PDA

View Full Version : Aren't Disney and International Relations Great

Itchy
09-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Although I have had two bad trips with my one daughter and her family I have learned one thing from all this.

I was raised as an army brat and had the pleasure of being around all races, colors, and nationalities.

Well my grand daughter has had the great fortune of meeting children from other counties while at the pools during our stays.

That is all that she talked about for the longest time. She went on how well they got along and had so much fun. At least two were from the UK, and some from South America.

Its so great that Disney can provide the avenue for our children to be able to interact with others from all over the world. Maybe there is hope for us through our children and Disney

brownie
09-06-2009, 08:59 AM
It is great how Disney creates these opportunities for interaction with people from around the world.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-07-2009, 09:45 PM
It's great that your background helps you help her to have an open mind about meeting others who are different from her and accepting them as they are. Too many people are afraid of anything that is out of the norm and that might be a lot of the problem rather than bigotry. I too was raised as an Army brat so I like to think, for the most part, I'm open minded.
It's always interesting talking to people who are from someplace completely different than what you are used to and learning about their cultures and how they live.