PDA

View Full Version : The odds of February discount?

Iluvpooh
09-06-2009, 08:19 PM
I know everyone gets tired of these prediction questions, but I am really worried about making the wrong choice for our dates.

We could book now for Dec. 5th-12th and get the "free" dining or we could wait and book for Feb. 5th-12th and hope for a discount.

I had always heard that there were no Spring discounts and then out of the blue Disney offered that free night promotion last year. We loved the weather and crowds and decided to try the same week again this year, but I am worried about missing the window to book December waiting on a discount that may not come.

Also I am worried that a WDW vacation right before Christmas may be a little hard on the pocketbook.

Mickey's 4Walls
09-07-2009, 06:39 PM
We are looking at going that same week in Feb to surprise our son for his bday! We r keeping our fingers crossed for the deal they had last year!!!!:mickey: Did you go then? how was the weather and did you go to any pools or waterparks? Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

Mickey's 4Walls
09-07-2009, 06:53 PM
We should hear something in October, if there will be any special for then!!:fingers: By the way , GREAT GAME SATURDAY!!! RTR!

Iluvpooh
09-08-2009, 09:32 AM
We are looking at going that same week in Feb to surprise our son for his bday! We r keeping our fingers crossed for the deal they had last year!!!!:mickey: Did you go then? how was the weather and did you go to any pools or waterparks? Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

Yes, we went that time last year. The first of the week was a little cold front came through so it was pretty cool in the mornings the first 2 days. We had no rain at all and by the end of the week we were all in the pool at POP & loving the weather! That is the main reason we decided to go back the same week this year. I know a lot of "yanks" can swim when it is cold, but I'm a southern girl and it has to be pretty warm before I'll jump in a pool.

The crowds were great the first weekend, but the second weekend was Presiden'ts day weekend and it got pretty crowded. We left on Valentine's Day and it was a zoo at MGM. This year we are planning on getting out before V. day and President's weekend to avoid the crowd.

princessesmom
09-08-2009, 09:48 AM
We have been there in 2000, 2003, 2006, and 2009 during February, most of those times during President Week. Disney had always ran some type of promotion, though generally not as good as last year's 4/3 deal. I believe in 2006 we got free upgrades for hoppers and water parks & more option on our tickets. The two prior trips they had room only discounts. If you really want to go then, I would book now. If you have AAA they generally have room only discounts. Then if something better gets announced you can switch over to that.

We love the weather in February. It is generally in the 70's with little to no rain. It can be cool in the mornings and evenings, so you need to bring a variety of clothes. But it is so much better than the summer heat. And it is a huge improvement over NY in February.

faline
09-08-2009, 12:07 PM
There's no way of predicting what, if anything, Disney will offer in February.