PDA

View Full Version : First trip ever actually had trouble getting ADR's during value time

DisneyRN
09-06-2009, 06:37 PM
I will go ahead and blame it on the free dining plans offered, but this was the first trip that I ever had where I had troble getting some of my ADR's when I called at exactly 90 days out. :shake:

And it was for some popular, but random places...O'hana? I couldn't get anything until 9:45pm. I thought maybe there was a MVMCP that night, but no. :confused:

1900 Park Fare on a random Wednesday...nothing until 10:30am, but they could give me Chef Mickey's at 7:55am :confused:

But, I got 1900 Park Fare on Friday morning at 8:10am.

It was all strange. :yoda:

Blame it on wonky 90+10 and online ADR mishaps... ;)

SurferStitch
09-06-2009, 07:09 PM
I feel your pain. I had similar issues.

There were a couple days we couldn't get 'Ohana for breakfast at all, so I had to do some really quick shuffling to find a morning that would work for us.

Same with dinner at 'Ohana, but I made it work on a different day. It definitely wasn't an ideal change I had to make, but if we wanted to eat there, I only had one option to fit it in.

I, too, have NEVER had any issues with ADR's when I booked on the 90 or 180 day mark. I was really disappointed in how difficult it was to get what we wanted, but it all did somewhat work out in the end. Just not the way I had hoped.

MonoMan
09-06-2009, 07:46 PM
We experienced a similar issue and had to do a little tweaking with our plans. I plan to check back around the 45 day mark and randomly as I remember to see if anything opens up. I think the DDP has made ADRs a must if there is something you really want to do and I also think there is an issue with people who make multiple ADRs and then decide on that day where they really want to go. I miss the days of being there during value season and you could just walk up or only have a small wait:blush:

princessgirls
09-06-2009, 10:16 PM
I had similar issues on Saturday morning when I made my reservations exactly at 90 days out for my trip starting 12/4/09. I did online at 8:30am, and had to tweak my week. I just wasn't getting up at 5:30am to do this.

We didn't get into Chef Mickey's at all or the Cinderella and friends dinner at 1900 Park Place.

I did get
Crystal Palace
50's Primetime
O'hanna
Teppan Edo
Norway's Storybook Princess Breakfast
at descent times. We are going on a short trip here, and not doing the hopper so I was limited to begin with. The good news is we won't have to travel, all but O'hanna will be in the park will be in that day, and we will do O'hanna after Animal Kingdom. Might make for an easy paced vacation.
It does annoy me that Chef Mickey's was completely booked up at 8:30am for my entire stay in Disney.
Julie:mickey:

kathiep
09-07-2009, 09:18 AM
We had the same issues for our trip the last week of August. We got some really great places with excellent times but then had issues with some others. I called at exactly 90 days out and couldn't get a few that I wanted. I kept trying hoping for some cancellations and one did open up. Keep trying and just remember what DH kept telling me.....they are only meals. They won't certainly won't ruin your Disney vacation.

princessgirls
09-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Thank you, and your husband is so right!!!

I'm pretty happy with what we got now, and the times are good, for for me that is key!
We were able to do Disney in March, and did ALL of our favorites. This trip is a bonus, and I feel blessed just to be able to go.

Julie:mickey: