PDA

View Full Version : Whew! Got lucky - Any Thoughts

redleg96
09-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Just finished ADRs for DEC 6-15. Tried the on-line deal but it would only let me do the first day of our trip instead of our length of stay at the Polynesian. Had no problems getting it done on the phone though. Sometimes it's just better talking to a person.

Travelling with DW, DD(11), DS(10), and DD (9) on DDP. We try to avoid eating too late if possible and really don't eat big breakfasts.

Hoping to get some really great meals since I'm heading to Afghanistan in January where I'm sure my dining options may be a little more 'limited'.

Here's what we got

-Dinner at O'hana about an hour later than what we wanted but from what I understand, we were lucky to get it at all.

- Lunch at Yak and Yeti - I know a lot of people don't like it but we had a great experience there last time and look forward to doing it again.

- Late lunch (250pm) at Liberty Tree Tavern. Really wanted to do dinner but the earliest dinner was at 640pm and we didn't want to miss any part of MVMCP since it's our first time doing it (1st for both LTT and MVMCP).

- Lunch at Sanaa. Went to Jiko last time and thought we'd give this a try.

- Dinner at Kona. Loved it last time for dinner thought we'd do it again.

- Dinner at Rose and Crown; never been.

- Dinner at The Wave; first time.

- Dinner at Boma; yet another first

- Early dinner (455pm) at Crystal Palace - you guessed it - 1st time

- Finally, dinner at Chey Mickey's for DDs 12th Birthday - also haven't been here.

Glad the ADRs are made and can't wait to go.

green ranger
09-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Your dining selections sound great! We really enjoyed Kona too. My sister will be down there at the same time and I recommended that restaurant to her when she couldn't get into O'hana. So yes, it seems that you were lucky to get O'hana. Have a great time with your family.

jenny1976
09-07-2009, 09:04 AM
I can only speak for O'Hanna, Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace.
O' Hanna's Is WONDERFUL!!! We love it. Great food, ambiance and theming.
Chef Mickey's has wonderful variety, is fun for kids and adults, although rowdy at times, and has great character interaction.
Crystal Palace has wonderful character interaction, is close to the MAGIC and the foos is good.
You have picked some promising ones...can't wait to hear!!!!

jenperich
09-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I can only speak for Rose and Crown & Crystal Palace. We loved Rose and Crown - good food and great service. They were very friendly there. For Crystal Palace, we ate breakfast there. However, the character interaction was great...and it's in a great spot.

We're also trying Boma for the first time next month, so I look forward to that. Have a wonderful time...you're going to LOVE MVMCP!!

Thank you for serving our country. :flag:

Belle_0717
09-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Just a thought if you want to have an earlier dinner for the night of MVMCP, try the Plaza. You can probably get in and the food it good. A little different from LTT but enjoyable.