PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier walk-in?

Nibs
09-05-2009, 05:33 PM
We tried to get ADR's for Le Cellier but they were booked, what are the odds of getting a walk-in table for lunch there during the middle of the week?

Strmchsr
09-05-2009, 05:59 PM
With "free" dining going on up until December the chances are somewhere between slim and none for a walk-up. Best chance is to call dining each day and ask if something has opened up. Even during non-"free" dining times a walk-up a Le Cellier is almost impossible.

ElenitaB
09-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Strmchsr is right. It will be extremely difficult to get into Le Cellier in the coming weeks while free dining is going on.

If you're bent on doing trying however, get to Le Cellier at 11:15 a.m. and ask if they can accommodate your party at opening (which should be around 11:30 a.m. or noon). If they can't for opening, ask if what time they finish their lunch service and what the latest time they could seat you would be. There may be a table opening then, and they will be able to tell you if what the chances are for seating you would be.

Good luck!

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I've seen a number of people turned away from Le Cellier, during "regular" dining times, let alone free dining.

You could always try right when they open, but I would have other plans as well, and don't be too disappointed if you can't get in.

TheRustyScupper
09-05-2009, 07:29 PM
what are the odds of getting a walk-in table for lunch there during the middle of the week?

1) I have heard of lots of walk-ups.
2) But, not since 2003.

bouldertcr
09-06-2009, 11:05 PM
I was recently at wdw during the last week of August of this year. We had dinner reservations at 5pm at Le Cellier. We got there early and many people were walking in trying to see if they could get seated without an ADR. All were being turned away except two men who were able to not take no for an answer from the hostess. Plus they threw in a lot of sweet talk that sealed the deal. The hostess immediately sat them as I waited with the many others who had an ADR. It was a site to behold so yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus.

P.S. Right after they were seated, two elderly woman came in and asked if there were any openings, you can only guess what the answer was.....("no, sorry, nothing available")!

ransam
09-07-2009, 12:36 AM
I was recently at wdw during the last week of August of this year. We had dinner reservations at 5pm at Le Cellier. We got there early and many people were walking in trying to see if they could get seated without an ADR. All were being turned away except two men who were able to not take no for an answer from the hostess. Plus they threw in a lot of sweet talk that sealed the deal. The hostess immediately sat them as I waited with the many others who had an ADR. It was a site to behold so yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus.

P.S. Right after they were seated, two elderly woman came in and asked if there were any openings, you can only guess what the answer was.....("no, sorry, nothing available")!

that kind of reminded me...we once had reservations at coral reef for 7pm...we got there about 6 45, and there was a lady infront of us who had a reservation for 6 45, and was being told by the waitress that they were behind and there was going to be about a 20-25 minute wait...this lady just went off on the hostess. the hostess was only 18 or so, if that. and this lady was going on and on about what good was it to have a reservation, etc...and how disney hired such stupid people, etc...
finally she went off in a huff...so when i checked in i kind of told the girl that she didn't deserve that talk from the lady, and we had no problem waiting....
we went outside w/ our pager and less than 10 minutes later we were gettig sat....it was kind of funny to walk by the lady, still waiting, still complaining.....
moral of the stories....be nice.
Maybe if you go to Le Cellier they won't sit you if you walk in...but if you're nice and flirt or whatever, you have a better chance than if you yell and complain...

J9
09-07-2009, 11:44 AM
You never know, it doesn't hurt to try.

Last Christmas we had a reservation for Dinner at LeCellier which we got on a whim (it would have been the second time we ate there for that trip.) My brother had a conniption that he didnt want to eat at the same place twice, so in the afternoon we got Italy and held both hoping that we could make a decision after looking at the new Italy menu. By the time we did, it was almost time for the LeCellier reservation, and we didn't want to walk all the way back up to guest relations. I waited in line at the hostess booth, saw two groups get turned away as walk ins, got my turn and told them we wouldn't be showing. Behind me was a family of 4 who was their first time in Disney and didn't know that you had to make ressies early (and the poor family had purchased the dining plan.) They asked and the hostess said, "we actually just had a cancellation, we're ready for you now."

So....it happens!!

Joy2theworld
09-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Over the past four years that my mom and I have gone during free dining, we've been able to do a walk in two times. Once for lunch and once for dinner. The other two years we were able to get a reservation. For dinner, we went just as dinner was going to start to be served and we were seated almost immediately. In fact, they told us 10 min, so, I ran to cancel our Rose & Crown ressie and by the time I got back, the hostess was waiting with my mom outside just chatting and waiting for me. It doesn't hurt to ask, but just be one of the first ones to ask :)

Tigerinvestigator
09-08-2009, 02:47 AM
We've had alot of luck at the WS restaurants over the last two years, walking in just before opening. It does happen and you won't know unless you try. We caught opening during a thunderstorm last year and there were several tables available after a month of being turned down online. Believe and it can happen!:thumbsup:

Nibs
09-08-2009, 05:15 PM
OK you've convinced me, we'll keep our fingers crossed and give it a shot. Thanks for the advice.:thumbsup:

hokies4life
09-09-2009, 07:49 AM
One thing at Le Cellier we heard from a woman who I believe was a manager of some sort, was that they were being over booked by the reservation people. So that even if they had cancellations they couldn't necessarily refill the spot because of all the other reservations they had. We were had a 5:40 reservation and weren't seated until about 6:30. So while it does happen, there are also other things to consider.

mudpuppysmom
09-09-2009, 08:42 AM
I'd still keep calling to try for an ADR though, as the majority of the posters here have said -- it happens, but it doesn't happen often.

Good Luck in your quest!!

seanyred
09-09-2009, 08:44 AM
One thing at Le Cellier we heard from a woman who I believe was a manager of some sort, was that they were being over booked by the reservation people. So that even if they had cancellations they couldn't necessarily refill the spot because of all the other reservations they had. We were had a 5:40 reservation and weren't seated until about 6:30. So while it does happen, there are also other things to consider.

That wouldn't surprise me either. I figure especially during free dinning ADR's are overbooked at all restaurants because they are probably taking an educated guess on what percentage will cancel/no show. The only problem comes in when everyone shows...