PDA

View Full Version : what to carry for candy at Mickeys Halloween?

Running_Bell
09-08-2009, 12:29 PM
I know I've asked many questions... thank you all for being so informative.... so here are a few more....:mickey:

What do kids carry to collect candy in? Are kids given bags? Do we supply our own buckets, bags? I can imagine, depending on size of bucket, it being difficult to take on rides.

Also... will there be adults dressed up too? We are planning to, but didn't want to stick out like sore thumbs.

tinksmom02
09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Everyone in your party (who wants one, anyway) is given a plastic bag for trick or treating.

You will find tons of people dressed up at the parties, children and adults alike. Have fun! Personally, I find it too hot to wear a costume...last year us adults wore matching T-shirts, and i think this year my dad had special T-shirts made up for all of us to wear to the party.

Running_Bell
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Thank you!!

Disney4us2
09-08-2009, 02:27 PM
You will get plastic bags. I would also bring some extras. We did the Halloween party at DCA,:mpumpkin: with all the candy we got we needed a lot of bags. :bat:

Some adults dress up.... I was Mrs. Potts. and Cruella DeVille on different years. I loved looking at all the adult costumes.... they really went all out. One family was dressed as The Incredibles.:blackcat:

Have fun:mpumpkin:

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Our Disney Store here has some really awesome Halloween bags right now. They are $2.50 and reusable. They would be great for trick or treating in the park. We love MNSSHP!! I actually bought 3 of them for when we go back again. I will keep them put up just for this. The characters on them are more adorable than the ones sold at the MNSSHP last year. The ones they hand out are not very big and are plastic. These ones are like the eco-friendly shopping bags. Nice size. Not too big, not too small.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

beksy
09-08-2009, 07:14 PM
This will be our first MNSSHP and we are so excited! :mpumpkin: :scrow: :mpumpkin: It will be my mom, my sister (21), and me (27). We are going to dress up as 3 of the 101 Dalmations. :trio: To keep it cool (since we all tend to be hot) and comfy we are going to wear white shorts or capris and white t-shirts and paint spots with black fabric paint. We ordered dalmation ears and a removable tail for each of us off the internet so the tail can come off for rides and sitting if necessary! Then we are going to get some black face paint to put a few spots on our faces and color our noses. Easy to pack and wear! We can't wait! :pumpkin: :hmghost:

If you fill up your bag, can you buy them in the park or get another? What kind of candy do they give? Chocolate?

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 07:30 PM
The last Mnsshp we went to, we didn't have our kids with us. The cast members asked us if we had kids at home and we said yes. They gave us three extra bags and filled them full of candy as we were leaving the MK. It was good candy, not the cheap stuff! We didn't have to carry them around, because they were handing them out as we were leaving.:thumbsup:

clausjo
09-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Like someone already said, they will give you bags. We've gone twice and both times the kids (and us!) were able to get more bags for candy. They give you good candy, too! Chocolates, air heads and other stuff that kids (and us!) really love. Unfortunately, we're not able to go this year, but we'll be there next year for sure!

Adults dress up, too, so you won't be a sore thumb at all. The first year we went, I didn't dress, but last year my husband and I were Daphane and Shaggy and my kids were Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. The best adult costumes I've seen was a group of adults without kids. They were dressed as Fast Passes! It was so clever.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I am going to try and remember what kind of candy we have gotten in the past.They were mini candy but, plenty of them!
M&M'(peanut&plain),Twiizzlers,Snickers,Peanut Butter Cups,Laffy Taffy,3 Muskateers,Ghridelli big chocolate,Kit Kats, lots of other candy too. We also got some darling character crayons, a sweet plastic character stencil and some tiny tattoos.
Make sure that you get your picture w/ Cinderellas Coach. There are some wonderful photo ops at MNSSHP!
Have a ball for us!!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

garthbarth1
09-08-2009, 09:28 PM
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=143440

Here is the thread I posted from last year (there is a similar one from two years ago) that lists they type of candy they pass out! Its such a great time, I cant wait to be there in a few weeks!!

Belster
09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
You will get plactic bags but in the gift shops they sell really cute bags for $5 with a purchase...and I can't remember the purchase amount minimum...but we get these because they are great beach bags or sleepover bags for the kids.

Rekenna
09-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I bought some of the re-useable Halloween bags from the Disney Store too-they are really nice-I haven't shown them to the kids yet, DS3 and DS2 like these bags to carry their important "stuff" around.:mickey:

PittFan
09-09-2009, 04:47 PM
This will be our first MNSSHP and we are so excited! :mpumpkin: :scrow: :mpumpkin: It will be my mom, my sister (21), and me (27). We are going to dress up as 3 of the 101 Dalmations. :trio: To keep it cool (since we all tend to be hot) and comfy we are going to wear white shorts or capris and white t-shirts and paint spots with black fabric paint. We ordered dalmation ears and a removable tail for each of us off the internet so the tail can come off for rides and sitting if necessary! Then we are going to get some black face paint to put a few spots on our faces and color our noses. Easy to pack and wear! We can't wait! :pumpkin: :hmghost:

If you fill up your bag, can you buy them in the park or get another? What kind of candy do they give? Chocolate?

We'll be there the same time as you, i'll have to keep my eye out for a trio of dalmations !!! :mickey:

barbiegirl314
09-10-2009, 11:41 AM
When we were there they gave us bags. The time we went DS was 6 and they gave him a bag and then handed DH and myself a bag, I said "adults get to trick or treat too?" and the CM told me that everyone is a child in the MK:cloud9:

Be prepared for LOTS of candy, when we were there the CM's were throwing handfuls of candy into our bags.

DS dressed up as Scooby Doo (it was his choice and he was the only one as you can probably imagine!) DH and I didn't realize that adults would be dressed up also, but next year when we go back (we have another DS now) we're all dressing up. I came up with a great theme for a family costume, I'm keeping it a secret though:secret:

Running_Bell
09-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks for all the great information....

My DH and I are going as pirates... his choice.. but it's okay with me. My DD (9) is going as minnie mouse... however, my DS (17) isn't "thrilled" about the idea of "dressing up".. but he said he would. He likes Jack Skellington... but the costumes are all long pants, long shirts...he wants to stay in shorts and Ts for the most part.... and won't paint his face.... Anybody have any ideas for guys that age? Thanks!