PDA

View Full Version : Anything special @ Wilderness Lodge?

tss22
09-06-2009, 03:07 AM
We are staying at the wilderness lodge with our 2 young boys (4 & 2) and I want to make this special for my wife. Is there anywhere special in the Wilderness Lodge I should request for our room? Anything else we should see or do there?

disneycutie165
09-06-2009, 08:57 AM
You are so lucky! I want to go! Well there is one place I would recommend for your stay.
1. The sides of the WL. The outside rooms have balconies w/ views of the pool, and the lake. If you have one of the really good views of the lake, then you might be able to watch the Light parade go by from your room so you won't have to walk to the beach.:thumbsup:
Another special thing to do would be to eat at Artist Point. I've been to AP 3 times, and it is very high class and has a view of the stream running all the way to the pool. Kids are allowed, but if you would prefer an evening with just you and your wife then there is a place called "Cubs Den" where they can stay & play for the evening.

Hope this was helpful! Have a good time!

Gregandmel
09-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Just being there will be amazing for your family! We were lucky enough to stay there last October and it will ALWAYS be my resort of choice (finances permitting). We enjoyed being there almost as much as the parks, and we were back each day around 4pm for the rest of the day. Enjoy everything there - the boys will have a blast at the pool and seeing the geyser go off - make time to see the electric water pagent float by each night (if you are on the dock, that's really fun and you will probably see some of the MK fireworks as well). Just breathe and take it all in. Enjoy!!! :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
09-06-2009, 09:45 AM
If you spending any down time at the hotel be sure to check out the path that runs between WL and VWL, the rabbits and ducks hang out there in the late afternoon. Also, the bear tracks on the walkway - simple, yes but when mine were little they thought it was cool. The afternoon games are fun: scavenger hunt and beach olympics are 2 that spring to mind.

luvDaMouse
09-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Loved Wilderness Lodge:thumbsup: When you are checking in ask if they have picked all of their "Flag Family" for the time you are there. They pick one family everyday to go to the top of the lodge and hoist the flags in the am. (weather permitting) I have not done this but a friend of mine has and he said the view is amazing! plus they got to have a free breakfast in the Consierge (sp?) lounge.

cmshelton1979
09-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I stayed in the honeymoon suite there last August. I loved this resort. Artist Point is my favorite place to eat at Disney World. The geyser is very cool to see.

I didn't have my kids with me when we were there, but I'd try to use the Cub's Den. You are only a short boat ride away from MK also.

I loved this resort and can't wait to go back sometime. Not sure when we'll go back to WL but I can't wait.

tss22
09-06-2009, 03:05 PM
thanks for the tips so far. Although Artist Point sounds nice, my wife's stomach has stopped functioning so we probably can't do that (not to mention the $$).

For the Flag family, is it wheelchair accessible?

For the water pageant - what time does it pass by the lodge?

Thanks!

t

LudwigVonDrake
09-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time in July. Can't wait :wave:

kemps@wdw
09-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Definitely, ask about being "Flag Family of the Day". The view from the top of the lodge is incredible! There are 4 different views and we have had them all. Each one is special in their own way. Woods view...beautiful scenery (least expensive) MK view...we watched Wishes from our balcony, Lodge View...loved people watching from the 4th floor balcony above the WCC (a little noisy though til about 10pm), and, our fave, courtyard view...4th floor, overlooking the pool, bar, and a great view of Bay Lake. As those who actually take time to enjoy our room and view, this location is what we request each time we go! And speaking of the Whispering Canyon Cafe, it's great fun for kids!:thumbsup:

disneycutie165
09-07-2009, 08:44 AM
The electric light parade begins at 9:35-9:45? Sometimes it is a little off schedule depending on the weather. If the weather gets too bad they probably won't have it. We went during Tropical storm Fay last August & they canceled it even the nights that the storm hadn't even started! But come down to the beach at about 9:25-ish. The kids will probably like playing in the sand. But here is a hint- the parade comes by surprise! My family & I have a hint that we always look for & know when its coming, but I won't tell you since it is your 1st time seeing it!

TheRustyScupper
09-07-2009, 11:17 AM
For the Flag family, is it wheelchair accessible?

1) Not handicap accessible, let alone wheelchair accessible.
2) You must
. . . climb a double-high and steep stairway inside
. . . climb a steep stairway outside
. . . navigate obstacles on the roof