PDA

View Full Version : Question About Eating At Rainforest @ AK With An Allergy

DisneyPrincess21
09-08-2009, 03:11 PM
I know that Disney is supposed to be very good about keeping your food free of the ingredient that you are allergic to. But what I am wondering is, since rainforest cafe isn't a "Disney owned" restaurant, how good are they about keeping out the ingredient that you are allergic too? I am very allergic to garlic and onion, and if I eat the slightest bit I get very very sick for about 3 days. So I have to be extremely cautious of this in my regular life, but extra so at Disney because I don't want to be stuck in the hotel room sick.

I am willing to cancel the ADR if there is a good chance I could possibly have an allergic reaction from them not paying close attention to my allergy.

MNNHFLTX
09-08-2009, 04:14 PM
The Animal Kingdom Rainforest Cafe can accommodate special dining needs, just like all the other WDW restaurants. It would probably be best to have tha allergy noted ahead of time when you make your reservation. And ask to talk to a manager when you arrive at the restaurant to make sure your needs are met.

In general, all the Rainforest Cafes are accommodating to people with allergies. I dined at the one in Downtown Disney with a friend who had a child with peanut allergies and they seemed very thorough in making sure that his food was safe.