PDA

View Full Version : Delux Resort Question

Disney4us2
09-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I know on the deluxe resorts you have an inside hall way. At certain deluxe like Poly they have different buildings. Are the entrances to the building with a door that you open or are they the sliding doors?

Also for the deluxes with elevators (AKL etc) are the big enough to fit an ECV?

I will be using a walker and an ECV. We have been to AS Movies and the doors to the resort were the sliding glass doors.

Thanks.... just trying to plan way in advance of our next trip wether or not to stay at a deluxe/moderate/or back to ASMovies.:mickey:

cather74
09-09-2009, 05:08 PM
The Poly had sliding glass doors in the middle of each building and regular doors at the end.
The elevtor was also pretty big so you should be fine there. :mickey: I would imagine the others are the same.

Tigerinvestigator
09-09-2009, 11:12 PM
The Poly and GF are the same with automatic sliding doors in the middle of the bldgs.:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
09-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Maybe the Tahiti longhouse is different from most of the other Poly longhouses because it's newer, but we definitely had the "automatic" sliding glass doors upon the 3rd floor leading to the outside stairway nearest the Great Ceremonial House. This was a doorway at the end of the building, not in the middle of the building.

gueli
09-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Poly can accomodate ecv's. we were on the top floor (3rd?) and a 'neighbor' of ours had 2 ecv's parked outside their door each night.

In anycase, disney is very disabled access friendly. just make sure whatever resort knows about your needs before you arrive
:mickey::truck:

Disney4us2
09-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Thanks everyone,

This is the first time I will need the walker/ECV at WDW:( I had back surgery after my last trip and now disabled. Can't wait to come back and have some good times.:mickey:

andreallybadeggs
09-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks everyone,

This is the first time I will need the walker/ECV at WDW:( I had back surgery after my last trip and now disabled. Can't wait to come back and have some good times.:mickey:

Sorry to hear that-- sounds like a trip to Disney is just what you need.:thumbsup: