PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for early December?

kat70
09-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I just read that part of our trip (December 3 - 12) will be shared with Pop Warner teens, although Pop Century appears to be a safe place to be staying. Other than being prepared for occasional crazed-teen sightings, any other hints to make our trip (when I'll also be celebrating my 39+21th birthday) even more memorable?

Thanks!
Kat70

green ranger
09-07-2009, 06:00 PM
I believe the taping of the Christmas parade is December 4-6 in the MK. You might see some famous people walking around. Regis and Kelly host it.

deedeebee
09-07-2009, 06:47 PM
We have been during that time:cloud9: The teens at the parks were minimal. A nice break is going to check out all the wonderful Christmas decorations@GF, WL, Beach Club just to mention a few. Have fun during this magical time:santa3::sleigh::sleigh:

Strmchsr
09-07-2009, 07:23 PM
I believe the taping of the Christmas parade is December 4-6 in the MK. You might see some famous people walking around. Regis and Kelly host it.

That's true. Just keep in mind that MK can be insanely crowded on parade taping days, especially Saturday,

RockinRollerMom
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Make sure you get a chance to check out the Osborne Lights at DHS. It is my favorite thing to do at Disney that time of year. Like the PP stated, I would stay away from MK during parade tapings. Have a great trip!

SurferStitch
09-07-2009, 09:27 PM
DH and I will be there the exact same days you will be! It's our favorite time to go to WDW, along with mid-late October.

Be prepared for all kinds of weather. We've gone to WDW during this time in 2003, 2006 and 2007. 2006 and 2007 were both warm and sunny, with only a couple cold evenings thrown in there. Most days were upper 70's to mid 80's, oodles of sun, and totally dry. BUT, you could just as easily have chilly days, too. I'm hoping for warmer days again.

You'll have to check out the resorts on the monorail and see their decorations. We love the gingerbread house at the Grand Flo. The delicious scent fills the lobby, and the decorations are amazing.

The crowds will be pretty decent during this time since it's right after Thanksgiving, and the Christmas crowds haven't really shown up yet. You will not really notice the Pop Warner kids in the parks except for a few groups here and there. It's not bad at all.

Definitely don't miss the tree lighting at Epcot, and the castle lighting at MK. The castle is absolutely stunning decorate with all those lights!

We also love strolling around WS at night and listening to the various story tellers in the different countries. I especially love Germany and Norway.

Oh, and the Christmas finale to Illuminations is so beautiful! Do not miss!!!

I can't wait to go!!!!! :santa3::snowman::santa2:

ibrowse17
09-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Take the time to enjoy the resort decorations. The WL is fantastic, as are the campsites at FW. Have a great time:thumbsup:

kat70
09-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I really appreciate the quick response and great tips. We love taking the monorail around the park and exploring the various resorts, and I'm sure it'll be especially nice with the holiday decorations. And good to know we needn't worry about the Pop Warner impact. We saw them setting up the Osmond lights when we there in October, celebrating our daughter's 10th anniversary. (It was hearing how much fun they'd had on their honeymoon in 1996 that sent us there to celebrate our anniversary in May of '97!) Thanks, again, everyone. And Happy Countdowns to those of you with your next trip planned. :thumbsup:

Kat70 :mickey:

Jeri Lynn
09-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I also recommend checking out the resorts to see their decorations.

Check the weather forecast before you leave home to make sure you are prepared just in case there is some cooler weather.

One of my favorite things to do is to ride the TTA and just look around the Magic Kingdom.

kat70
09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
At least that part of my birthday celebration is all set. :thumbsup: I'm still waiting for my niece/travel agent and her WDW sales agent to work some magic for my birthday meal celebration .. the Castle is still booked due to special events planned there by the Pop Warner group. :mad: But I'm sure I'll still end up doing something fun. :party: Does anyone have any hints on how to take best advantage of MVMCP? Anything we need to be aware of??

Thanks!

Kat70

blondie219
09-29-2009, 03:59 PM
We will be there during that time to, we arrive on the 5th staying to the 12th. Congratulations on your birthday celebration. I hope its a wonderful time and a very memorable birthday for you.