PDA

View Full Version : Poly experts, need your advice

nyobabe2
09-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Going to the Poly thanksgiving week, it will be my family (2 adults and a 7 and 9 yr old) plus my sister in law in our room. We stayed in Rarotonga before which was nice, but my garden view was of the monorail which was not really my idea of a garden view. So the question here to all of you is, which longhouse would have the slightly bigger rooms and do any have double sinks or a sink on the outside of the bathroom. I heard Tahiti does and I hear Tokelau has bigger rooms. Plus looking to see garden views this time, with the increase in price because of the holiday, I do not want to look at the monorail this time!

marlaine
09-07-2009, 04:58 PM
My family always enjoys the two buildings closest to the GCH -- Niue and Rarotonga. I've always requested a ground floor and we've always been lucky with views of The Volcano pool or the Quiet pool. I started asking for these rooms when my DS was 2 (because I didn't want to have to carry him at the end of a long day). One year we were in Rapa Nui and we did not like being so far from the GCH. If I'm not mistaken, you can request views ahead of time, or see what they have when you check in.
We just love the Poly! Can't wait for this trip-we leave in 6 days! :cloud9:

rachel_future_candy_maker
09-07-2009, 06:31 PM
we've stayed at Tahiti once and the bathroom had a double sink-the view was of other longhouses though...

:tikki::stitch2:

Polynesian Dweller
09-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Both Tokelau and Tahiti are newer buildings and as such have larger rooms. I would suggest Tokelau (it does have double sinks) because from any room you can step out the doors and get a view of MK and the lagoon. You get the best lagoon opportunities on the east (non pool) side.

I have to add a comment about the Poly's size. It's actually got a small footprint (compare it to CBR or POR on google maps) and no walk to GCH is longer than about 3-4 minutes. Tokelau is no more than 3 minutes at normal walking speeds.

nyobabe2
09-07-2009, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=Polynesian Dweller;1953120]Both Tokelau and Tahiti are newer buildings and as such have larger rooms. I would suggest Tokelau (it does have double sinks) because from any room you can step out the doors and get a view of MK and the lagoon. You get the best lagoon opportunities on the east (non pool) side.

Great! Thats exactly what I was wondering! Not worried about the walk to GCH at all. So I'm thinking I should tell them I would not like a view of the pool and hope for the mk or lagoon view!! That would be sweet!