PDA

View Full Version : How old is a child on Southwest's boarding

aurora, ariel, and bell
09-06-2009, 06:48 AM
We are going with granddaughters ages 5 and 4. Can they board after the A group and before B, or do we need to get boarding passes 24 hours ahead of time?

JenniferS.
09-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I got this from SW website.

An adult traveling with a child four years old or younger will board between the “A” and “B” boarding groups. If you have an “A” boarding pass, please feel free to board with that boarding group.

Seeing there is one child that is 4 in your party, you can board between the A & B groups.

r4kids
09-06-2009, 09:54 AM
When we flew SW last year they let us get into the line with those that needed extra assistance and small children. Then they let us board either first or just after the A line. We had also preprinted our boarding passes. I suggest getting on 24 hours before hand and print your passes. They also have a new $10 early bird pass, you may want to check this out.

Niecyboo
09-06-2009, 10:50 AM
yes, we just flew Southwest yesterday and it was 4 and under for early boarding.

SorcererJim
09-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Keep in mind, that it is only the immediate guardians of the child that can board in that group... You say you are traveling with the grand kids, but didn't say if their parents are coming as well... if they are, then only two of the "adults" gets to preboard... the other members of the party must board in their assigned spots....

as a Southwest boarding agent once put it... "only parents of the children may board in family board, no aunts, uncles, grandmas, grandpas, cousins or long lost cousins you just met today in line" :)

aurora, ariel, and bell
09-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the replies, it's just us brave grandparents going:mickey:. I decided to do the $10 and make sure we get good boarding passes. (just to be on the safe side)..2 more sleeps!