PDA

View Full Version : Disney are you listening, I have an idea...

Marker
09-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Just had an idea...

Was talking to my daughter about online checkin and thought of this. Wouldn't it be cool, if while you were at home doing your online check-in prior to heading down, if you could get a fast-pass. Pick the ride and get and get just one (per person) fastpass good for check-in day only.

That way, when you arrive, you could head for the selected attraction, perhaps Soarin', or Toy Story Mania, or Expedition Everest, and get your vacation started right.

From the business side, it would encourage people to go ahead and go to the parks on check-in day rather than blowing that day with other activities.

I think it sounds like a good idea.

DWHUBBY
09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
don't bother...I had an idea for DVC so I sent it to them. A couple days later I got a cold e-mail back from the legal department basically saying "if they didn't think of it, the idea will not be considered". I thought it was pretty tasteless for a company that touts customer service.

SBETigg
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
This is apparently how they protect themselves from lawsuits, by refusing to even look at unsolicited ideas. It's sad, but I blame a litigious public more than I blame Disney. They have to protect the brand.

But hey, if they happen to be on a message board and see the idea floating around, who knows. :) Still, I don't like the idea, Marker. I have no problem with going to get the Fastpass myself once I get into the park. The central FP kiosk idea is pretty handy, but this? It could become like making ADRs to go on the rides. What a nightmare! And then do they give advantage to guests staying onsite or how do they handle it? Would it begin to seem elitist? Just thinking of how it changes a system that already works for me makes me hesitant to embrace the idea.

Marker
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh, I don't expect a response from Disney, it was just an idea I had that I thought would be a pretty cool idea.

And hey, if someone from Disney wants to take the idea and run with it, more power to them, it's all theirs.

cather74
09-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I think it's a great idea! Nice job!:thumbsup:

PirateLover
09-09-2009, 06:00 PM
I kinda like it:thumbsup:

BMan62
09-09-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't think it would fly anyway -- there are way too many people that get in after the parks close on their arrival day. This wouldn't be fair to them.

seanyred
09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I like the idea...but my over analytical mind jumps right to counterfeit and duplicate fast passes...I know they are free but if someone mass produced them that could cause huge problems.

But I still think its a good a idea.

TheRustyScupper
09-10-2009, 08:14 AM
From the business side, it would encourage people to go ahead and go to the parks on check-in day rather than blowing that day with other activities.

1) But, what is the advantage?
2) If you want to got to the parks, you would either way.
3) If no Fast Pass, you might spend money elsewhere.
4) It would reduce the number of Fast Passes available at the park.
5) This would inconvenience those who got to the parks early.
6) Rides do not have infinite capacity.
7) Once the ratio of Fast Passes are used, then no more can be issued.

NOTE: On the surface, it sounds like a good idea. But, remember, when it comes to Disney, "Every Silver Lining Has a Cloud".

Jasper
09-10-2009, 09:33 AM
I agree that on the surface it sounds like a good idea but when you start to work out the details I am not so sure how well it would actually work for any number of reasons.

On another note, it is truly sad that the world is so lawsuit happy that a company like Disney has to protect itself by ignoring good ideas just because they are unsolicited ideas from the general public. However, I can understand that with all the legal action that gets launched against them each year why they have to do it.

Aurora
09-10-2009, 01:27 PM
FYI: Here's the legalese posted on the D23 website, which I'm sure is standard language for the rest of the company as well:

NOTICE: We are pleased to hear from our guests and welcome your questions. However, be advised that our company policy does not allow us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those that we have specifically requested. Please read our Terms of Use (updated 05/06/08) including those regarding Submissions.

TheVBs
09-10-2009, 07:57 PM
For whatever it's worth, I have a friend who was interested in presenting an idea for a product line (he's a graphic artist). I emailed Disney to ask where someone would submit such an idea and they responded with an address! I don't know if a product line idea is different somehow?

mousetrapper
09-26-2009, 05:55 PM
For whatever it's worth, I have a friend who was interested in presenting an idea for a product line (he's a graphic artist). I emailed Disney to ask where someone would submit such an idea and they responded with an address! I don't know if a product line idea is different somehow?

My DD had a POTC merchandise idea after the first movie came out. We were in the gift shop after the ride that year and we were looking for the necklace Elizabeth Swann wore - the one with the skull token like the one in TheVBs' avatar picture. I told her, "You know Disney will be selling those!" We couldn't believe it, but they didn't have them!

My DD wrote to Disney explaining her idea. She received the detailed letter with her original letter back in the mail, citing legal reasons they couldn't accept her idea or keep her letter.

Lo and behold, Disney started selling the necklaces. I know others must have had the same idea and wrote to Disney about it, but it made us wonder nonetheless.

I can understand where Disney is coming from on this, though.

BluewaterBrad
09-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Nice try.:mickey:

TheVBs
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
My DD had a POTC merchandise idea after the first movie came out. We were in the gift shop after the ride that year and we were looking for the necklace Elizabeth Swann wore - the one with the skull token like the one in TheVBs' avatar picture. I told her, "You know Disney will be selling those!" We couldn't believe it, but they didn't have them!

My DD wrote to Disney explaining her idea. She received the detailed letter with her original letter back in the mail, citing legal reasons they couldn't accept her idea or keep her letter.

Lo and behold, Disney started selling the necklaces. I know others must have had the same idea and wrote to Disney about it, but it made us wonder nonetheless.

I can understand where Disney is coming from on this, though.

Good for her for trying! :mickey: You simply never know unless you try. I was shocked that they responded with an address, but I have not heard back about how his submission went.

disneyworld55925592
09-29-2009, 10:46 AM
I love the idea! When you arrive to Disney in the afternoon you wouldnt normally go into the parks that day because you know you wouldnt get on any rides. I might reconsider if I knew I could get on my favorite ride!

lockedoutlogic
09-29-2009, 03:36 PM
there is no upside for Disney on this idea...

1. You don't have to "encourage" people to run directly to a park...that's whay 99% of them do anyway....flight permitting
And since most travelers use length of stay passes or annuals (by disney design)..."wasting a ticket" is not a concern
2. The next evolution of the fast pass will most likely be some sort of tiered pay system...not free to the home...
Why? because WDW is there to make money...something apparently almost everyone either ignores or forgets (disnesia)
3.There would be so much waste in fast pass...and it's easily to illustrate:
Family X goes for their "advance" fast pass...they get the "best" that is available at the time....say it's everest or rocknroller coaster...
Family X then travels to florida and what do they do first? they run to magic kingdom or EPCOT for fireworks as most do...waste of pass.
4. As pointed out by several here....there's just no need or value to disney to do this....it's really just wishful thinking