yeah, and they are cute.

Ian
11-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I dunno ... they didn't bother me really, although I did wonder if Dan was ever going to get a clue and shut up.

But having a brother myself, I thought they behaved like brothers always behaved. I thought their finish was pretty touching, too. They really seemed to know what they want to get out of the race above and beyond the million dollars.

If anything, I like them a little more than I did before last Sunday's episode.

Mousefever
11-11-2009, 07:57 AM
So why exactly are people down on the brothers now? They acted exactly like brothers -- I loved how when the Sam found the flag and came off the field Dan tried to get emotional and apologize and Sam just nudged him and said "I'll race you to the finish" and off they ran ... that's what brothers do. Oh yeah, and they are cute.

I do actually like the one brother, Sam. He doesn't yell all the time, which Dan seems to do. He's also much cuter, in my opinion. I usually support teams based on personality and gamesmanship. The teams that yell and put each other down are usually not high on my list of favorite teams. It was cute when Dan came around and realized that he had been out of line though.

Amy

missymouseworld
11-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Sorry to see the father/son team eliminated last night....however, when pinky was looking for the candelabra, that was funny. So, who is the winner going to be? 4 teams left.

Buddy08
11-16-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm pulling for Megan and Cheyne or the globetrotters. Just not a big fan of the beauty queen and Brian or the brothers.

TheDuckRocks
11-16-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm pulling for Megan and Cheyne or the globetrotters. Just not a big fan of the beauty queen and Brian or the brothers.

:ditto: The Globetrotters make me laugh every week and Meagan and Cheyne have really run an excellent race. Miss America and Brian have always annoyed me. After the behavior of the brothers the last 2 weeks I do not want to see them win, why have they changed over to playing mean?

Granny Jill A
11-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Sorry to see the father/son team eliminated last night....however, when pinky was looking for the candelabra, that was funny. So, who is the winner going to be? 4 teams left.

I was sorry about Pinky and the Dad getting the boot. I was surprised that Pinky couldn't figure out what a candelabra was, but when you're in a foreign country, you can be confused by the simplest things.

Now I'm rooting for the Globetrotters.

MNNHFLTX
11-16-2009, 05:43 PM
But having a brother myself, I thought they behaved like brothers always behaved. I thought their finish was pretty touching, too. They really seemed to know what they want to get out of the race above and beyond the million dollars.I don't know--I've got a brother and two sisters and we haven't behaved like that to one another since we were kids. Of course, we haven't been in a situation like the Amazing Race together either, but I can't picture screaming at each other even under duress. :shrug:

I'm mostly ambivalent about the brothers--same thing with Miss America and hubby. And I'm getting that way about Flight Time and Big Easy. That scene on the boardwalk was something. I played it back a few times and it just looked like Flight Time slipped and fell against Dan. I didn't see any pushing or elbowing and I don't think either team earned the right to call foul at the pit stop.

Still like Megan and Cheyenne the best. Some people I talk to complain that they're boring, I guess because they don't spend a lot of energy yelling at each other or getting flustered. But they work as a team very well and yet are very competitive too.

Ian
11-17-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't know--I've got a brother and two sisters and we haven't behaved like that to one another since we were kids. Of course, we haven't been in a situation like the Amazing Race together either, but I can't picture screaming at each other even under duress. :shrug:Hey I said "brothers" not "brothers and sisters."

It's a whoooooooooooooooole different animal. Trust me on this!

Anyway, I was bummed to see Pinky and the Dad go last night, but it was their time. They've struggled mightily the last two legs and it finally caught up with them (as it should have). I mean really? A "can-dell-a-bruh???" To quote ESPN, "Come on, man!"

Still totally on the Globetrotters bandwagon, but I'd be okay with Meghan and Cheyne or the brothers winning, as well. Both teams have run an "amazing race" and certainly deserve to be there at the end.

Can't say I'm lovin' the beauty queen, though. She's just a bit too high maintenance for me.

Melanie
11-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Can't say I'm lovin' the beauty queen, though. She's just a bit too high maintenance for me.

She's a beauty queen. ;)

Ian
11-17-2009, 12:51 PM
She's a beauty queen. ;)Ha ha ha ha ... Touche, Mel! Touche!

Goofster
11-17-2009, 02:40 PM
I haven't been that high on the Globetrotters since they took advantage of that girl's fear of water and heights on the water slide. They should've just kept their mouths shut and waited for the time to run out...instead they taunted her and manipulated her fear. That, for me, was going too far and I'm not rooting for them to win.

c&d
11-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I was sorry to see Pinky and Dad go. I really liked them.

There really isn't a team I don't like that's still in the race. Usually by this point I'm rooting really hard against a team but since the poker girls lost I don't have any teams I'm rooting against.

thrillme
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
I was sorry about Pinky and the Dad getting the boot. I was surprised that Pinky couldn't figure out what a candelabra was, but when you're in a foreign country, you can be confused by the simplest things.

Now I'm rooting for the Globetrotters.

HA HA...I have to admit...my very own husband turned to me and asked me what a candelabra was. I had to laugh.

Yes..I'm going for the Globetrotters too. I kinda wouldn't mind the Meghan and Cheyanne either. They've played a good game.

The Globetrotters are "jocks" (well kinda)...they "trash" talk. The Mika or whatever her name was on the slide...she already had PLENTY of time to get it in gear. I understand she was afraid...but part of life is closing your eyes and plunging ahead...it's NOT like she was jumping out of an airplane. I still say...she had no business being there...she KNEW there were going to be challenges. Besides...they admitted in a later interview that the Globetrotter "apologized"...they felt it was sincere and she really did NOT see herself going down regardless of how much time she had.

The brothers and their arguing thing...well...what can I say...I'm an ONLY child...I really can't relate. My son's an only child...sometimes he argues with the cat but the cat ALWAYS wins.

DisneyPrincess21
11-18-2009, 12:29 PM
My son's an only child...sometimes he argues with the cat but the cat ALWAYS wins.

:funny: :rotfl:

MNNHFLTX
11-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Well, I just got caught up with last night's TAR and was underwhelmed with the show and the ending. That they made this a non-elimination leg and Brian and Ericka continue on (for now) is ridiculous. Personally I think Ericka was ready to throw in the towel last night (her lackluster effort in looking for the miniature instrument was especially telling). Anyway, I don't hold out much hope for them for next week, but maybe they'll suprise me.

Other I'm still in Megan and Cheyne's camp. They continue to run a good race.

TheDuckRocks
11-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Drat! A non-elim show, I was so wanting those 2 gone.:thedolls:

Buddy08
11-23-2009, 01:37 PM
I was sorry that Brian and Erica didn't get eliminated also but Erica's does seem like she is giving up, moving so slowly through every challenge. With an extra task they don't seem to have much hope of continuing next week. I think everyone's nerves are getting a little frazzled.

Granny Jill A
11-25-2009, 01:04 PM
I was sorry that Brian and Erica didn't get eliminated also but Erica's does seem like she is giving up, moving so slowly through every challenge. With an extra task they don't seem to have much hope of continuing next week. I think everyone's nerves are getting a little frazzled.

I wouldn't be sad to see these two go next week. My vote is still with the Globetrotters, but I do admire Megan and Cheyne for their smarts in running a good race. The brothers can go anytime, too.

Granny Jill A
11-25-2009, 01:08 PM
The Mika or whatever her name was on the slide...she already had PLENTY of time to get it in gear. I understand she was afraid...but part of life is closing your eyes and plunging ahead...it's NOT like she was jumping out of an airplane. I still say...she had no business being there...she KNEW there were going to be challenges. Besides...they admitted in a later interview that the Globetrotter "apologized"...they felt it was sincere and she really did NOT see herself going down regardless of how much time she had.

The high point of this whole race for me was listening to Mika freak out. I agree that she had no business signing up if she was afraid of EVERYTHING.

Melanie
11-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Aaaaaaah!!! I know I wasn't there, and I know at one time Big Easy said he'd been there 2.5 hours, but seriously? They didn't think he could get it in that 4 hour penalty time? Wow. It's a shame, because they were my favorite team. I'm pulling for Megan and Cheynne all the way now. They deserve it tenfold over the remaining teams.

We were really hoping that Sam and Dan's broken arm and Brian and Erika using a taxi during the lager challenge would have given them a penalty. :( Once again, the brothers annoyingly go on and on with each other and I think Erika went a little too far with her 'ugly American' thing. Oh well, I'll be in WDW next Sunday, so I won't be too sorry to have to watch the finale on my DVR later in the week. ;)

Mousefever
11-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Aaaaaaah!!! I know I wasn't there, and I know at one time Big Easy said he'd been there 2.5 hours, but seriously? They didn't think he could get it in that 4 hour penalty time? Wow. It's a shame, because they were my favorite team. I'm pulling for Megan and Cheynne all the way now. They deserve it tenfold over the remaining teams.

We were really hoping that Sam and Dan's broken arm and Brian and Erika using a taxi during the lager challenge would have given them a penalty. :( Once again, the brothers annoyingly go on and on with each other and I think Erika went a little too far with her 'ugly American' thing. Oh well, I'll be in WDW next Sunday, so I won't be too sorry to have to watch the finale on my DVR later in the week. ;)

You must be in my brain! I was going to say everything you said, including the Aaaaaah! at the beginning! I wish I could also say that I'll be in WDW next Sunday. Oh well.

Go Megan and Cheynne!

Amy

Melanie
11-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Just saw an interesting spoiler regarding TARs next season:

:spoiler:

Someone is claiming they saw Jeff and Jordan (from this past summer's season of Big Brother) at LAX filming the show.

NotaGeek
11-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Taking a4 hour penalty to solve a 5 word puzzle is the most stupid thing I have ever seen on the race ... and even though Dan didn't play with the most integrity, I don't know if I would have even tried. You would seriously thought they were trying to solve a level 10 Soduku -- I mean Dan gave him the first letter ... that really narrows down the options. :huh:

I thought it was weird we had 2 episodes in Prague and from the previews there's no WDW coming up ... weird.

Melanie
11-29-2009, 11:17 PM
I thought it was weird we had 2 episodes in Prague and from the previews there's no WDW coming up ... weird.

I thought the WDW thing was supposed to be for last season?

NJDad
11-30-2009, 06:08 AM
It's kinda, um, amazing, that you couldn't come up with F R A N Z if spotted the F.

Didn't really think they had any kind of chance once that happened, although the 3rd team did finish after sunup.

I would have been an ugly American at that point too, toting beer across town on foot with drunks annoying me.

Melanie
11-30-2009, 06:16 AM
I guess the other racers are teasing Big Easy now. Megan said this to Flight on his Facebook page:

Good job Flight Time. Ahhh so sad watching you guys lay on those steps. Cant wait to see you and Franz in NYC in a few days. Love you both!

Granny Jill A
11-30-2009, 08:22 AM
I felt so bad for the Globe Trotters last night. I was hoping they would keep trying to solve the FRANZ puzzle, but it was not to be.

I was really hoping for the Bickering Brothers to get the boot. They get on my last nerve.

And what's with Lady Attitude? I know she's a beauty queen, but i don't know how Brian puts up with that.

I'm rooting for Megan & Cheyne because they are playing an excellent game so far.

MNNHFLTX
11-30-2009, 08:45 AM
I thought the WDW thing was supposed to be for last season?That's what I remember too.

I could not believe that Big Easy could not solve that word puzzle and that the Globetrotters opted for the time penalty. Why not go out trying rather than sitting around on some steps for four hours??? :confused:

Other notes--I think Brian and Ericka somewhat redeemed themselves on this leg. I was glad that Brian didn't give in to Ericka wanting to switch tasks after spilling all their beer on that first go-round. Can you imagine her trying to tote one of those whatever-they-were coated in plaster? Also I decided that Dan is mainly the one that annoys me on his team (although I did not blame him one bit for not telling Flight Time the answer--I mean, they're approaching the end of the race and no one should give it away to another team!)

The producers of the show have to have set up one of those "equalizing" situations (everyone waiting for the same flight at the airport, for example) for the last leg of the trip, otherwise it appears that Megan and Cheyne are a slam-dunk for winning. Wonder where in the states the race ends?

Ian
11-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Aaaaaaah!!! I know I wasn't there, and I know at one time Big Easy said he'd been there 2.5 hours, but seriously? They didn't think he could get it in that 4 hour penalty time? Wow. It's a shame, because they were my favorite team. I'm pulling for Megan and Cheynne all the way now. They deserve it tenfold over the remaining teams.Yeah, I was pretty much slack jawed ( :jaw: ) over that whole episode with the Globetrotters. For Easy to think he couldn't come up with that word in less than four hours ... that's just ridiculous. I hate to say it, but they deserve to go home after that decision.

Think about it ... he knew "F" was the first letter. From there it becomes a very simple exercise of just running down the balance of the combinations. I loved those guys, but they were not very bright. They struggled mightily any time there was a brain teaser involved.

Anyway, I'm totally behind Meghan and Cheyne now. They're running an incredible race and they far and away deserve to win over the other two teams.

At first I was kinda okay with Sam and Dan, but the truth is Dan now irritates me beyond belief and I'm actively rooting against them. I feel bad for Sam, because I think he's a really good guy. But Dan? Not so much ... plus they've been pretty shady these last two legs.

Mousefever
11-30-2009, 12:34 PM
The producers of the show have to have set up one of those "equalizing" situations (everyone waiting for the same flight at the airport, for example) for the last leg of the trip, otherwise it appears that Megan and Cheyne are a slam-dunk for winning. Wonder where in the states the race ends?

The trailer from next week's episode seems to indicate they end in Vegas.

Amy

thrillme
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
I was a little surprised too that the Globetrotters "gave up". In 4 hours surely they could of kept trying.

I really can't stand the "brothers"...sorry ya'll I'm an only child...no siblings...I really can't relate to the "shut up" garbage. They are NOT 10 and 12 they are grown men and it's time they start acting like it. I think they should have had a "penalty" for delivering a "damaged" product. Just for all their sniping I would have LOVED to seem them drag the "man" ALL the way back and start on a new one. If I was their mamma you can bet that's what would have happened.

Beauty Queen aka "Lady Attitude" was quite an embarassment. She was so RUDE. I'm trying to keep an open mind that she was "stressed" but...sigh. The people were SUPPOSED to hassle them...that was part of the challenge...did she really think it was going to be a "cake walk". :beer: I didn't mind HIM so much...he did well the whole day yesterday but HER...grrr.:mad:

Ugh...hopefully Meghan and Cheyanne are going to "take it". I like them...they get a bit snippy ever so often but at least they both apologized and admitted being "stressed".

NJDad
12-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Big Easy says in an interview or two that he wrote "FRANZ" down on his list fairly early and thought it was one of the first few he submitted. Said he was exhausted and the ringing phones made it hard to concentrate.

bucky at disney
12-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Big Easy says in an interview or two that he wrote "FRANZ" down on his list fairly early and thought it was one of the first few he submitted. Said he was exhausted and the ringing phones made it hard to concentrate.

I thought I heard him mention something about that during the show. I'm sad to see them go - they sure made the trip interesting!

c&d
12-03-2009, 11:58 AM
I was bummed to see the Globetrotters out. If I remember his first letter was F so I figured he would get it really quickly. I told DH that's good he can now stick the R after it and get the word, but alas no.

What the heck were they thinking on taking the 4 hour penalty.

brownie
12-04-2009, 09:33 PM
I was sorry to see the Globetrotters get eliminated. I was hoping the brothers got the ax this week. Their golem had a broken arm; I wouldn't have accepted it!

Ian
12-06-2009, 09:32 PM
All in all a very satisfying ending to a great season of TAR. This may go down as one of my favorite groups of racers.

Can't wait til next season starts ... should only be a little over a month!! :D

Granny Jill A
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I am jumping for joy - Megan and Cheyne came from behind and won the race. I thought they were done for when they couldn't figure out they needed the Monte Carlo hotel. Kudos to Cheyne for overcoming his fear of heights and doing the face-down rappel.

Hooray for Brian for keeping it together when Ericka had her meltdown on the flower-catching task, but he shouldn't have given in to her idea of switching out. :fit::fit:

I was amazed at how difficult the chip-counting task was for two couples. Megan & Cheyne just blasted through it by cooperating, although she needed to shut up, just a little.:blah:

As for the Kilkenny Cats (aka Sam and Dan) - I'm surprised they finished 2nd. Their mother must be so proud. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the new season to begin. I love this show.

jonsmom
12-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Kudos to Meghan and Cheyne, they were always respectful of each other and they never lost their temper with each other, unlike some couples from past seasons.

I think Brian should have bounced his wife right out the roof!

NotaGeek
12-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Kudos to Meghan and Cheyne, they were always respectful of each other and they never lost their temper with each other, unlike some couples from past seasons.

I think Brian should have bounced his wife right out the roof!
They fought .. and she complained and they made mistakes just like everyone. They were never my favorites but they sailed through the last task and totally deserved the win for they way they ran the race.

I like both the other teams and think that the stress of the race can make people do crazy stuff, that doesn't mean they aren't good people or didn't try. Dan and Sam ran the race, and did what they needed to do at the time ... they kind of changed the face of the race a bit. I always found it strange that the people tried to be so nice to each other.

MNNHFLTX
12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
I was totally satisfied with the ending--Megan and Cheyne worked hard the entire race and never gave up, as evidenced by how many legs they won. I still find Dan annoying (or maybe it's just his voice--kind of whiny), but he and Sam deserved to be there too. Ericka was a victim of her inability to handle frustration during that Cirque de Soleil task, but at least they eventually got it done. I hope that her family sees him (Brian) as a good guy, because I think he was pretty even-keeled and patient with her.

brownie
12-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm glad Megan & Cheyne won. They were a very good team. I'm also glad that Sam & Dan didn't win.