PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman Steakhouse or Narcossee's?

beksy
09-05-2009, 09:06 PM
This is the first time that we are doing any Signature dining and I am trying to decide which to try. We are definitely trying California Grill (Mom's request) but I'm having trouble deciding on the other one. We like steak and seafood so that doesn't help us! What are your opinions on the two? Or is there another you prefer? TIA! :mickey:

Aggie97
09-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Definitely Narcoossee's -- we've always had delicious food and wonderful service there. The atmosphere and location are fantastic and make the meal very special. If you can time your meal to coincide with Wishes, the view from the verandah is lovely.

I do not eat seafood, but I prefer Narcoossee's for steak over Yachtman's Steakhouse. My husband has had various seafood starters and entrees, as well as steak, at Narcoossee's, and has always been pleased. Plus, Narcoossee's has terrific seasonal starter salads, and the almond-crusted cheesecake with lambert cherry sauce is to die for!

Whatever you decide, have a great time! :mickey:

SBETigg
09-05-2009, 09:55 PM
California Grill, I've always had exceptional food and service and that breathtaking view just makes for a truly memorable experience. At Narcoossee's, I love the location, the inviting atmosphere, and the warm and friendly service as well as the food. I have not tried Yachtsman's Steakhouse, but Narcoossee's has a lot of menu options and I would go with it.

kakn7294
09-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Never been to Yachtsman but we went to Narcoossee's in July and it was fabulous! They surf and turf was wonderful - the filet was so tender and the lobster was delicious. I didn't care much for the sauce though - my daughter did right by asking for it on the side. Wish I had done the same.

SurferStitch
09-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Narcoossee's is our favorite signature dining restaurant in all of WDW. We've dined there at least 20 times now. We are also going there twice in December.

Food and service are the best you can get (other than V&A), and the view of the MK fireworks is wonderful.

We almost booked Yachtsman for our December trip, but several people we talked to said it's nothing special. Not bad mind you, just not worth giving up a night at Narcoossees', or Cali Grill, or Le Cellier, etc.

Ksmith75
09-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Narcossee's....definatley. We did the Yatchmans this year and last year - this year was a dissapointment...still good - but not great. It was not worth the using 2 meals on the dining plan. We ate at the Captain's Grille and it was better than the Yatchmans. Narcossees was so delicious and gotta love the lobster!

DVC Mike
09-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Yachtsman is much more quiet than Narcoossee's.

SBETigg
09-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Yachtsman is much more quiet than Narcoossee's.

Narcoossee's is not a loud place to my experience. Not loud at all. How much quieter could Yachtsman's Steakhouse be without being practically empty?

kakn7294
09-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Yachtsman is much more quiet than Narcoossee's.We didn't find it to be noisy either. Narcoossee's really small and doesn't have a lot of tables. We had a window seat and a great view of the sights around Seven Seas Lagoon.

TammiMcMan
09-06-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm siding with DVC Mike on this one. Everytime we go to Narcoossee's, it's so loud. I definitely preferred the Yachtsman.

SurferStitch
09-06-2009, 12:55 PM
I have to agree with others that Narcoossee's is not loud at all. Now, Cali Grill can get pretty loud sometimes, and we thought Artist Point sounded like a high school cafeteria, but Narcoossee's always seemed very intimate and relaxing.

Oh, another great thing about Narcoossee's....Tom. He's the best server we've ever had in all of WDW. Ask for him and see if he's there. Top notch all the way.

MinnieMommie
09-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure if you are on the dining plan or not or if that will weight in on your decision as to where to dine. If you are looking for quality beef and that is your primary consideration I would go with Yachtsman. Check out the link below to Intercot's dining. You will be able to look at menus here and get a good idea of the dining selection at each place. :mickey:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Can't go wrong with either, but let me throw in Jiko to the mix if you haven't eaten there. I prefer it over them. If I had to pick between the two I would pick Narcoosies because of the view and proximity to the MK via monorail (I know my mind works really strange and different than most). Whatever you decide have a great trip.:thumbsup:

jenperich
09-08-2009, 11:32 AM
I have to agree with others that Narcoossee's is not loud at all. Now, Cali Grill can get pretty loud sometimes, and we thought Artist Point sounded like a high school cafeteria, but Narcoossee's always seemed very intimate and relaxing.

I thought Artist Point was very quiet and very romantic.

But, getting back to the original question. I have never been to the Yachtsman, however we absolutely LOVED Narcoossee's. It was very quiet and very romantic. Being low, and right on the water, with a view of Wishes was so wonderful. Narcoossee's all the way!

SurferStitch
09-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I thought Artist Point was very quiet and very romantic.

I know...that's what we were told by a couple people, so we tried it out.

Maybe the guests were just overly boisterous that night, but I could hear people laughing from across the room (we were on the far end pinned between the windows and a very large pillar). Everything seemed to echo so much, that we joked around saying that we must be in Whispering Canyon by mistake! Maybe the high ceiling and flooring made everything echo.

I guess that, on top of poor service and bland, undercooked food made us not like the place.

But, sorry to hijack the thread...just wanted to comment.

prttynpnk
09-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I think they are both excellent, but Narcoosees pulls ahead for me with it's location and it's atmosphere. The Yachtsman is a little more tucked away and isn't as lovely, view-wise.