PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lights on the Castle & Osborne Lights Q

Figment78
09-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Has anyone seen anything official about the icy lights on the Castle this year for the holidays? When we were there earlier this year, I swear I did not see them anymore. Have they taken them down? Hard to believe they would take them down after just one season.

Also - is there a special beginning to the Osborne lights or it just an ongoing thing throughout the night. The last time I saw them (back in 1998) - it was just lights around the backlot. Now that they are "dancing" is it more of a show that you have to see the start of?

TIA!

Strmchsr
09-06-2009, 02:02 PM
The lights are not left on the castle year round. They start putting them on in August and they are turned on in November. They are currently finishing putting them on now.

There's a sort of count down to start the Osborne Lights, but nothing that's really a big deal.

DisneyBoi1215
09-06-2009, 02:24 PM
For the Osborne Lights, I really do not think it is suggested that you catch the beginning. Even if you walk through when they just start the lights, it is impressive from the middle part of the show as well. I love the music they use for the lights.

Mickeysbrother
09-06-2009, 09:01 PM
We were just there the week of Aug. 23rd, and they were starting to put the Ice Lights on the Castle. One night, after the park closed, we could see them testing the lights from our room at Bay Lake Tower. They only had about half of the lights on, but it was cool to get a peak at them in August!

jnfr2424
09-08-2009, 02:15 PM
The dancing lights happen every so often as you are in the Osbourne lights area so stay for a couple of tunes and walk around so you can get different perspectives of the lights