PDA

View Full Version : Love Bugs...

pianobabe
09-06-2009, 01:50 PM
We are leaving for WDW next week. What is the latest on the love bug situation? Have they arrived yet? Come and Gone?

Thanks everyone!!

Ed
09-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Haven't seen any for several months. Which is a good thing for my vehicles' paint jobs.

:bug:

pianobabe
09-06-2009, 10:01 PM
That sounds good to me. They aren't "bad", just annoying.

ransam
09-07-2009, 12:40 AM
what are love bugs...

pianobabe
09-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Love bugs are flying insects (?) that are more annoying than anything. You usually see them in pairs "attached", which is one reason they are called love bugs. They do not bite. They do make a mess with the paint job of your car and the windshields. When we were at WDW a few years back they were absolutely awful. The past couple of years they haven't seemed to be as bad. I believe they are typically seen about twice a year (spring and fall). Hopefully someone will be along with better/more information. If not, you can use the search function. I know there have been several threads telling what they are.

MNNHFLTX
09-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Love bugs are flying insects (?) that are more annoying than anything. You usually see them in pairs "attached", which is one reason they are called love bugs. They do not bite. They do make a mess with the paint job of your car and the windshields. When we were at WDW a few years back they were absolutely awful. The past couple of years they haven't seemed to be as bad. I believe they are typically seen about twice a year (spring and fall). Yup, they usually tend to swarm in May and September, give or take a week or so. Totally harmless but a nuisance all the same.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Our niece and her husband had their honeymoon at the same time the love bugs were there. I guess it was the worst yr for them. Anyways.... she was showing me her pictures and I'm like, "Hey, is there something wrong w/ your camera? There are black spots all over ALL of your pics!" She starts to laugh and tells me, " NO, those are love bugs!" We both had a good laugh. She said they were just annoying. We have been 3 times in Sept/Oct and the bugs were never too bad.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

WDWCrazyKaren
09-08-2009, 09:05 AM
The last time we went in October, I was tempted to buy netting and just wear it around. A few bugs here and there, no big deal, but when they swarm, it drives me crazy! I know we leave in just 18 short days :party: and it's the perfect time of year for those pesky critters. I hope they are waning...

VolMickey
09-08-2009, 10:19 AM
We go next week, never been during "love bug" weather, but we're big Herbie fans so....

just kidding!