PDA

View Full Version : TA and ADR's

PoohRules
09-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I booked with a travel agent this time around. So far, so good. I am very happy with the service and attentivness to my 1000 questions. However, I am approaching my 90 day mark to make my ADR's and am curious what others have done. Do you book your ADR's yourself or go with your travel agent? I see mixed opinions about using the online system and also calling, so I was thinking about using my TA and hoping as they request so many for everyone that maybe they have a better "in" on getting my reseravations for when I want them.

Anyone have any advice? Go it alone or have really good luck with a TA?

Thanks!

Strmchsr
09-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Most TA's don't do ADRs for you, but I think you're better off doing it yourself. They don't have a special "in" and if the TA can't get what you want then it's much better for you to be on the phone so you can adjust based on what 's available.

Tink1
09-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Some TA's do offer ADR assitance, some do it on a case by case basis, some do it for overseas clients.

That said, if a TA is offering to do your reservations you have to be aware that you may not be the only client they have to work on that day. If they have more than one client, there is no guarantee that your reservation will be the one worked on first. If you are not the one worked on first, there is a chance that some dining venues/times may be booked by the time she gets to yours.

I agree when Chris said, "it's much better for you to be on the phone so you can adjust based on what 's available". Especially if certain ADR's are important to you.

Nanc

PoohRules
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I will book them myself. :scared:

Wish me luck, it is this Friday. :alarm: