PDA

View Full Version : ? CSR is it a good resort to stay

Gayle
09-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi, we are planning for May of 2010. We usually stay at POP or WL. But thought we would consider CSR. We have never been. Will be a big group this time. Maybe 14 of us with one 7 year old with Downs syndrome. How are the rooms and resort in general. Is the food court good. How are the buses does it share with anyone. We are planning on taking my Father in Law who will be 88 first trip. Thanks for any help and info. :mickey::D

KatMark
09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi, we are planning for May of 2010. We usually stay at POP or WL. But thought we would consider CSR. We have never been. Will be a big group this time. Maybe 14 of us with one 7 year old with Downs syndrome. How are the rooms and resort in general. Is the food court good. How are the buses does it share with anyone. We are planning on taking my Father in Law who will be 88 first trip. Thanks for any help and info. :mickey::D

We love the CSR and we've chosen not to stay anywhere else (although we are doing a split stay with the AKL next year).

With that being said and just reading what you posted and the size of your gorup and your 88-year old father-in-law, if you want to go with a moderate, I think you might be better at the POFQ. The POFQ is the smallest of all the moderates and everything is very close together. The POR, and especially the CBR and CSR are very large resorts which do require some walking if you are in one of the farthest buildings.

We've always enjoyed the food court at the CSR, but it is a love/hate type of place. And it is quite expensive if you are not on the dining plan (the Pepper Market is now owned by Disney, but by an outside vendor). Rumor has it that it may turn into a buffet, but as of now that is only a reumor.

faline
09-07-2009, 09:02 PM
I am a big fan of Coronado Springs resort but am not a fan of their food court. It's confusing and not well laid out.

Tigerinvestigator
09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
We love CSR and its actually my DW's favorite resort. We stayed there for our second time this past May and had a great trip. The resort is beautiful and the pool area is one of the best at WDW. The food court is very expensive and can be a little confusing. The addition of the small bakery and pizza ovens helps alot. I don't think you will be dissappointed with this resort at all.:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
09-07-2009, 11:27 PM
We are staying at CSR in a few weeks...but for convenience you can't beat FQ...especially for the bus...if you will need assistance for your FIL..the food court is very convenient for the FQ also. BUT...I believe that if you've been use to WL and then Pop I think that CSR will be a nice change...the pool at CSR is great and it also has three quiet pools, which FQ only has the main pool and a very tiny hot tub...Regardless you will have a good time whereever you stay...enjoy
:pirate:

c&d
09-08-2009, 10:47 AM
We've enjoyed our stays there, and it's probably one of our favorites when we're not in our DVC home. CSR does not share their buses with anyone and they usually have the best stops at the parks. You will probably want to stay in the Casistas section it's close to the food court since CSR is a very large spread out resort.

I don't remember seeing it last time we stayed but there was a little golf cart shuttle that ran around the resort so you didn't have to walk.

Here's some pictures I took last time we were down.

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=43f044553c0d67f60031ecd658bfd733

caryrae
09-08-2009, 11:41 AM
All the rooms are done or just about done being remodeled and now have queen size beds. You can check out one of our resident experts on CSR's website. <snip>

thrillme
09-08-2009, 02:40 PM
My vote personally is NO. Pick another resort.

CSR is too big and it was annoying. I'll have to give them a PLUS for their busses and for their queen beds but that's about it. The pool was nice but ALL the moderates have nice pools. The All Stars have nice pools too but not hot tubs.

The bar at the pool shut down by 6:00 or 7:00 the closest bar where you could get something was WAYYYYYY at the front entrance. I sometime enjoy a nice fruity drink or a mango margarita while relaxing by the pool. I had no intentions of walking a mile to get one.

If you wanted to eat...it was WAYYYYY at the front entrance. If you weren't on the dining plan...the food at the Market Place was very overpriced and we weren't impressed. My steak had more fat than steak. I should have sent it back and the baked potato was over done (rubbery). The next night we tried the chicken Alfredo and I think they used chicken "jerky" instead. The "resturant" next door wasn't too bad. Why would we eat there twice??? We were hungry and it was late the Mayan was already closed. We love the Electric Umbrella at Epcot but...wanted something else. There were a couple of times I didn't make ADRs because I just can't plan "vacation" down to the minute.

Everything was too spread out. I guess if I had the Casitas or one of the ones closer maybe I would have felt differently. It was just that after all day at the park and if you wanted a drink or a snack...it was a LONG walk from where we were. If you stayed in the Casitas it was quite a walk to the pool. I really missed the Values where everything was right there together.

You might have better luck with those golf carts than we did considering you have a few in your party who may need the assistence. The golf carts are primarly reserved for convention guests. I guess that's fine but it just annoyed me that they would fly by us totally empty RARELY asking if we could use a lift.

My friends stayed at Carribean Beach before ant that didn't seem to be so bad. I also heard from others at the hot tub that I probably would have been happier at something like POFQ.

Now there are some people who really like "strolling" through the grounds. I admit I'm not one of those people unless I'm in a "jungle" type setting with lots of wildlife or something really cool to look at.

I know I really missed the Values. I was longing for one of their Meatball subs and some cheesecake.

stitchaholic
09-08-2009, 03:50 PM
i loved it,i switched over after spending 3 days at POP,loved the pool and hot tub,loved cafe rix,loved the queen beds and empty buses,we never seemed to have to wait for a bus,and there were always available seats,the grounds were beautiful,a beach with hammocks,and there was a separate quiet pool for those not into water slides and kids

Gayle
09-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Thank you for all the info will get together with the group and we will decide. As said wherever we stay it will be a good time as usual in the world.:mickey:

Disney Doll
09-08-2009, 11:14 PM
CSR is our favorite moderate. I would assume that grandpa will have a scooter or wheelchair so I don't think the layout should be an issue. There's lots of walking at Disney and that just comes with the territory. I am one who likes to stroll the grounds. It's a beautiful resort and I think you miss out if you never walk around to take it in. We took my disabled mother there last trip and she loved scooting around the resort taking in the scenery.

We also liked Pepper Market. There was a server who explained the process as soon as we entered and I didn't find it confusing at all. I liked the variety and although it was a little more pricey compared to other CS restaurants I thought the food was better so it seemed worth it. However, we have a few food rules which we always abide by. One is that I never order steak unless at a steakhouse. My mom ordered a Chinese dish and wasn't impressed, but again I wouldn't order Chineses unless I was at a Chinese restaurant. Fast food steak or Chinese is never going to be that good, IMHO. We found the Mexican station and the burger station to be very good. The breakfast we had there was good too. We also enjoyed the pizza, salad, and sandwiches in the grab and go area. We often got meals to go so we could eat outside on the patio by the lake.