PDA

View Full Version : The ever famous "stroller" question - which is best???

LisaP
09-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Yes ... I've seen it here on Intercot more times than I can count, but I have to ask it again :beat:

Looking for advice on the best stroller option for the WDW trek. This is for my niece who is 4 yrs old, 40 lbs and 39" tall, and my sister who is 5'5".

Sister is a single mom, so it has to be lightweight enough (15 pounds or less) for her to haul around on and off transportation while reeling in a very "spirited" toddler :bolt:

However we do want something that will be comfortable (more than a cloth "bucket") for her to last in for several hours during day and night - and potentially fall asleep. Bells and whistles are not that important, since you can buy accessories to attach for added sun shade and storage, cupholders etc (already did that).

She is staying at Poly, so trans should be easier for her -- may not be as big a deal for folding up the stroller on monorail and/or water taxi. She'll only use the buses when necessary.

As far as brands, we are open to anything and at any price point, but our research / test drive has shown that Combi strollers in general offer very narrow seating and appear to be very low in height? ... and we're not yet sold on MacLaren because they do not appear to offer much seat support and zero basket space (especially for the price).

I have spent quite some time researching this and reading customer reviews online, and I'm fried. I would really like some input from the experts here for the exact application :thanks:

Thanks to everyone in advance for your help! :grouphug: