PDA

View Full Version : place to get ears pierced?

dinahvixen
09-06-2009, 11:04 AM
My dd will turn 8 this thurs while we are at WDW and she wants to get her ears pierced on her bday - does anyone know if this is possible on property somewhere?

Tinksalot
09-06-2009, 11:23 AM
You could try Downtown Disney, but I can't remember ever seeing it done there.

SBETigg
09-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Yes, right next to the Main Street Tattoo Parlor. ;)

I'm kidding. I have no idea. I just can't imagine Disney encouraging the piercing of anything, though ears are fairly standard business. There are jewelry stores, though, so maybe someone will know for sure.

But, it was a fairly traumatic experience for my DD. She wanted them done so badly but she still blames me for not warning her enough about the pain (which I don't recall to be all that bad, and she got over it quickly enough, but still...). I'm not sure you wouldn't be better off doing it at home before you leave to give her time to adjust before you're actually at WDW. If it's not a great memory for her later, you might not want her to associate it with such a happy place. But hopefully your experience will be completely different, anyway.

dinahvixen
09-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Good thought! Maybe we'll wait!

TheRustyScupper
09-06-2009, 04:24 PM
1) There is no ear piercing on WDW property.
2) It is a liability risk and possible PR nightmare.

Tinkerfreak
09-07-2009, 07:40 AM
I would wait until you get home. Not only might she have a bad experience with it but it is also common for the ears to get infected and you won't want to have to deal with that while on vacation. I would just let her pick out a great pair of earrings and make sure she knows that once she has her ears pierced it will be several weeks before she can wear them.