PDA

View Full Version : Stroller brand suggestions?

DisneyRN
09-06-2009, 06:44 PM
DD weighs around 50lbs and will have just turned 7 yrs. when we go in December. I have already decided to bring a lightweight stroller to save her legs.

Looking online (Babies R Us, etc), I have noticed the weight limits are either 35lbs. or 55lbs.

Does anyone have suggestions for stroller brands (INEXPENSIVE) that will accommodate her weight. She is also tall.

I really don't want to:rent if I don't have to
spend a lot of money on a stroller that I won't use after this trip.
:confused:

Lucyrella
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
We had the same dilemma and bought a Combi for $60 there is one that hold up to 55 pounds, and our daughter loved having it. We are in our middle to upper 40's so carrying her and her little sister if they are tired is not an option with our backs. The stroller only weighs 13 pounds I think and folds up easily.

It was a life saver...

Carol Ann

CAS
09-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Is there a reason she'll be in a stroller? We found at about 4 years old our first was ok all day without a stroller. If a 7 year old will be in a stroller only because you'll be spending from sun up to sun down in the park then might I suggest either taking a several hour afternoon break in between at the hotel or going back to the hotel in the late afternoon to relax by the pool, hit the food court, order pizza in the room, etc. Much happier kidletts in the long run and less of a haul for you and the strollers in the park. Just our little way of making it easy on the munchkins. :)

CAS
09-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Oh, but on the stroller piece...we would bring the Mclaren Volo. It's weight limit is 55 lbs but it only weighs 8 lbs. I was turned onto this model by seeing so many of them in the parks; if you count all of the strollers I'd bet the majority of them are Mclarens. The Volo was our choice because it provided the most ventilation in the hot Florida sun. :thumbsup:

Coincidentally, it was also the cheapest ($119)!

DisneyRN
09-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Is there a reason she'll be in a stroller?

Okay, I will be the first to admit that my scrawny little girl is a bit of a whiner and doesn't like to walk. This is the child that hates to even walk around Walmart. :blush:

Life will be much better if we have a stroller.

That said, I was looking at the Maclaren's, but the price detered me...I was not wanting to spend that much.

Mickey'sGirl
09-06-2009, 11:14 PM
We just got home, and over the past two weeks, we saw lots of older kids using the $40 ones you can purchase at the resort shops. If your daughter is indeed scrawny, then I would bet she would fit into one of these.

brian2000boston
09-06-2009, 11:55 PM
we bought the one they sell on property and though it was good value compared to renting, it was equal to a $20 one at the store. We just bought the Mclaren Techno for this trip. I totally know what you mean, our son doesnt walk and without the stroller we would be carrying him. Be aware that if there is any chance of your child napping that the cheaper ones seam to not recline and have short backs on them. The childs head will flip back, so doenst work well. I would never rent since it is wasted money.

Another option is if you buy a nice stroller, after the trip you can sell it on craigslist and get most of your money back since they tend to hold value. If you have a Marshalls in your area, the ones by us just got some in and they are half the price, volo was $79(no recline) the Techno was $150 (normally $300) brand new in unopened box

gaffz70
09-07-2009, 07:18 PM
We just returned last month, and we had 2 $20 umbrella strollers...one for the 5yr old and one for my son that turned 8 there. We were definitely glad that we brought one for him. He is on the smaller side for his age. We liked being able to get around fast w/ both of them in strollers. On the few times he wasn't in the stroller, I found it hard for him and I to keep up w/ my dh..or I was worried he would get lost in the shuffle.

I never checked the weight limits on either stroller and never had a problem. Plus, they were so cheap and we had had them for so long that we really didn't care if they broke - we definitely got our money's worth. I just can't see spending money on a new one or expensive one, b/c besides for WDW when would they ever use them?

seanyred
09-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Look into a Combi. As i said in another thread its light weight and folds inward with a carrying strap.

momofdisneyprincess
09-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I just purchased a Maclaren Volo new in box on Ebay for $55. Not sure if they are still selling them. The stroller is for my DS2. My DD6 will be walking. We take many breaks though.