PDA

View Full Version : Old Unused Tickets

luvdiznee
09-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Anyone know how this works. I found our old "comp tix" from 2004. We got them from being there during hurricane Jeanne. I remember they closed the parks and we were on "lock down" in our resorts for the day. Anyway, I'd like to use these tickets now, so do I call and take care of things over the phone? Or do I have to wait until we get there? If I have to wait, can this be taken care of right at the front desk of our resort? We have a room only ressie at the Poly. :marg: Thx :cool:

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-07-2009, 10:19 AM
If it were me, I would call and see what they tell you. I'd rather be proactive. You may have to talk to more than one person though to get your answer. You could always contact Disneys Guest Relations. I bet they would know the best answer IMHO. Good luck!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

luvdiznee
09-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks, I'm usually proactive, too. I've been wanting to call, but since they are closed today I was just hoping to hear some first hand experiences about this situation:mickey:

Wayne
09-08-2009, 10:08 AM
My guess is that a "comp" ticket will have to be exchanged for a single day ticket at any of the park Guest Relations windows.

KylesMom
09-08-2009, 10:26 AM
My guess is that a "comp" ticket will have to be exchanged for a single day ticket at any of the park Guest Relations windows.

I would guess the same thing. We had to buy a one-day base ticket for our "Buy 4 Nights Get 3 Free" promotion this past June, and we've been instructed to go to Guest Relations at any of the parks or DTD to exchange them when we're ready to use.

CleveRocks
09-08-2009, 05:37 PM
My guess is that a "comp" ticket will have to be exchanged for a single day ticket at any of the park Guest Relations windows.A comp ticket doesn't need to be exchanged ... in fact, it can't be exchanged. A comp ticket is an actual ticket, not a voucher. You are supposed to use the comp ticket.

But the thing about comp tickets is that they are not upgradable in any way ... can't change 'em, can't add to 'em, can just use them.

I would guess the same thing. We had to buy a one-day base ticket for our "Buy 4 Nights Get 3 Free" promotion this past June, and we've been instructed to go to Guest Relations at any of the parks or DTD to exchange them when we're ready to use.

You were in a very different position. You purchased normal Magic Your Way tickets. Regular MYW tickets that you purchase can be added to/upgraded at any time within 14 days of the first use of the ticket (and you can add to/upgrade them even before they are used).

luvdiznee
09-08-2009, 07:52 PM
OK, I finally got through and talked w/someone she told me all I need to do is go to whatever park we plan to go to and I could just use them that way. No referring me to a specific "guest relation", such as at DTD. :confused:Does that sound right. If it is that easy then that is great. :mickey:I thought I would have to go off somewhere and stand in line and take half a day to get to use these. I did want to upgrade them to 2 day hoppers. But I learned from Mousesavers that I can't do that. Although I can't even remember if they were hoppers to begin with. :confused:But I do have 3 of them all together, so I geuss what I will do is use 2 for me for 2 separate days and buy DD12 one for an add'l day. Maybe I will call again, just to be sure I am getting the right info. :cool:Thanks

CleveRocks
09-09-2009, 07:38 AM
OK, I finally got through and talked w/someone she told me all I need to do is go to whatever park we plan to go to and I could just use them that way. No referring me to a specific "guest relation", such as at DTD. :confused:Does that sound right. If it is that easy then that is great. :mickey:I thought I would have to go off somewhere and stand in line and take half a day to get to use these. I did want to upgrade them to 2 day hoppers. But I learned from Mousesavers that I can't do that. Although I can't even remember if they were hoppers to begin with. :confused:But I do have 3 of them all together, so I geuss what I will do is use 2 for me for 2 separate days and buy DD12 one for an add'l day. Maybe I will call again, just to be sure I am getting the right info. :cool:ThanksWHat you wrote here is consistent with what I wrote in the post directly above (that it's an actual ticket that you use, and that it's not upgradable). It is correct information.

luvdiznee
09-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Now just have to find out if it is a hopper or base.