PDA

View Full Version : Visa discounts

Suz36
09-05-2009, 09:03 PM
I know you've always been able to use a Disney Visa at WoD for a discount, but I thought I'd seen recently that you can now get a discount at any WDW store that sells Disney merchandise. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

Itchy
09-05-2009, 09:20 PM
I am sure that has always been that way. Before they closed the Disney stores in the St Louis market I could get a discount. Look at the chase card benefits and it should confirm your suspicions.

mreinventtt
09-06-2009, 09:21 AM
hi there. I was actually just at the Disney store the other day and I asked the sales person about that. They run promotions for disney visa cardholders. But you have to spend 50 dollars or more to get 15% off. They dont do it all the time though so just make sure you ask before you purchase anything. I am an annual passholder and you do get a discount of 15% off your purchases all the time and it dosnt matter how much you spend. Hope I helped you out.
Have a magical day!
Missy :mickey:

sgdisney
09-06-2009, 10:01 AM
The 15% Disney Store is a special promo that required the use of your Disney Visa plus the use of your rewards card. The Chase Disney site says that you can get a 10% discount at the WOD store in DTD with a purchase of $50 or more and the use of your Disney Visa. I did read in a newsletter (unofficial) this past week that this discount was being offered at all stores that sell Disney merchandise (that's every store, right?) on property.

locutus
09-06-2009, 12:08 PM
they used to offer discounts at WOD for DVC members. Guess its just diney visa cardholders now.

KylesMom
09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
If this is true, it's not being advertised anywhere on the Chase Disney site. There is currently an offer for 15% off Disney Store retail locations and Disneystore.com, but there is nothing regarding a blanket discount for wherever they sell Disney merchandise. Lots of restrictions, too . . .

15% off Restrictions at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store
Offer is valid 12:00 am PT, August 10 to 11:59 pm PT, September 13, 2009. Offer valid only on single purchase at Disney Store retail locations in
North America or orders placed online at DisneyStore.com. Limit one coupon or Promotion Code per Guest. Offer excludes Theme Park passes, Disney
Dollars, Shipping & Handling charges, gift cards, personalization, Disney electronics, Disney Theme Park merchandise and Adventures by Disney
merchandise, Disney on Broadway, Ultimate Wall•E Remote Control Robot, Blu-ray Discs®, DVDs, CDs, Books, Video Games, animation art, D23
Charter Membership, D23 Charter Gift Membership, Walt Disney Classics Collection, Jim Shore, Pooh & Friends Figurine Collection, Olszewski Gallery
of Light, Club Penguin, Lenox®, Precious Moments, gift wrap and gift boxes and items not in stock.

This is the blurb about the World of Disney store at Disney World:

Receive 10% off on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort. Must use your valid Disney Rewards Visa Card and mention this offer.2
Discount is available at the World of Disney® Store in the Downtown Disney® Marketplace at Walt Disney World® Resort when you use your valid Disney Rewards Visa Card and mention this offer.

And this is the e-mail I got the end of July:

Hi Carol,

Enchanting news! Now you get even more everyday magic when you use your Disney Rewards® Visa® Card to shop Disney. Starting August 1, you can treat your royal family to 10% off every time you spend $50 or more on purchases at all U.S. Disney Store retail locations. You also save 10% on purchases of $50 or more at DisneyStore.com¹ and select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort and the Disneyland® Resort.²,³
The subscript 1,2,3 disclaimers are enough to choke a horse, but suffice it to say it does not give any indication that the offer is good for any store that sells Disney merchandise.

Anyone else seen anything on this?