PDA

View Full Version : Italy Pre Trip Report

NJGIRL
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
We have 30 days before we leave for Italy in October! I am not looking forward to the long flight but am excited about going.

Cast:
Me
DH
DS...11yrs old
DM
DF

We are spending two weeks split up in Venice, Rome, Sorrento, & Toarmina Sicily. My parents have been visiting twice a year for many years now so they ar experts. I let my mother plan the whole trip but did let her know what we wanted to see in each city. Will let everyone know how we did when we get back.

kdbianchini
09-09-2009, 03:52 PM
We just visited Italy in May and loved it! We are looking forward to visiting again. We did Rome, Florence and Venice. We really loved Venice, but it was hot there, not much of a breeze with the tight walkways. I must admit, the flight was aweful. It was overnight for us and we did not sleep at all. We did watch movies on the plane, so that kept us occupied. You are going to have so much fun.

NJGIRL
09-09-2009, 04:27 PM
We just visited Italy in May and loved it! We are looking forward to visiting again. We did Rome, Florence and Venice. We really loved Venice, but it was hot there, not much of a breeze with the tight walkways. I must admit, the flight was aweful. It was overnight for us and we did not sleep at all. We did watch movies on the plane, so that kept us occupied. You are going to have so much fun.

Thanks! Our flight is also at night. We are flying into Venice, then onto Rome, Sorrento and Sicily then back to Rome for a couple of days. We are leaving from Rome. No matter how much I fly I just never like it but I guess it's something I just have to do. Hopefully I will be able to sleep alittle.

SBETigg
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Very exciting! Looking forward to a report. Have a fantastic trip!

NJGIRL
09-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Very exciting! Looking forward to a report. Have a fantastic trip!

Thanks, but hearing about their big meals and late night eating habits I am thinking that I probably will come back from the trip 10lbs heavier.:blush: