PDA

View Full Version : Need an offsite room for 1 night- suggestions?

Minniefan68
09-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi all!

We are going to extend our stay at the World for one night, but wanted to stay that 1st night at an inexpensive (but decent and relatively close) off-site.

Any recommendations? We haven't stayed off-site in years and don't know what's in the area.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 09:20 AM
If money is the issue in staying that one night off-site, I don't think it will pay off right now. The room only rates at the value resorts range from $55-$90/ night unless you are going during the Peak Holiday season. You can't beat that outside WDW and be safe. While there are nice hotels outside WDW you are not going to save much if any money. If money is not the issue, I would suggest a national chain and avoid the I-drive area which can be quite congested. Intercot has some great sponsors who are in the WDW vacinity and very nice.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
09-08-2009, 09:31 AM
We always arrive in WDW the day before our actual onsite stay starts. We've stayed at the Country Inn and Suites on Apopka Vineland Road in the DTD area for the past few times, and loved it.

AAA rate for a night is about $79 - $89 dollars (depends). I have some points banked up, so I got a room for $59 on 12/2 this year.

We've always found all Country Inns to be clean, safe, and friendly. Free breakfast is included, and we get free wi-fi in the lounge. They have ample parking that is well lit and safe.

It's always so much fun getting up bright and early the next morning and heading to our hotel to check in! :cloud9:

ldc12377
09-08-2009, 10:05 AM
I would suggest the Motel 6 main gate west on 192. It's nothing fancy but it is cheap, close to the World and, most importantly, CLEAN... We spent the night there before checking in at WDW. We spent around $35 and that was at the end of May and it took us less than five minutes to get to POP from the hotel. We were very impressed.
Also they offer connecting rooms which is hard to find in Motel 6 hotels.

buzznwoodysmom
09-08-2009, 11:07 AM
We've always found staying in one of the values is a great option for one night. We always arrive one night prior to our official check in and we always opt to stay in either a value or at Shades of Green, and once stayed at one of the downtown disney resorts.

Patricia
09-08-2009, 11:15 AM
I'd try a Downtown Disney resort http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/
You can walk over to DDT that evening, if time permits, for a snack or a little shopping.

Regal Sun, Buena Vista Palace and Hilton are all across the street from DDT. Regal Sun usually has the best prices.

Ian
09-08-2009, 11:20 AM
I can't believe that, right now, you couldn't find just as good a rate at Pop Century or one of the All-Stars (or maybe even one of the Port Orleans resorts!) as you can offsite.

Disney has some amazing discounts available right now. A friend only paid like $89 a night for a room at POFQ last week.

Minniefan68
09-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi Intercot Friends,
I recently asked about a cheap and clean off-site hotel for a one night stay (before we begin out stay at the World). Thanks for the suggestions.

Now I need to know of any pet-friendly place as my mom is coming and bringing her little dog (20lbs). during the rest of our stay, Sam the dog will be at the kennels near EPCOT.

Thanks,
Cheryl

andreallybadeggs
09-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista and the
Motel 6 East Gate both show as pet friendly.
If you decide to stay at a WDW value, I would assume you could kennel the dog a day earlier.
Love Disney and don't often want to take our dog with us anyway but there have been some times I wish they had pet friendly accommodations. Universal's hotels apparently really cater to those who want to bring Fido.
Have a good trip.