PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the British Invasion recently?

dreaming of wdw
09-09-2009, 08:16 PM
I heard they are now playing songs by other British bands in addition to the Beatles. Is this true?

UCJen
09-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Yes, but they only play about 2 or 3 other non-Beatle songs--towards the end of the set. We were there about 3 weeks ago.

The one I explicitly remember was, "There's a Kind of Hush." Is that Herman's Hermits? I can't remember the others, but everyone seemed to enjoy the songs, nonetheless.

Phantod
09-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Yep, absolutely....that's Peter Noone (otherwise known as Herman). "No Milk Today" is still my favorite H and the H song tho.

nicster
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I was so glad to hear (pun, not intended) that they will expand their repertoire. Only 10 days 15 hours left to go... tic tic tic

Disneycrazed
09-09-2009, 09:57 PM
They also played some Rolling Stones.

TheRustyScupper
09-10-2009, 08:05 AM
They also played some Rolling Stones.

1) Yep.
2) Fortunately they PLAY the Stones songs.
3) And not try to replicate them.
4) Can you imagine a 64-year-old shirtless rocker at WDW?

Phantod
09-10-2009, 10:47 AM
4) Can you imagine a 64-year-old shirtless rocker at WDW?

Ouch, I didn't need that picture in my head this morning. :)

VolMickey
09-10-2009, 11:07 AM
We've never seen them but my DW is a Beatles-Freak! Loves the music and the band. Is it worth changing our plans to see them, if we're scheduled to go to another park on a day they're booked to play? I guess I mean, are they REALLY good? We saw a group called "Rain" in Memphis last year, and they were really good.

Scott C
09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
We've never seen them but my DW is a Beatles-Freak! Loves the music and the band. Is it worth changing our plans to see them, if we're scheduled to go to another park on a day they're booked to play? I guess I mean, are they REALLY good? We saw a group called "Rain" in Memphis last year, and they were really good.

Yes -- GO -- and don't be afraid to sing along

Thanks
Scott C

magicofdisney
09-10-2009, 01:40 PM
We were at Epcot a couple of weeks ago. There was a band back behind the UK playing Beatles songs. There is a flower garden area back there. They were set up in a gazebo area. Could that have been them?

My family and I were bee-bopping and singing along. How do you find out their schedule? We'll be back in a couple of weeks and I'd love to catch them again.

VolMickey
09-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Found a website that was updated last week noting the following:

"The British Invasion
1960's British rock-n-roll revival.
Sunday-Tuesday, Thursday & Friday at 3:00, 4:30, 6:00, 7:00 & 8:00pm
Length of show: 20 minutes"

It was an unofficial website, so you may need to call or check the Epcot show schedules directly.

kemps@wdw
09-12-2009, 11:53 PM
LOVE the British Invasion! :rocker: It's one of the reasons that UK is one ouf our fave places in the World. We always make time to catch them. Kicked back w/a cold one :beer: on a park bench on a beautiful Oct afternoon, jammin on the sounds of The Beatles...what could be better? :cloud9:

IamBelle
09-13-2009, 01:37 PM
We saw them during out trip this Aug. they are really good!! My dad loves the Beatles and really enjoyed it!!