PDA

View Full Version : Pre-trip report, I think!

DisneyBarb
09-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Trying to get hubby convinced another trip is needed in Nov/Dec to see the decorations... Everything is priced out, but no ressies have been made. Kids are getting older (too quickly) and its been 2 years (which feels like 20!) since we have been there.

His argument - He is very out of shape due to a bad back (2 failed surgeries), he thinks it will be more pain than fun for him. I say, we can walk together every day for the next 2 months and he can rest as much as he wants while we are there.... (he has had a very bad back every trip)

Where - Poly
When - Right before Thanksgiving or right before Christmas
Why - you all know why or you wouldn't be on this website
Special plans - Start and finish with MK as always. Other than that, just take it all in and enjoy...

Any other things you can think of to convince hubby would be appreciated! I want to call our friends at MJ by the end of the week!

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 02:55 AM
What better way to rehabilitate and get in shape than motivation of an upcoming Disney trip! Sounds good to me. The Poly is my favorite resort and looks like you've got the fever now so there is no turning back. We will be there Dec. 17 and can't wait. Good luck on convincing your husband!:thumbsup:

Darbylew
09-10-2009, 11:20 AM
I know what you mean we were there in March
and I feel like it has been forever. We are going
November 10. Can't wait to get back in the
land of MICKEY and the MAGIC. :mickey:

faline
09-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Hope it all works out for you.

Jasper
09-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I have had 9 back surguries in the last 10 years so I know all about what your husband is feeling!! With 2 months of walking before you go your husbands back should be able to handle the walking fairly well. The other thing to do is to rent a wheelchair. We did this every other day that we were at WDW this past January and it was a real help!

I would recommend staying away from the powered wheel chairs because the tend to bounce a lot more than a wheel chair.

DisneyBarb
09-11-2009, 10:53 PM
We did get a powered wheel chair in the past.. thanks for the tip!

KylesMom
09-12-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm another soul whose had a few back surgeries due to a shattered L5/S1 . . . and for me, it's simply knowing when to relax before things get too bad. Preparing for the trip is half the battle - and the other half is trying to keep from standing in one place for too long. In other words, maximize FP & get into that comfy bed before 2 a.m. Good luck & let us know when you've contacted MJ! :mickey: