PDA

View Full Version : How long for breakfast at Chef Mickey's?

hope23
09-08-2009, 05:03 AM
How long do you think it generally takes to eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's? Then how long is it to get back to Magic Kingdom? Thanks!

wdwfansince75
09-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Once you are seated at Chef Mickey's, you are in comtrol of your time....We find that we usually spend about 1 hour enjoying the character meals, but could leave earlier if we chose....since we usually have 10 or more, we take more time with pictures, and just experiencing the magic.....If you are in a hurry, a half hour will usually let you eat, and experience at least one visit from each of the characters.

It takes no more than about 10 minutes to stroll over to the MK....On the monorail, I would say a maximum of 15 minutes.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-08-2009, 08:53 AM
It really depends on you once you are seated, however if you are trying to figure out timing of the entire meal, you need to think about your waiting times before you are even seated. If you are one of the first seatings of the morning, you will be in and out in 45 minutes. However, once you have to start waiting (and those waits can be LONG!) you need to factor that time in as well. If you are eating in the middle of a popular dining time, be prepared for waits of 30-45 minutes before you are seated. Just count it as a complete bonus if you are seating close to your ADR time!

hope23
09-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks! What time would you say the "wait" starts? We currently have a 7:25 ressie... I'm wondering if that will have a very long wait to be seated?

KylesMom
09-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks! What time would you say the "wait" starts? We currently have a 7:25 ressie... I'm wondering if that will have a very long wait to be seated? Since breakfast begins at 7:00 am, you shouldn't have too bad of a line as you won't be waiting for others in front of you to finish eating. We always allow 75 minutes at Chef Mickey's from check-in to exit, and that's always been plenty of time. We're usually out ahead of that.

If you are in a hurry to make it to MK opening, it takes about 10 minutes to get from Chef Mickey's to the gates of MK along the walking path. If you're taking the monorail, you're going to want to allow more time, especially near park opening when the monorails are SRO. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
1) Once you are seated, I would allow 1¼-1½ hours.
2) Yes, you can do it is 45-60 minutes.
3) But, that would be shoving the food down.
4) Also, all the princesses might not have come through.

5) Plus, one other consideration.
6) You just paid an exorbitant fee for eggs and sausage.
7) Do you really want to rush through it?
8) Who wants to pay $150 (family of four) for a simple meal then eat-and-run?

KylesMom
09-08-2009, 12:34 PM
4) Also, all the princesses might not have come through.
Rusty, I don't think Mickey, Donald, Pluto or Goofy would appreciate being called a princess :D

However, I agree with your sentiment about taking time to smell the coffee! :mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
One more note...while the monorail is always fun, we find we can walk to the MK from the Contemporary faster. It's a very nice walk over. If you have a 7:25AM breakfast, you should be at the park long before 9:00, if that is opening time.

We ate there last year, we had a 7:05AM ADR and were to the MK by 8:15AM. We still had a 45 minute wait til park opening. You should be just fine.

brian2000boston
09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Rusty, I don't think Mickey, Donald, Pluto or Goofy would appreciate being called a princess :D

However, I agree with your sentiment about taking time to smell the coffee! :mickey:

One never knows, LOL:blush:

we were there over an hour and saw all the characters 2-3 times.

TheRustyScupper
09-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Rusty, I don't think Mickey, Donald, Pluto or Goofy would appreciate being called a princess

Sorry. Insider's joke got away from me.

phillydan
09-10-2009, 10:22 AM
We had 7:30AM ressies and were seated right away. Including our meal and seeing all the characters, we were on our way within about 1 hour. There was a huge line waiting when we left, so I am assuming that the later ressies will have a bit of a wait.

Jasper
09-10-2009, 10:51 AM
As others have already said, it is not the time spent eating or the time getting to the Magic Kingdom that are the real problem, it is the wait time that can destroy your carefully crafted schedule. However, since you have an early seating you should be OK. The long wait time generally begins about 7:45-8:00 which only makes sense because that is when so many people with children tend to eat when on vacation. Just about any sit down restaurant at WDW works the same way, get an early or late ADR and you can cut your wait time considerably.

TheRustyScupper
09-10-2009, 02:51 PM
As others have already said, it is not the time spent eating or the time getting to the Magic Kingdom that are the real problem, it is the wait time that can destroy your carefully crafted schedule.

1) Of course, one must be on-time for ADR's.
2) Other than that, time should not really matter at WDW.
3) There really isn't anything else that is time-critical.